PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LieGate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets shouldn't get burned on an organizational level for the despicable act of one scumbag, anymore than the Titans should've been punished for Albert Haynesworth kicking that guy's head...

...or than the Patriots should've been sanctioned any more than a mild fine for a technical violation that amounted to no more than a uniformed member of the staff, in full sight, holding a camera that was also in full sight!!

Oh, those TRICKY Patriots.
crazy%20clown.gif

Above all, this whole Brouhaha highlights ~ with crystal clarity ~ how despicable...contemptible...and unspeakably vile Goodel's actions were.

Why must we swoop to their level? So what if people are still talking about spygate? It only affects you if you listen to it. The Patriots' goal is not to be America's Team. Our goal is to win the superbowl for our own fans. If you want to live in the past, it's your loss. For me, I'm enjoying every minute of the present and hopeful of the future. All these grudges are the cause of turmoil in the world.

* Yeah, tell me that in 20 years when you're watching an NFL Films documentary about the dynasty and 20 minutes of it is dedicated to Spygate. Tell me that in 15 years when every article you read detailing Brady's HoF career include a note about the taping and how it may have tainted their SB wins. Tell me that when, over the course of the rest of your life, whenever people talk or write about the dynasty, or Belichick's career, or Brady's career, that Spygate is brought up.

* It was a farce, it was an ESPN explosion, it was Goodell not knowing what he was doing, it was Specter being a jackass, it was Walsh seeking attention, it was media whores jumping all over themselves to be the first to report something new even if it was fabricated, and it was ALL disgusting and unnecessary.

* So sorry if some people around here get pissed off when a similar rules infraction--which is all the taping was if you look at all the evidence--gets treated like a non-story.

WOW.

That is the best I have EVER heard anybody describe The VILE ATROCITY that CONTINUES to be Perpetrated Against Us.

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

Commissioner Goodell is satisfied. Satisfied that the New York Jets’ tripping incident (“Thighgate” I think they’re calling it now) has been resolved fairly and judiciously, just as he was satisfied two weeks ago with the Broncos videotaping incident. He even let his old team determine their own punishment.

He bravely stepped into the fray, said “OK with me” as he turned away.

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Roger.

♪ When his team cheated, it is said, he quickly buried his fat head. ♪

♪ And when the story came right out, he pretended there was a doubt. ♪

♪ "Don't worry," he said, "Have no fear." "There is nothing to see right here." ♪

♪ "The Jets have done not one thing wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along." ♪

♪ Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Roger. ♪

Just a BIT too much time on my hands. :D

A Jets reserve player admitted that they've been instructed all season long to line up like they did during punts against Miami. So Fatasaurous Rex hasn't noticed this little drill before, eh? And Tannebum says, "this is all about Sal"?
Horse Hockey. Either Ryan is lying or he's just an idiot. Both choices are fine with me...

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

Commissioner Goodell is satisfied. Satisfied that the New York Jets’ tripping incident (“Thighgate” I think they’re calling it now) has been resolved fairly and judiciously, just as he was satisfied two weeks ago with the Broncos videotaping incident. He even let his old team determine their own punishment. He bravely stepped into the fray, said “OK with me” as he turned away. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Roger.

Read the rest:

Lie Gate

Fun fact: Roger Goodell worked as a NYJ intern

If anyone believes that the STRENGTH and CONDITIONING coach ordered players to form a green phalanx on the sidelines all season without anyone else's instruction to do so or approval of it being done, then you are an insufferably gullible buffoon.

If anyone believes that the STRENGTH and CONDITIONING coach ordered players to form a green phalanx on the sidelines all season without anyone else's instruction to do so or approval of it being done, then you are an insufferably gullible buffoon.

Also we are expected to believe that Rex who was standing 5 yards away from this "lineup" never noticed them at all as he watched the out of bounds player instead of the ball.

That is true, but it isn't even the worst part. Lying about not coordinating the activity is bad. It isn't reasonable but there is not hard evidence (yet) to contradict it. Saying that you never even noticed the activity happening is 100x worse. There is evidence that contradicts that. If you are definitely lying about the latter, why should anyone believe you aren't lying about the former.

Yeah, tell me that in 20 years when you're watching an NFL Films documentary about the dynasty and 20 minutes of it is dedicated to Spygate. Tell me that in 15 years when every article you read detailing Brady's HoF career include a note about the taping and how it may have tainted their SB wins. Tell me that when, over the course of the rest of your life, whenever people talk or write about the dynasty, or Belichick's career, or Brady's career, that Spygate is brought up.

It was a farce, it was an ESPN explosion, it was Goodell not knowing what he was doing, it was Specter being a jackass, it was Walsh seeking attention, it was media whores jumping all over themselves to be the first to report something new even if it was fabricated, and it was ALL disgusting and unnecessary. So sorry if some people around here get pissed off when a similar rules infraction--which is all the taping was if you look at all the evidence--gets treated like a non-story.

Sorry you feel this way. It doesn't matter to me what people think. :)

Guys, guys, GUYS!

You're forgetting the cardinal rule here.

When the Patriots do it it's wrong!

When the Jets do it... Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

You are absolutely correct, and that was craftily expressed.

Now...Any chance we can get you to spell the name of by FAR The Greatest Coach of our Age...correctly??

Hey, I believe Cameron Newton knew nothing about any alleged request for money and went to Auburn instead of Mississippi State because he had a change of heart. Why is it so hard to believe a NY Jets Strength and Condition coach? :confused:

:bricks:

Here's a pretty even-handed POV on this situation from LB Matt Chatham:

It Is What It Is An unfortunate situation has led to some unwarranted opinions

This story has reached the redonkulous stage, but what’s most disturbing, and simultaneously revealing, is how nearly every opinion across the sports landscape seems to miss the most blatantly obvious factual aspect of this drama: Carroll was trying to make a play, but he was the one breaking a league rule. Until they invent a new rule, nobody else was.

I know Sal to be a very principled, stand-up dude who deserves a little — but definitely not all — of the B.S. that has come his way from this mistake. If there needs to be a new rule or some clarity from above, so be it. Teams will adjust as they always do. This is the time of year where the really good and important stuff is going on within the playing field. Patriot Nation has no reason not to have bigger and better things on its mind.

Hey, I believe Cameron Newton knew nothing about any alleged request for money and went to Auburn instead of Mississippi State because he had a change of heart. Why is it so hard to believe a NY Jets Strength and Condition coach? :confused:

:bricks:

'Cause SCam Newton is in the $EC.

Why is it that Rex Ryan thinks that saying he did not know makes it looks a bit better? In my opinion it makes it worse that he has no control over his team. That organization is a rudderless ship.

Here's a pretty even-handed POV on this situation from LB Matt Chatham:

It Is What It Is An unfortunate situation has led to some unwarranted opinions

Balanced? You call this balanced?

The article starts off with the absurd claim that Alosi is "in the area he’s legally required to be". No, that's a complete misrepresentation of the facts. The fact is that Alosi is allowed to be in this area, that Alosi ordered others to be in this area to perform a specific function and that some of these other people were not allowed in this area.

Then the author claims that Alosi "makes a poor decision while acting on an immediately regrettable impulse". Obviously, everything but the tripping with the knee was carefully planned and implemented on a regular basis throughout the season. We are told (but have no verification) that the tripping was simply an impulse at that time - the believability of which has to be shaken by the knowledge that every other aspect was carefully scripted.

Personally, I think this is a relatively minor issue in the scheme of things. But, then again, I thought the same about Cameragate. But ignoring all the facts in order to whitewash what happened is just as bad as exaggerating what actually did happen or might have happened (some people are claiming the "innocent" player could have been "killed"!)

This article makes no pretense of being balanced.

Last edited:
Re: League perception - Jets get special treatment from Goodell

Might as well edit the title of the thread to "League AND Fan Perception", maybe "Patriot Fans Perception"?

Yes, I drink large glasses of the BB Kool-Aid and no doubt, it this was the Pats that did this, it would be a much bigger story than it's being made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back