Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Wacko Pelosi " Moses was an Illegal Alien too"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Jul 26, 2014.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

1. Goshen was a specific place in Egypt where slaves were meant to stay - Moses came out of Goshen.

2. More importantly, RIP,you are either ignorant of the bible, or just don't believe in its core messages. The Israelites came to Egypt -- immigrated -- when Joseph made good.

The next pharaoh "who knew not Joseph" hated the Israelites. What if they were to make common cause with our enemies? Let us deal wisely with them, and make them slaves.

So you have pro-immigrant pharaoh, and anti-immigrant pharaoh. Guess who the bad guy is.

PFnV

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Pretty interesting take on slavery, RI. Please, explain how (or why) an entire specific group of people who "have a right to be there," are "not refugees," and are not "illegal illegals," are ordered to be drowned at birith?

3. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +206 / 9 / -26

Goshen was in Egypt so Moses was born in Egypt. The Israelites immigrated to Egypt...legally.

"Moses was born at Goshen, In Egypt, B.C. 1571. The story of his birth is thoroughly Egyptian in its scene"

http://biblehub.com/topical/m/moses.htm

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +206 / 9 / -26

I think I was pretty clear on the definition of "refugees" which I obtained from UNrefugees.

"A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence."

http://www.unrefugees.org/site/c.lfIQKSOwFqG/b.4950731/k.A894/What_is_a_refugee.htm

Moses was not forced to flee his own country. Moses was an internally displaced person.

"An internally displaced person (IDP) is a person who has been forced to flee his or her home for the same reason as a refugee, but remains in his or her own country and has not crossed an international border."

http://www.unrefugees.org/site/c.lfIQKSOwFqG/b.4950731/k.A894/What_is_a_refugee.htm

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/transcript-pelosi-press-conference-today-jumpstart/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Then I'm not sure what point your making. It has nothing to do with Pelosi's comment or Mrs. P's comment about refugees. Were you just showing off? At any rate, a kid who is forced out of his or her home into another country is obviously a refugee. You might want to split hairs on this issue to reject a young Moses or Christ, and that's certainly you're right, but a refugee is someone who is forced to flee his home, and kids really don't have much choice in those sorts of situations.

7. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +206 / 9 / -26

I'm pretty sure that neither Jesus nor Moses would come here illegally. Im also pretty sure that none of these kids are coming to the US because an angel told them to come here. The only reason they're coming here is because Obama gave smugglers all the ammunition they needed by not deporting minors who are here illegally.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Dear Mrs Pelosi,
    Who gives a shit about Moses, go lubricate your false teeth.
    Regards
    Harry

PS---I know you read Pats Fan

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +132 / 13 / -10

I'm waiting for hordes of Lefties to tell her to 'STFU, we don't run the govt according to religion'.

Just you watch, it'll happen...any minute now...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Once again: Pro-immigrant pharaoh and anti-immigrant pharaoh.

Can you identify the villain in the story, RIP? Or isn't that taught outside of Judaism?

This exchange is funny, but only to the extent that it's not tragic.

PFnV

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

F-ck Moses

12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

]

Why did you say that, Harry? Just asking.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Because he's just smart enough not to say, F-ck. Jesu...."

14. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +206 / 9 / -26

The only thing that is funny and tragic is your attempt to compare your Progressive "bring new Democrats into the country illegally for free goodies" agenda and the Immigration policies of Egyptian pharoahs.

BTW, Im not sure where you see that pharoah even mentioned anything about immigrants coming into his country. He was clearly worried about the Israelites who were already in his country. The Israelites who were there were clearly at least second generation.

"These are the names of the sons of Israel who went to Egypt with Jacob, each with his family: 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah; 3 Issachar, Zebulun and Benjamin; 4 Dan and Naphtali; Gad and Asher. 5 The descendants of Jacob numbered seventy[a] in all; Joseph was already in Egypt.
    6 Now Joseph and all his brothers and all that generation died, 7 but the Israelites were exceedingly fruitful; they multiplied greatly, increased in numbers and became so numerous that the land was filled with them.
    8 Then a new king, to whom Joseph meant nothing, came to power in Egypt. 9 “Look,” he said to his people, “the Israelites have become far too numerous for us."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 1:1-9&version=NIV

So clearly pharoah wasn't worried about them "coming across the border". He was worried about them being born in Egypt so that's why he decided to kill babies rather than shut down his borders.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Telling Nancy I don't care if Moses was an illegal alien, that was then this is now, how the hell would Nancy Pelosi know anything about Moses, I don't, I saw a movie once with him in it he turned a stick into a snake.

16. Boogs

Boogs Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -4

Moses never made it to Israel. So he wouldn't have been considered an illegal alien.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I can't talk about that horrible woman anymore I start coughing, she has started walking funny?

18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

His time in Midian is previously discussed, Boogs. Also, on what's now Jordan's East bank, before they crossed over to Canaan.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Snicker, RIP. I read the book.

You're persisting in badly, badly missing the point. Of course, if you were familiar with the Bible, you'd know it has several passages urging good treatment of immigrants/minority groups. It's something of a theme, if you will. And every time it urges good treatment for immigrants/minorities, it adds "for you were a stranger in the Land of Egypt."

I guess they only considered themselves strangers because they didn't have a football bulletin board to declare them Egyptians.

PFnV

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Liberals don't like what was written on that rock Moses had when he came down from the mountain, they don't want anybody else reading it either, all those commandments can mess up a lifestyle good.

THOU SHALT NOT