Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberals Love That Racist Crap

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

What would the liberals do without The Race Card they are always on the lookout to see if they can use it, it must make them feel superior in their own little world.

Listen to what this dried up old fool who wears his wifes underwear has to say, one would think this nut would go and hide somewhere nobody pays any attention to him other than state the fact that he is regarded as the worst president this country has ever had.

I liked his brother Billy though.

Sh!t Head Speaks
    Jimmy Carter: Gingrich Has "That Subtlety Of Racism" | RealClearPolitics

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +67 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

Obviously you do.

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

:rofl:
    Until you got to the "worst president" part I assumed you were talking about yourself. :singing:

What would conservatives do without Being Racist? They always use it, it must make them feel superior in their own little world.

not by anybody credible

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only thing liberals love more than racism is the appearance that racism exists and is overwhelmingly prevalent in society. They want everyone to believe that everyone else is racist and the only way to solve racism is to vote democratic.

Of course, when telling us all how racist Americans are, we have to ignore the pesky fact that 6 of the 10 most powerful and influential Americans are black. No I can't remember the magazine which gave us that statistic, but it's pretty easy to believe. They selected the President, the first lady, Oprah, Beyonce, Diddy (I think) and LeBron.

But shut up and vote democratic or you're a racist member of a racist nation.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Yes indeed, and now you will be portrayed as the Racist for daring to "tell it like it is"

If your not a Democrat your a Racist, I was a democrat for many years until I saw and realized the sh!t that the new Far Left Wing Liberals turned the party into.

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +756 / 11 / -7

"The appearance that racism exists?"

Really?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, thanks for setting us straight guys.

7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +756 / 11 / -7

Black Fortune 500 CEO's: Black Entrepreneurs, Black CEO, Black Executive, Black Billionaires, Entrepreneur Profile

Yeah, all the most powerful people in America are Black. Dunno what magazine you read, wolfie, but it evidently made you feel like a majority of the power elite are Black -- assuming "power elite" means basketball players and talk show hosts.

Yeah we elected a Black president. Other than that, I think you're probably better off with a statistical abstract than "can't remember which magazine article."

On the personal level, just the basics of "driving/walking while black" incidents should clue you into the idiocy of the assertion that everything's fine and dandy. Any other stat would be brushed off as "oh well, they're just not as good" by the racists who love to read em and rationalize em.

America's not over race. America's also not all about race. But this conversation is just plain stupid -- you really believe that the American power elite is majority Black?

PFnV

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +565 / 15 / -29

Jimmy Carter walked into an impossible situation and did not do a very good job.

Since he left office he has become an international humanitarian, and on this he will be judged.. from his work for Habitat to his many international peacekeeping efforts... he is a very good man. He walks the walk.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God bless you, Harry Boy. :rocker:

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705 / 7 / -2

Who's that anti-semite calling racist? :rolleyes:

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Now we know what he's doing when he's not sending condolences to North Korea on the death of Kim Jong Il....

"In the message Jimmy Carter extended condolences to Kim Jong Un and the Korean people over the demise of leader Kim Jong Il. He wished Kim Jong Un every success as he assumes his new responsibility of leadership, looking forward to another visit to [North Korea] in the future,"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...esident-carter-sends-condolences-kim-jong-un/

I almost expected it to be The Onion but unfortunately it's true....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +565 / 15 / -29

Here is what Jimmy Carter said, if anyone is interested:

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +565 / 15 / -29

An expresident who has established some type of diplomatic relationship wth a rogue nation, offering condolences is a good thing. There are not too many people who can get into North Korea, and even less who can communicate with their leader.

14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Based upon your comments....

How many African-American CEO's "should" there be?

Is it a percentage of the population?

Let's break that down and analyze it. If African-Americans represent 12% of the population, why don't they occupy 12% of the CEO positions in America?

Break down the demographic facts and see what percent of African-Americans have college degrees. Take that one step further and look at the percent of African-Americans with advanced (Masters) degrees vs. other demographic groups.

Then we could compare that with a comparison to Jewish Americans and ask the question, "Why do Jewish-Americans hold more than their fair share of CEO jobs (or what has caused this over-achievement)?"

One can't make the blanket statement, " "X" race should hold "Y" percent of CEO jobs" because there is no truth in that statement PFiVA.

People should only get to a level their performance, education and experience dictates. We don't "Fast-Track" people for jobs based upon race.

And while we're at it, let's break-down all demographic groups and make sure they hold their fair share of CEO jobs. Let's just make sure EVERYONE has their fair share! :rolleyes: (obligatory emoticon)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +756 / 11 / -7

PR,

Wolfie has asserted that, essentially, libruls are constantly and villainously claiming "racism still exists."

It does.

He cites as further backup of how nefarious it is to acknowledge racism, that some magazine article said 6 of the 10 most powerful/influential Americans are Black.

This is at odds with the 6/500 CEO figure I provided.

You are the one positing that there "should" be X people of Y race. Here, I only corrected Wolfie's bad facts with real ones.

As to the answer to your question, it's more complex than "there's no 'should'" or "there 'should' be X%." I have to get into work, but I'd love to get a little clarity into your head as well on this matter.

I will hazard a guess, however, that were African Americans treated fairly in all ways at all times, the number would be higher than about 1% for about 12% of the population.

They have not been, and are not to this day. That said, we now must disentangle various layers of mistreatment, each of which will push a button with you and occasion a purile response.

The question is, how do you account for this disparity, if racism played no part?

Your chances are 12 times worse than the general population's chances of making CEO -- I thought we had equality of opportunity.

Is it perhaps true that being born with your white skin, and being born male, predicts all sorts of positive outcomes?

I think it is true.

You may now tell me all about how culturally "they" do it to "themselves," a point of view that's very popular among white males. I have no complaint. You'll also say I'm racist and perhaps sexist, for pointing out the actual dynamics of historical and institutional racism and sexism.

Lastly, you may explain all about how if Ursula Burns can be a black, female CEO, all Black women could do the same -- or if six Blacks can head Fortune 500 companies, certainly sixty or seventy could, if they weren't all [insert explanation of worse socioeconomic outcomes here.]

"They" do this, "they" do that, "their" schools don't function because "they" are violent and lazy and blah blah blah.

"They" is part of "we," yet what do we do? Look for ways to explain away disparities -- and insist that attempting to instead address them is "racism."

Yeah PR, outcomes that out of whack are a pretty clear indicator that being born white and male are predictors of better outcomes.

Is that how America should be?

More later.

PFnV

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Maybe you could find and link us to this?

The only magazine I can find with any such "statistic" is USA Today...and most of those people you mention are not on it.

The only one in the Top Ten is Oprah.

Most influential people - USATODAY.com

The only one on Forbes was Obama.

Forbes: 10 Most Powerful People in the World - DailyFinance

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

In other words he's a "slobbering butterfly chasing do-gooder"

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +565 / 15 / -29

Little more than that, but if you have to ask you will never understand.. it is that, "To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected" thing...

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Because he tries to shelter the homeless, feed the hungry and keep the peace?

Ok, sure, right.

In that case, so is Jesus by your reckoning.

20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Actually, let's skip analyzing all the causals and get right to the heart of the matter.

I'm sure we both agree that racism (not 100%) is the major factor in explaining it. I have never denied racism doesn't exist. But we can't overlook the fact that we as a nation have conditioned Americans who live in poverty to remain in poverty. Since African-American over-index regarding their percent who live in poverty, they have paid the greatest price as a result of our ineffective social welfare programs.

We can't just give groups of Americans social programs and expect that to provide incentive to change their circumstances. The days of creating social programs that provide no incentive should be coming to a close. We are entering an age of pragmatism over altruism. At least I hope we are.

So I'll ask you...

What should we (America) do about income/wealth inequality while keeping our federal budget fixed?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012