Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Liberals Going Nowhere With Obama"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Truthdig - Reports - Nader Was Right: Liberals Are Going Nowhere With Obama

I couldn't agree more; where are those liberals who fought so hard for the right to a voice? Was it all about just our voice, or the voice of ALL people no matter what they're voice may say?

There's little in THIS liberal administration that I can relate to; this is neo-lib, extremely left, beyond Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter. Way beyond.

JMHO but liberals need to start taking a long, hard look at what's going on.

Chris Floyd has often been featured in Counterpunch, he's left, and even he understands that Obama's simply a continuation of Bush but on a much larger scale. Floyd's site used to be called "High Crimes and Low Comedy In the BUSH Imperium". Now it's simply called "High Crimes and Low Comedy in the American Imperium". More excellent food for thought: Obama Sends a Signal to the Few Remaining Suckers Who Believe in the Rule of Law

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

You must be the most confused poster in this forum. You realize that Hedges is coming from a perspective way to the left of Obama right?

You consistently post from Democracy Now/Amy Goodman, one of the most progressive radio programs in the country, and then start talking about "big government" and repeating right wing slogans as if the articles you link support your case.

I think you should make a greater effort to actually understand the dissent you cite. Those of us who actually voted for Nader would never accuse Obama of being too left wing, that's laughable to anyone with an understanding of political theory and history.

I'm honestly not trying to be a d!ck, but it's damn near impossible to respond to your posts since they are usually murky, contradictory and have no coherent message.

It makes me cringe when you cite a lot of the very sources I rely on and completely butcher the point being made in the article.

3. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then don't reply to them.:bye2:

4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

As long as you keep butchering the message of articles you cite, I'm gonna point it out.

Sorry that your post made less than zero sense.

5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think You should make a greater effort to stop drawing lines in your partisan sand and start reading with less of a blind eye. There's nothing to twist here, both articles make good points. Meanwhile find something else to bite besides my ankles.

6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What does this mean? Partisan? I voted for Nader in the past 3 elections. You cite an article claiming that Obama has continued Bush's giveaway's to corporations (which I agree with) and then say that he's "too left wing." This just doesn't make any sense, and it's intellectually dishonest since it's not the point the author was trying to make. Both articles do make good points, you are correct there, unfortunately you didn't seem to understand them.

I mean, did you even bother to read the article you posted:

This is in direct opposition to your stated position.

7. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Obama is far too left-wing for me. The overall point of BOTH articles was to point out that liberals need to think about where Obama's headed, in all respects. If you were as devoted a Floyd reader as you claim to be this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

Their overall point, and mine, are the same. And I don't do p* contests.

8. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Otherwise, is it more the Reps who need to re-define themselves or is it the liberals? :cool: