Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberals Are The Same All Over The World

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

Thanks at least for posting the link along with your usual virtiol. A partial quote:

Do you have any stats that refute this? One would think the Mayor has stats that support his quote.

Let me know how the math works out, Harry.

PFnV
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Stats could show that Muslims were less violent on average than non Muslims in New York in 2001 too. In fact I bet that's true. But Muslims did a lot more damage. You know what they say about stats and the Mayor was trying to calm things down. But I'd rather be around non Muslims because the non law abiding Muslims have shown that they're, on average, more violent than non law abiding non muslims.
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

Huhwha?

Did you just embrace publically embrace irrational fear?

PFnV
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Fear is what it's all about when it comes to political power. Fear of losing your money, fear of terrorists or supposedly outright billigerent foreign nations, fear of death, fear for your kids...no politician ever made any money on happiness and confidence of the people.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well I'd prefer to be in a restaurant with a bunch of white muggers than one muslim suicide bomber.
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

I see. You're mainly concerned with East Asian or Black Muslims, but not white Muslims, like the ones who attacked the World Trade Center? Is it Muslims you're afraid of, or Arabs? Do you believe Arabs to be non-white? Or is it only the non-white Muslims you worry about?

Regardless, the big question is:

If the "white" muggers are more likely to kill you, are you still more comfortable with them than the muslim suicide bomber?

What is the math, if you find out that it is the case, that (for instance) a white, Christian man is statistically more dangerous to you than a Muslim man of whatever complexion? Who would you feel more comfortable around?

Interesting question, and I would guess not just for you these days -- for many of us.

PFnV
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Funny you should mention a restaurant considering that you're something like 700,000% more likely to die of a Heart Attack(brought on by fatty restaurant food perhaps?) than from terrorist activity. Its allzabaconburgers that you need to worry about, not aljazeera.
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Weak argument, the white muggers in a public place i.e resturant would only ask for your money,at worst take it. A suicide bomber doesn't care about your money just killing as many people as possible.

1.You live but with less pocket change.

2.You die with your money.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

I mentioned muggers assuming the worst case is they'd beat me up not kill me. The point I was making is the mayor referred to "law abiding" and I was trying to point out that there are different levels of law abiding. If you include speeding as non law abiding then high school kids are less law abiding than violent Muslims but they're also less likely to kill me.

Like it or not, the whole point of terror and blending into society is that many Americans now have an innate fear when we see middle easterners because it's impossible to tell if it's one of the many good ones or one of the few bad ones; but if it's one of the bad ones, it's game over.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

I have no idea what your point is :confused:
  12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The point iswho wouldn't want to be in the resturant with the white muggers v.s. a suicide bomber. The muggers arnr't out to kill you,just take your money.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

OK, I get that. And there are also a lot more muggers than suicide bombers. That's what I'm saying about this stat about muslims being less violent as a percentage than non muslims. OK, but what's the damage inflicted.

It's like a car vs. a plane. I'm more likely to be in a car accident than a plane accident. I'm more likely to be killed in a car than a plane. But a plane still worries me more because if it crashes I'm almost certainly dead.

Maybe it's racist, maybe it's irrational but that's what the few bad muslims have done to people like me.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Belichickfan, If thats how you feel i.e. angxiety and fear from a small percentage of muslims,(something like 2% out of 2 billion follow the violent branch of Wahhabeism) then they"ve won because terrorism IS about creating fear.Irrational fear.I don't know where you live,I live in a rural area of wetern MA.,almost nothing but horse farms. I don't fear terrorism beacause terrorists are after larger targets,with symbolism. But if they REALY wanted to creat fear they would attack where I live, or a small town in the middle of lets say Iowa,or Nebraska that would realy cause fear, no one would feel safe, anywhere.

I hear you about the plane vs the car.Good example
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Nope, I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no fear whatsoever.

I'm just trying to make a point about the statistics that were pointed out in the second post of this thread. The % of law abiding muslims is irrelvant to me if the bad ones kill thousands. If I were in a restaurant, or wherever, I would feel safer next to white people than muslims even if there's a higher % chance the whites will be non law abiding, their crime is unlikely to kill me.

Speaking of which, I wonder what the reaction will be after the next one :

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3336148
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I understand.The dozen or so times i've been aroud a muslim,or muslims for a second or two I've thought could it be?Could it be one of the ones, but I just put it out of my mind I won't let fear control my actions,the chance of me being killed in a car crash,or even sruck by lightning are higher than being killed by a terrorist.Because the terrorists you need to fear assimulate so well they would be hard to recognise as such.It's hard for me to believe that other people, despite what they profess,don't have a moment of doubt in the same situation.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Ted Kaczinski, Eric Rudolph, Tom Metzger, Paul Jennings Hill and Michael Bray sometimes make me feel uncomfortable in large crowds of predominately white males... except at Patriots Games.
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

So are you saying that if you were on a plane, on a subway car,or in a resturant etc.and noticed a muslim ,or group of muslims you wouldn't have a mommentary twinge of concern,or suspicion before you regained a sense of comfort?
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

They're concerned, don't let them fool you.

Where are these "Good Muslims" the England/Scotland thing is three or four days old now, have you seen or heard from the "Good Ones", have they been on CNN/CBS/NBC/ABC have they been on the front page of the NY Times, why isn't Loud Mouth Chris Matthews out looking for one so he can show the country that they aren't all bad, why aren't the "Good Ones" lined up trying to explain that they all aren't Bad, are they afraid they might have their feet amputated by their brothers.

SPEAK UP GOOD ONES SO WE WILL ALL KNOW THERE ARE GOOD ONES SPEAK UP. MOHAMMAD ALI WHERE ARE YOU?
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Not at all, just saying the terrorism is not exclusive to Muslim people, just a reminder.. the problem seems to be extremism either religious or patriotic.
  21. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Worldwide Terrorism is exclusive to Muslims, the White Trash McVeigh and his little gang are home grown Coo-Coo's with their little ax to grind.

The whole world and all the people of the world know who the Terrorists are.
  22. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

O.K, I definately agree with you on that.
  23. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

There's more muslims out to get us and (in this country) less muslims than whites/blacks/etc. Bottom line, any given muslim has a much higher % chance to want to kill you than any other person does.
  24. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Your problem is that you're not afraid enough to be safe. If you would show a bit more paranoia and fear, I think others would be more comfortable with your point of view. Ya see, when scared people are with other scared people, they feel more at ease. When they're areoun people that aren't afraid, it makes them feel wierd and different. What you need is more Kool-Aid.:eat1:
  25. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

AttentioN Good Muslims:

Please come out wherever you are, please send one of your prominent "Good Leaders" to assure us all that you are there and that you don''t like all this killing, bombing, suicide kids and 72 Virgin Crap.

Attention Cute Perky Katie:
    Can't you find one?

Obama, help us, you must know one.

Overheard In Mosque:
    "Pssst, Mohamad, go out and tell them we all aren't bad"
    "Are you nuts, they'll cut my kids heads off"
  26. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

Look, I don't think we need a statistic to understand what some people are saying. Statistics tell us that you're less likely to be in an accident while flying in a plane, than when driving in a car. The question is, would you rather be in an accident while in your car, or while you're in a plane?

I'll take the car thank you.
  27. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

Doh! I guess I should read the whole thread before replying. :D
  28. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

So are you saying that people should have no fear? That there aren't any threats to really worry about? I think we'd all agree that the paranoia is ridiculous, and is a product of polticians and the media who stand to gain the most from pronounced hysteria. However, if you're insinuating that there is nothing to worry about, then I disagree with you. I know you feel that society is no different than 30, 40, or 50 years ago. That crime is no different, etc, etc... I feel otherwise. I don't think it's anywhere near the chaotic, doomsday perception that the MSM and frauds claim, but it sure isn't like the Candyland some claim it to be. The sheer evolution of society and human kind makes it so. The destructive capabilty of a single man in todays world is to be feared, and at best, certainly not ignored.
  29. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Do liberal females walk through Central Park at 3:00 AM alone, if not why?

If you are boarding a Plane and you see a group of middle eastern looking men who are going to board the same plane standing in circle praying to Allah are you politically correct liberals going to tell me you aren't going go be concerned, yup :bricks:
  30. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I think you're missing the point. Where liberals and conservatives disagree is how to deal with problems in our society not in the fact that there are problems. For liberals, defending liberty is paramount, even if it means defending the basic rights of people we don't agree with, but liberals believe you can fight crime and stop terrorism without surrendering one's liberties.