Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lieberman--the left had it right

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Many people on the left felt Lieberman was an extremist on Iraq, not just a conservative. I disagreed with them, but it turns out they were right. If Lieberman had his way, we'd probably be fighting in Iran and Syria as well.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)– The United States should consider possible military action against Iran, Senator Joseph Lieberman said Sunday.

“I think we’ve got to be prepared to take military action against the Iranians to stop them from killing Americans in Iraq.” He spoke in regards to Iran’s role in Iraq. “And to me, that would include a strike into — over the border into Iran, where we have good evidence that they have a base at which they are training these people coming back into Iraq to kill our soldiers.”
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

At a time when the majority of the nation wants to get out of Iraq, this dried-up, senile old whore wants to invade Iran when the troops we have can barely hold their own in Iraq. And Syria, too? Nice going, Connecticut. Now you're stuck with this retard for five more years making you all look like suckas. Don't feel bad, though. We know how you feel... voted for Romney here.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Kerry/Kennedy/Clinton all said the same thing about Iraq when Fonda Kerry was running for President.

Kennedy's exact words were "Saddam has to go, he's a threat to peace in the world"

Kennedy should be sleeping better at night now, SADDAM'S GONE.

We should come home now because those ungrateful Iraqi Bastards aren't worth helping or dying for, leave and let them devour each other.

No More War
    Stay The Hell Out Of Africa nobody appreciates our help.
  4. glecco

glecco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Connecticut? What does Connecticut have to do with this? He's not encouraging this engagement for the people of Connecticut - or for the peorple of any other state of the Union for that matter.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh sh-t! I thought he was the Senator from Connecticut...never mind.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's all for this weeks episode of "When Liberals Devour Their Own." Join us next week, same bat-time, same bat-station.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Huh, Lieberman is a liberal?
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

In order to be considered by some to be a conservative, you have to be somewhere to the right of Pope John Paul and to the left of Mussolini. Leiberman is a DINO and calling him liberal is like calling Bush conservative. Leiberman is neither a conservative or a liberal...he's a traitor owned by the Israel lobby and his warped ideology based on biblical bullsh-t.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, we've had this discussion before. If you set aside his views on the war on terror, Lieberman is about as liberal as they come.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

disgusting rhetoric...

take care Joe... we have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage...
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

He also voted against censuring Alberto Gonzalves yesterday.. somethings never change.. he is looking more and more like a one issue guy. Snowe and Collins from Maine voter for, Sununu from NH voted for..
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Lieberman is doing exactly what I would do if I were a Jew he is loyal to his people and his family and the land his forefathers came from, maybe he still has relatives in Israel.

I am not a big fan of Israel and I never could understand why we as Americans were always forbidden to say anything against this tiny place or it's people, in America just a few short years ago saying one word of criticism about the Jewish people or Israel would ruin your life if you were a public figure, I have Jews that have married into my family (against their parents wishes) and many times over wine (Kosher) I have argued about this and I still can't get an answer as to why it is OK to trash a drunken Irishman, an Italian, a Greek, a Swede, or an Eskimo but it is a Mortal Sin to even mention a Jew, but that is another thing.

I admire Lieberman for standing up for his people, they are his family, If Iran is allowed to go about it's business many Jews will die someday.

Liberal Jews in America should take note of this especially in the Entertainment World, if left alone Iran will soon be killing many of their people.
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Sort of like Sharpton, he's standing up for his people.

Can you give some examples of successful public figures who have said bad things about the Irish and Italians, let alone Greeks, Swedes, and Eskimos?

Why don't you admire Sharpton?

Certainly, the situation has to be addressed, but let's hope calmer heads prevail and the world finds more peaceful solutions. As Iraq has showed us, war is not a very good way to solve problems. It should only be a last resort.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Irish Greek Italian
    Hollywood has been doing it for years especially with the Irish and the Mafia.

Sharpton:
    We all know what Sharpton the man is, he is a dishonest lying little Racist Con Man, HE CARES NOT FOR HIS PEOPLE, HE CARES FOR HIMSELF.
    BILL COSBY CARES FOR HIS PEOPLE.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Typical Cambridge Mutt :D :rocker: :bricks: