Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liebermann Projected Winner in CT

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Nov 7, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where's Turk when we need him...? Still deleting files on the Armenian genocide is my guess...
  2. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I saw that, wonder why he isn't here talking about it. Him and his buddy Mikey.

Though I must admit it is being called a little early.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the media does tend to shamefully call winners too early. I swear, they got this one guy who is losing 46% to 54% (with 10% of precincts reporting) that they have declared a winner.

Reminds me of 2000 when all the mediots declared Gore the winner in Florida even though Bush was winning in vote count... then as results kept pouring in, Bush maintained his lead...
  4. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What happened to Turk, he said he would be here win or lose with Lieberman? I thought I would come here this morning and see his post, and yet nothing. Typical Democrat/Liberal, sore losers all of them.

I also notice Mikey has chimed in on this one either nor any of the other libs who were so happy when Joe lost the primary. Like I said Joe doesn't just represent the Dems in this state, he represents us all.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

I never hated Lieberman like some did. He's said he will stay with the Democratic caucus, and hopefully the Democrats in CT have adequately chastised him and he will return to his somewhat progressive roots.
  6. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

if anything he is going to be more independent minded as he has vindicated his belief system. Yes he will caucus with the Dems but note he never said he would become one again. He just became a huge power player in DC with this victory. Both sides are going to be beholden to Joe.

As I stated right after the primary, the Dems and the Repubs don't get it. Joe and his people first politics second agenda is what we need more of in DC. I am causiously optimistic that the Dems got the message because from all reports most of the new Dems that were elected are moderates like Joe. Its too bad the Repubs didn't get the message earlier and send more moderates because they would still hold the house. Hopefully this is a turning point for US politics as more moderates take over and shove the extremist libs and cons to the sidelines where they belong.