Welcome to PatsFans.com

???liberals???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Why is that so many Far Left Liberals DESPISE the American Artist "Norman Rockwell" and the Cartoonist "Al Capp" the creator of "Lil Abner".

Many Looney Media Liberals won't even come to grips with the fact that they even existed.

What goes on in that that little "Biased" loopey liberal mind that make these two people charter members of their "censorship hit list"???
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The same reason they consider it a BAD thing to wave the flag and be proud of this great nation.

They hate the country as it is and as it was founded on. They want to see the country go in more of a direction of say, Finland or Norway. They want to be more like the Euros and less like Americana.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

If they accomplish that, then that will be the time that the "Nation Of Islam" will show them what the real world is like.
  4. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +338 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

The right would like to go in the direction of the ME. They seem to base their models on that of totalitarian theocracies, and wish to ignore the foundations which this country is based upon. Freedom is a gift they beleive only the elite should enjoy.

The Republicans believe that the people work for THEM, not the other way around.
  5. OhExaulted1

Ratings:
    +338 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

Yeah, right. What's the answer Harry? Genocide maybe?
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

No, self defense, you try to kill me I'll kill you first.
  7. OhExaulted1

Ratings:
    +338 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

Big problem with Muslin terrorists up there in Maine, huh. I'd say don't go out alone, but you apparently don't get out much period.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

All the time I thought you were one of these "well educated" liberals, "silly post for a college boy" :rocker:
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -11

Harry, where did you get that from? I didn't even know I was supposed to despise Cartoonist "Al Capp," and I'm a diehard liberal. As far as Norman Rockwell, it's not liberals who dislike him, it's anybody born after 1950, who finds his work sappy. But, older liberals, like my parents, love him, and I went to a retrospective a few years ago (at the "liberal" Guggenheim), and was really impressed with some of his more political posters.

Check out these:
    http://www.guggenheim.org/exhibitions/past_exhibitions/rockwell/problem.html
    http://www.guggenheim.org/exhibitions/past_exhibitions/rockwell/freedom.html
    http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/images/at0071.2s.jpg (rosie the riveter)

What made you post such nonsense as the subject of a thread?
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was a big fan of BC right up 'till Rupert Murdoch stole it from the Boston Globe, where it spent many, many years on the front page of the Sunday edition. What can I say, at the time I was living at home and dad paid for the delivery. He didn't have any respect for any paper that put the Wrestling 'results' in the Sports section. So the Herald, BC's new home, was out.

I did have a brief re-kindling with BC around puberty as a matter of fact; but that was because Blondie shared the Herald's comics page with it. Man that chick's got a smokin' can.

BTW, us Liberals don't uderstand Zippy the Pinhead any better than you folks do.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Why don't they want us to see the Movie, "Song Of The South"?

(now watch the sh!t I get on this one from the politically correct Poo Poo crowd)
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

My favorite Rockwell is "The Runaway". Talk about painting a thousand words!
    http://www.nrm.org/eyeopener/eye_runaway.html
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -11

What does that movie have to do with Al Capp and Norman Rockwell? I've never seen the movie, but I think it's one of those films that makes fun of black people through its animation.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

No, the reason they don't want you to see it is, the story takes place in the days of slavery in the deep south, and some of the slaves are actually "singing" and they are smiling and "dancing" by a campfire, the "Looneys" don't want you to think there might have been any salves that felt happy enough to "sing and dance".