Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lieberman vs Lamont

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,078 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Lieberman is toast.

[​IMG]

4. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

As much as Lieberman is a DINO and in GWB's left hand pocket, do not count him or the big machine out until all the results are manipulated and counted.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

7. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

even if Lamont does win the primary he'll lose the overall election because Lamont will pull no more votes than he does in the primary whereas Lieberman running as an independent will pull Independent and Republican votes (one of which will be mine).

for the record Lieberman along with McCAin are my ideals of what this country needs as Senators, Reps and in the WH. Elected officials willing to work for the best interests of the everyone not just one party.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  8. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't feel that about Lieberman..he's all about himself..and basically NOT the party...I agree that there has to be some give and take, but when u are in a party primary and think you may lose and go Independent..Drop out..don't have that as a backup.. Why bother having a primary in the first place?? THAT to me shows it's all about him...and a BIG character flaw. And as far as McCain goes..I had more respect for him awhile ago..before the NY graduation incident..If you don't remember it, he spoke at a college in NYC and was upstaged by one of those graduating. WHat happened afterwords was a profile in gutless behavior. McCain's spokesman, one who has written books with him, his mouthpiece, wrote and trashed this
    girl on one of the blogs in response to what she has said at graduation. To me, McCain is gutless, for if he feels that way, he shouldn't be sending out other to do his dirty work, he should say that himself. Since, ther ewas never any retraction or aplogy, obviously, this was all OK with him. My respect for McCain has shrunk incredibly...

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Lieberman is good on civil rights, but he's too sanctimonious and his stand on the Iraq War is wrongheaded. I don't think it will be bad if he gets re-elected, but I'd prefer Lamont. I've always thought McCain was an unbalanced nut. I said a long time ago I'd rather have Bush than McCain as President. If McCain gets elected, I think there's a good chance that the world will become even less stable. Plus, now, the way he is sucking up to the far right and Bush makes me think that he's just another spineless politician.

10. RoadGrader

RoadGrader Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a sexy story/theory.....

The Hard-Left hates Lieberman's Iraq war stance and wants him out. Lamont is a fresh face with good blood-lines and has his own wealth, plus he's against the Iraq war.

Lamont can bring his own $$ to the table so fund-raising or diverting DNC monies to his campaign need not necessarily come into play, especially in the Dem primary.

The Hard-Left may muster enough votes to bump Lieberman, so the Dems need cover to keep the Senate seat should Lamont win as he may not have enough juice to carry the general against the CT-native Alan Schlesinger (R).

Lieberman floats the "I'll just come back as an Independant in the general" balloon along with signaling that he would join the Dem Caucus anyway even labeled as an "I" which gives the DNC the cover they need nationally to hold the CT Senate seat.

The Hard-Left is not unduly alienated, the DNC doesn't need to focus undo $$ resources for the CT inter-party cannibal fight, and they still get to keep the seat.

clever.

links? Nah, I made this up

11. Pats726

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Lieberman isn't bad..but this "I will run at all costs"..screw the primaries..is just poor!! Why have a primary at all?? Something is amiss when a candidate won't support the party's choice and runs..myabe he will become a Republican?? I think he is leaning that way and the fact that he will NOT support Lamont if he wins is very suspicious.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  12. ctpatsfan1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Just curious but do you know who is backing, in a huge way, the Lamont run? Weicker, former governor and Senator who was defeated by no lesser than Lieberman for his seat in the Senate. Simply put, that arrogant a-hole bakcing Lamont makes Lieberman the right choice.

Not to mention Lamont is a one trick pony with his constant rant about Iraq. There is more to being a Senator than the War in Iraq and being anti-Bush. Bush is only President for 2 or the 6 yrs he will be Senator, what is he going to do for the remaining 4yrs?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:rofl:
    :rofl: Please stop....incumbent pols working in the best interest of everyone!!!! Oh my god!!

LOL LOL

14. Pats726

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

From what I heard, Lieberman didn't even shake his hand afterwards..Frankly, Joe's demeaner was anything but good..rude, not wanting to be there..very poor...but beyond that, Joe always wishes to have it both ways.
    1---He's running as a Democrat..but he won't back the Democratic winner..(unless that is him) and he is going to run if he loses..WSOunds more like he wants it both ways.
    2---Almost the same as when he ran for VP with Gore...(Frankly, I wish he had been as fiesty against Cheney as he was against Lamont..) He ramn for VP as well as Senator...and if he had become VP..the Republican Gov wold have picked a Repib..and a Senate seat lost. Again, Joe wanted it both ways.
    3--When he talked about the Supreme Court decision, he praised it and said how great it was, although he helped Alioto become a SC justice..by being part of the gang of 14..So even thought he voted agasint him. he basically cut off the Democrats from doing anything to stop him. Again, saying one thing..doing another.. TYPICAL deperate politician who thinks of himself.
    The last thing was what I heard today from one of his top advisors..John Droney...who said it was reprehensible that Jews are not backing Lieberman more. Again, desperate and poor. I think his time is up...people are finally understanding him.

15. ctpatsfan1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do you live in CT, I do, and know for a fact that Lieberman works in the best interests of all his constituents regardless of their party affiliation. Contrary to your biased view there are good pols out there, on both sides, who don't kowtow to the party line. To bad there are two few of them.

So keep laughing because you are laughing from a point of ingnorance.

16. ctpatsfan1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

3--When he talked about the Supreme Court decision, he praised it and said how great it was, although he helped Alioto become a SC justice..by being part of the gang of 14..So even thought he voted agasint him. he basically cut off the Democrats from doing anything to stop him. Again, saying one thing..doing another.. TYPICAL deperate politician who thinks of himself.
    The last thing was what I heard today from one of his top advisors..John Droney...who said it was reprehensible that Jews are not backing Lieberman more. Again, desperate and poor. I think his time is up...people are finally understanding him.

that is because unlike the democratic party he understands the point of Senate confimation and each nominee getting a full vote. That is what elections are about. One of the spoils of winning an election is the right to appoint the judiciary. Alito was more than qualified to hold the position he does the problem was that the left didn't like his political bent, well guess what to f'in bad they lost the election. I don't like the political bent of the pro-choice Justices but that doesn't mean when a Dem is in the WH he/she can't appoint one and the Repubs shouldn't filibuster the appointment. Fact remains political leanings are not supposed to play into this only their persons qualifications to hold such a high office for life.

Lieberman understands this and so does the gang of 14 which is why they had to do what they did in order to thwart the left's fillibuster and the right's threat to use the nuclear option.

17. Pats726

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Lierberman wants it many ways...in the debate he praised the decision, but if he's as gutless with the next nomination as he was with Alito, his praising of a great decision like that MIGHT not happen... Basically by being part of the 14, they INSURED Alito's niominaton..as well as his vote to stop debate on it. If you like the war and like all of what Bush has done..Vote Joe..he'll give you the same. I love it how he not only opposes but is so critical of Dems who oppose the war..refuses to ever stand up for them when he's on all the right wing talk shows. If came out the same way aginstCheney as he did Lamont, he may have been VP...but that just shows what he's about.

18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -13

Update on the race from scrappleface.
    ;)

19. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hilarious, Patsfan13. It's as though the last 40 years never happened.

20. ctpatsfan1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There are more issues than the war that are important to his constituents in CT. You libs really need to move on from that one you are beating a dead horse.