Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Wacko Pelosi " Moses was an Illegal Alien too"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

2. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Imagine what Hamas would do to her....

She's one of those billionaires liberals hate, she should be bringing a bunch of those Obama Dreamers home to live with her, friggin old bag.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

[​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Actually that was Pelosi quoting a speaker at The Catholic Bishops Conference quoting the Pope.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/storico/2014/02/13/pope_francis_meets_with_argentinian_exiles/en1-772921

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/administration-official-illegal-aliens-jesus-was-refugee

http://www.christianpost.com/news/n...ren-should-be-treated-like-baby-jesus-123768/

Soooo.. now that that's settled, I fully expect to see cut&pastes of Pope Francis holding a little sign calling himself Batshitcrazy and memes mocking the Council of Catholic Bishops mocking Moses in the background and I anxiously await the onrush of everyone here calling them names and heaping scorn upon them and their beliefs.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

The right is so manipulative. This thread underscores the danger of relying too much on very partisan sites, without backup from less partisan sites. The righties really need to learn to think for themselves rather than rely so heavily on sites like Breitbart and people like Limbaugh.

After reading what was Triumph posted, I did the same as you, I'm guessing, and searched for more infoup on the reference to the National Conf. of Bishops. Breitbart, of course, did not provide a link, which is just another example of their dishonesty, but through Google found info that put Pelosi's comment in perspective, as you did. Liberal sites like ThinkProgress and RawStory almost always provide links to their source material, which I think is just more professional.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

HA HA

Hilarious indeed.

[​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

The Moses comment was all Pelosi so you cannot spin that one though try as you may.

I suppose if Owebama quotes Louis Farrakhan is OK by your standards.
  9. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

Where did the church mention anything about Moses?
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I don't know how well you know the bible, Triumph...but if you've failed to note the correlations between the Moses story and the Jesus story - well, I suggest you read them both again...paying particular attention to their refugee status.

MOSES
    As a small child, his life was in danger, when the reigning king, the Pharaoh had given orders, to throw all newborn boys in the Nile. (Exodus 1:22).

JESUS
    When Herod saw that He was deceived by the Magi, he kindled fierce wrath and sent orders to Bethlehem and the whole area that all the boys two years old and under were to be killed. (Matt. 2:16)

MOSES spent his early years in Egypt - a county not his own.

Same goes for JESUS: Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and stay there until I tell you, for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.” He arose and took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt, (Matthew 2:13-14).

So was fulfilled what the prophet had said: Out of Egypt have I called my son. (Hosea 11:1).

The rest of the similarities are well worth a look through. Kinda, sorta borders on plagerism.

http://www.discoveringjesuschrist.com/similaritiesbetweenjesusandmoses.html
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Triumph, the first problem is that you are relying on the headline, i.e., Breitbart's slant of what Pelosi said. Think for yourself and quote Pelosi, not Breitbart, if you want to make a valid point.

The second point is that Pelosi referenced Moses, the Pope referenced Jesus, the underlying point being about how her faith informs her politics. Even many conservative Christians support immigration reform and compassion for the refugees, inspired I'm sure by the Bible.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...evangelicals-can-do-anything-about-it/277897/
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

There are many, many things that you will see on Breitbart and Limbaugh and not on The Left Wing Media and there is a reason for that, The Left Wing Media doesn't want to talk about it and they would rather you didn't know about it.
    The Left Wing Liberal Media doesn't control things anymore, they have competition now the people can just change the channel and hear everything that The NY Times and NBC doesn't want us to hear.
    God Is Truly Great
    Pelosi is a nothing but a batty old liberal politician hack, if one of those illegal alien dreamers showed up at her back door looking for something to eat she'd have them arrested (unless the press was there then she'd give them a turkey dinner for the camera's)
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I presume, since she specifically referenced "if it's your tradition," when she made the comment about Moses, she was giving Jews something to compare today's refugees to. Christians get Jesus. Jews get Moses. Same moral to the story - different religions.

14. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

What???? :eek:

What faith would that be exactly because it certainly isn't the Catholic faith?
  15. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

Um....wasn't Moses born in Egypt?
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I think you're confused because of Breitbart's headline with the phrase "illegal alien," something Pelosi didn't call him. Moses was not an illegal alien, but he was a refugee as are the kids at the border.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Second generation of a refugee family. Egypt, unlike America, did not grant citizenship to those born in the country regardless of parental status or legality. He was the child of a Hebrew captive, therefore, an alien in a country that was not considered his own.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Look this one up.
    Abraham Lincoln Leroy George Washington Moses Jones.

Hint, he was born in Bath New Hampshire.
  19. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

Actually I'm not confused at all.

Moses was still born in Egypt and the Israelites were not "illegals"....they had a right to be there. Moses was also not a "refugee".

"A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence."

http://www.unrefugees.org/site/c.lfIQKSOwFqG/b.4950731/k.A894/What_is_a_refugee.htm

When Moses "fled" as a baby it was not to another country. He was very much in Egypt when he was found as a baby. So Moses was not a refugee or an illegal illegal.

BTW, these kids are not refugees. They are not leaving because they are "forced" to leave. They are leaving because they want a better life in the USA. So just like Moses being an illegal immigrant and refugee...these kids being "refugees" is another Progressive faith lie.
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

It should be noted for the biblical scholars among us that the Jesus infancy narrative was purposefully told in a form that would mimic the Moses infancy narrative. Of course there were parallels - early Christians thought they were celebrating a Jewish messiah.

And by the same token, there are those who are not literalists, who believe Moses was an Egyptian from the royal family, who just thought the way the Israelites were being treated sucked asp, as they say in Egypt. By their reckoning, Moses would not be an Israelite at all.

But all scholarship aside, as told, both were at one point immigrants, to go by the Torah and the greek bible.

PFnV