Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Wacko Pelosi " Moses was an Illegal Alien too"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +224 / 9 / -25

I think you're a little confused as to who is missing the point.

As I've mentioned a million times to this point....I am not a Bible fundamentalist.

I guess if you want to interpret the scriptures the way you want that's fine by me. Many fundamentalists feel exactly the same way you do. :)

BTW, I've never suggested that we treat these children "poorly". I've made it clear that we should meet all of their basic humanitarian needs. But we are under no obligation to bring them into this country. That is why I think they should be sent back to their countries of origin swiftly and safely, not only for their own safety, but for those who are given false hope to try and make the same dangerous journey.

Then, if they'd like to get into line to immigrate here legally.....I'd greet them enthusiastically.

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 11 / -7

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Pelosi may be VP if the right gets its wish and impeaches Obama..

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

She is not speaker anymore ............

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Why are people even debating this? I think it's very clear that we not only need to stop the flow of illegal aliens, we also need to reduce the number of illegal aliens already in our country.

I don't know how anyone could believe any differently. Unless you're ok with a further decline of American society and a future of increasing population that is dependent upon gov't assistance.

Which is totally insane....and just plain wrong.

Do some people even "CONSIDER" the financial ramifications of their viewpoint or is it just irrelevant to them? If we want to help our country and have a future, increase the number of good immigrants. You know, those that can add value and support themselves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +735 / 11 / -7

Yes, PR, because immigration has never been a source of renewed vitality in American history.

I get that the politics are nativist in many quarters right now. I know the theater in which all politicians are compelled to engage.

As to the right and the wrong of it? You don't get squat for where you came down the chute, if you ask me. All I see on this issue is an (inappropriate and self-defeating) scarcity-based mindset, coupled with the entitled attitude of folks who are afraid that they won't make the grade.

Simultaneously the same voices call for maintaining a minimum wage that one can't live on, or to eliminate the minimum wage entirely, because they don't give a crap how the poor live here.

One more time for the remedial class: The softest aspect of the economy continues to be broad-based demand. Demand is stimulated by more equal distribution of wealth and income.

We've tweaked it in the last 30 or 40 years to make the wealthy wealthier, full stop.

I often see here some idiotic libertarian revisionist concept that says, in essence, that progressive taxation is social engineering. The difficulty is that since the time of the Founding Fathers, some level of progressive taxation has been assumed to be a goal, precisely because a nation of paupers supporting a ruling class is simply an oligarchy.

An oligarchy is simply at odds with the democratic project the founding fathers intended. It also happens to be at odds with national survival and prosperity.

PFnV

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

why is Pelosi even relevant anymore ... she's ready for the farm ... time to go Nancy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Can you be more specific on the above? We have a scarcity-based mindset because everythng is more scarce....especially revenue for our government to spend. We need to spend that money on US, not illegals.

And stop comparing LEGAL immigrants to ILLEGAL ALIENS. You're smarter than that. Yes, our country has been built upon immigrant that came here via a legal process. But you need to stop debating from a perspective that ILLEGAL immigrants are the same as legal immigrants....they are not.

People aren't supposed to be able to live on minimum wage PFiVA! That's always been the case. Do you want part-time and low-level employers to compensate for the decline in good paying middle class jobs? You want McDonalds employees to be solid middle class workers despite the fact they have no skills?

Hey, everyone that works full-time should be able to afford rent, a car, cable, internet, food...heck, maybe even a vacation? Sure, and we can further subsidize them up to solid midde class standards! Maybe even pass a law that says "anyone that works full-time should be middle class! :rolleyes:

We have proven that handing money to our poor never changes the number of poor we have. Besides, those that aren't motivated to improve their lives and work hard deserve what they get, don't they?

Or should we provide life-coaches...kinda like a guidance councelor for our poor?

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

You are so funny, PR, with your "good" this and your "bad," that...as if people were ripe or unripe bananas in the produce section.

How do you know who is going to "add value," and "support themselves?" And why stop at immigrants? Why not means test all American babies at birth and banish those who may not measure up at some later date? Or get rid of anyone who doesn't get at least a C average in grammar school?

What immigrant "adds value," according to your gospel, PR? The one with the college education already under his/her belt? Cool...he/she can take the job right out from underneath the recent American graduate....no doubt the immigrant will be willing to work for less money thus he'll make the better hire. The one who already speaks English? Sure..why not? Of course, many of us wouldn't be here today if that were the qualifying immigration goalpost since our parents or grandparents didn't speak the language when they came here.

Tell me, PR. I want to know. What's a "good" immigrant? How do you decide who's going to "add value" and who isn't?

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I am so funny....I know! But you're pretty funny too MrsP!!

You're very bright....I'll let you figure it out for yourself MrsP.

Do you believe we should let anyone who pleases walk across our border? I bet you do!

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Hard thing to take but we are getting desperate, the Poster Boy Clown President we now have is putting the whole country in danger, it's worth the try.

12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +735 / 11 / -7

Nah, I'm the immigration extremist in this house. Mrs. P also buys the "common sense fear" theory that we see here, putting all sorts of emphasis on how important it is to have a line of some length or another.

I'm all like "make sure they're not violent criminals then give 'em an oath to take." Make 'em legal and you can track 'em. If you can track 'em you can tax 'em like everybody else.

The other option, of course, is to continue to try to live on the credit card until the bottom falls out.

The difference between us, PR, is that we both see the financial outcomes down the road. I say you have to solve it, using one or the other of these various tools.

You say "No, stick to radical and unworkable PRINCIPLES" way more often. Idealism is the enemy of sound economic policy. One way this manifests is that you see scarcity as the reality of the richest nation in the world, based on out-year obligations.

I see this as a nation of plenty that got that way by knowing that growing the pie is more important than protecting our little piece.

So you want to collect your social security? You want Medicare to be there for you?

Who's coming into the system right now to bridge the gap before millennials replace Boomers in places of prominence? Hell, where are the jobs for the millennials? Where is the demand that can fuel those jobs? Where is the tax-base to provide the infrastucture for this economy to hum along until then?

My bigger concern is the impact of increasing automation, not an increase in immigration. But you can't (and shouldn't) fight the former, so you blame the latter.

PFnV

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I am presuming when you say "we not only need to stop the flow of illegal aliens, we also need to reduce the number of illegal aliens already in our country"...and then go on to instruct us that, "we need to increase the number of good immigrants" that your later statement refers only to our future legal immigrants.

And do you really think that the only way people get in this country and stay in this country illegally is by walking across a border?

Really?

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Compare the numbers MrsP.....number walking across our border to the numbers that over-stay their visa's, etc.

Let's deal with the worst problem before we deal with people over-staying their work visa....

Or we can just agree that we have WAY too many immigrants coming from Central America?

15. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +359 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

The GOP wont impeach Owebama unless something catastrophic happens like 911 traced back to the terrorist entering the country via the revolving door border.

Leaving him in office is destroying the Dem party. 2014 elections wont amount to jack squat even if the GOP wins both houses because Owebama will veto anything that crosses his desk and still use Executive Orders to do what he wants.

16. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +359 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

Like I said.

Pelosi went Moses all on her own. Out of her mouth derived in her addled brain.

17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Current statistics do not support the they are fleeing increased violence except for Honduras.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  19. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

When I call a business and have to listen to the Spanish version - do I also hear the Italian or the Irish ? That is the difference. When others immigrated (legally or illegally) we had less welfare and forced assimilation (forced in the sense that you couldn't survice without learning the language). Now we can't even agree that English should be the official language.

Just wait until obama makes them legal by Executive Order, all hell had better break loose. Uneducated peasant immigrants do NOT bring more to the country than they take. Of couse some will but on average they will cost us far more. In money and in crime.

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

All this foolish dreamer shit makes the liberal loons feel good and they also know it aggravates the Conservatives, busting Neo Con Balls is very important to the moonbat community.
    God Willing