Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lieberman ----- OUT

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

“I told Senator Reid that I’m strongly inclined — I haven’t totally decided, but I’m strongly inclined — to vote to proceed to the health care debate, even though I don’t support the bill that he’s bringing together because it’s important that we start the debate on health care reform because I want to vote for health care reform this year. But I also told him that if the bill remains what it is now, I will not be able to support a cloture motion before final passage. Therefore I will try to stop the passage of the bill.”

Lieberman, you are a loser.

Okay, enough is enough.

Its time for Harry Ried, and all the democratic leaders to smell the frickin coffee. YOU ARE NOT GETTING 60 VOTES!

who cares, pass the bill anyway.

When the conservatives had power, they passed their precious tax cuts to the wealthy THREE TIMES, and invaded a country!

so, Harry Ried, and the democratic 'leadership' please...PLEASE stop with the BS bi-partisan pandering, or bending over for stupid 'blue dogs' and DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

pass a healthacre bill that covers all americans.

Thank you,

HD
  2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The problem is that the bills on the table won't cover all Americans. None of them will.

Cheers to Lieberman!!!
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

All I can say is, it better be something the majority of Americans will approve of. Otherwise, the democrats will be shooting themselves in the foot.

The biggest risk of NOT getting votes from "across the aisle" is that republicans will use it against their opponents in the next election.

If anyone thinks the political pendulum can't swing back to the right very quickly, then they're either too young to know better or just ignorant.

Think about it....the largest sector of the US population is baby-boomers and retirees (combined). These people will be more easily swayed to flip-flop if costs or taxes get out of control.

"Well, do you feel lucky punk?";)
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Lieberman is basically an extremist neo-con. He's also been one of the most hawkish for attacking various Middle Eastern countries the past several years.

Thank God he didn't get elected VP... however, given how Cheney/Bush were, it's clear that the cards were set up so no matter was elected, Iraq/Iran were happening anyways.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

"Lieberman, a Connecticut independent who caucuses with the Democrats..."

UPDATE:US Sen Lieberman Opposes Passing Health Bill In Current Form - WSJ.com
  6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Joe Lieberman: I'll block vote on Harry Reid's plan

At least Lieberman sees the folly with the public option. Good for him for standing up to Harry Reid.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Harry Reid is basically a neo-liberal-con....waaayyy out of whack with mainstream America.

Isn't a fuggn' riot how people use "neo-con" like it's a bad word? someone calls a politician a "Neo-con", his response should be.....

"Yes....AND?"
  8. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

the public option was to get 60 votes
    the opt-out was to get 60 votes
    giving the republicans 130+ a,mmendments was to get 60 votes....

who cares about 60 votes?

If the republicans and Lieberman want to run on a platform that ststaes "We didn't vote for healthcare" go nuts!

I assume these same idiots would love to run on the "I don't support Medicare" platform as well....

Note to democrats...

Drop the name "Public Option, and call it MEDICARE"

pass this with 51 votes.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's a riot you say this, since you don't have a clue what it means and have never bothered to look up their ideology/doctrine.

That is, unless you're a loon who believes in free use of pre-emptive warfare to maintain global hegemony at all costs, spying on all citizens and removal of certain rights, in addition to multiple domestic economic policies which only help the top 3% who control 80% of the wealth.

Given your posts it seems you're less of a loon and just extremely ignorant: a barometer of the memes the Average Joe has internalized.
  11. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Funny you should write this. I find PR's posts well thought out and informative - just the opposite of yours. Over the past year, I've noticed that a notable amount of your posts are simply obnoxious personal attacks and provide no intellectual stimulus whatsoever. Ironic, huh?
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Good for Lieberman. Although the people like generic "healthcare reform" they don't like the current bills so they shouldn't be bullied through - especially with 51 votes, shame on you for wanting that, HD.

Interestingly, polls do favor a public option of some kind but not with the specific bills which would favor the public option over private system to the point that it's a non level playing field. Instead of bullying this through they need to take the parts the people do want and making something work with those as constraints instead of adding all kinds of crap that is unpopular.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

AND... I, for one, would be happy to remind said smarmy politician of all that the PNAC boys have accomplished this decade.

It is a word that connotates geopolitical criminality, in my view. So, yes, it's bad.

Most corrupt cabal in U.S. history.
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Through the looking glass.
  15. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +293 / 6 / -5

On what planet is passing a bill in the Senate with 51 votes considered "bullying"?
  16. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +293 / 6 / -5

Joe Lieberman, circa 2006:

Interesting, that.
  17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

You know the answer to that, it will be filibustered and it is bullying to use reconciliation on something of this size.

Wait for a week from today when the Republicans win the Governor races in VA and NJ; Dems will be running for the hills to listen to their constituents instead of Harry and Nancy.
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

If the dems wanted to go nuclear they could. They won't though. They want to be reelected in their eventual campaigns, and going nuke will affect that.

Good for Lieberman in the sense that he understands what the basic implementation of the bill in question would mean for people. It's encouraging that someone in DC understands that stuff.
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +293 / 6 / -5

I wouldn't be so sure about New Jersey. VA, yes, but Creigh Deeds is a douche who ran a horrible campaign so I'm not sure I'd hang my hat on that one.

Don't Republicans typically filibuster just about every piece of legislation that comes up for a vote these days?
  20. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +293 / 6 / -5

If you really think that's what Joe Lieberman is basing this calculation on, I have some nice waterfront property to sell you.