Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Propaganda Film Bombs At Box Office

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Nov 11, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee, what a shame... :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.c...mbs-flock-to-films-with-jerry-denzel-russell/

I heard Tom Cruise did Lions For Lambs for "virtually nothing" to help kick-start his revival of United Artists. Without that, the R-rated movie starring Cruise, Meryl Streep and Robert Redford, who also directed, never would have gotten off the ground. Maybe that would have been kinder. Because even with a very moderate budget of $35 million, the political polemic was killed by moviegoers and reviewers alike this weekend, opening to a paltry $6.5 million from 2,215 theaters with an anemic per screen average as well. The pic even fell far short of the studio's rock-bottom expectations of $8 million.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

F-ck these Hollywood jerks.
    :bricks:
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, ol' Tom Terrific ain't so at the moment. This is what happens when you berate a woman who recently gave birth for taking the advice of an actual licensed Physician instead of, well Cruise himself I guess. or is that Dr. Cruise?

Oh and its never a good idea to yell at Oprah. Way too much power there, really. Its really not too much different from an opposing QB with a crappy offensive line saying something nasty about BB's mom. BB wouldn't even have to give any orders in that case. The QB's blood would flow without a peep from him. Which is more dangerous? 53 highly-tuned athletes or 80 million housewives?
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

If Tom Cruise & Whoopi Goldberg were running for the presidency as President and Vice President there are "Millions" of dip sh!t Left Wing Loons in this country that would vote for them.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO AMERICA :confused:
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Tom Cruise is being crucified.

It's all planned.
  6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Isn't Daniel Snyder a partner with Cruise?

I'm going to see it... I like Redford.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

It was projected to earn 10M, so it missed its mark significantly.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

has anyone seen michael clayton yet? opinions...

no, not the WR...
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Yeah, Tom Cruise is why the movie bombed. People hate him you know. Afterall, MI3 did a paltry $47 million in it's opening weekend. If that doesn't prove that people won't go see his movies, I don't know what would. War of the Worlds was another disaster. That only did $77 million in it's opening weekend. :rolleyes:

These movies bomb because people don't want anything to do with Hollywood's political diarea when they go to the theater after a long week of work. They go to the movies to be entertained, and not to be propagandized by a bunch of silver spoon millionaire's who have no idea what it's like to actually work for a living, or even what it takes to raise your own kids without the help of 6 nanny's. I for one am ecstatic that all of these movies were both made, and bombed. Why? Cuz it should teach these idiots a lesson to STFU, entertain, and do activism on your own time. These clowns are all free to support whatever candidate, person, or cause they want. I think people prefer they keep it out of the theater.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

I tried to get my gf to see it, but she wasn't all that interested. I want to see it, but I'll have to wait till it's on DVD, PPV, or HBO.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

I don't go to the movies, get blockbuster delivered to my mail, cheaper, nicer bathrooms and the snacks are a lot less expensive.
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well at least, unlike you, I won't make the exact same post 3 times per week for the next 18 months.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This just in....
    IT'S A MOVIE!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, maybe a little exaggeration - but only a very little. You know I am right but it would obviously kill you to admit it.

Oh, and you also know how big of a coward you are by your refusal to answer one itty-bitty little opinion question of mine. How hypocritical of you to accuse others of the same.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No sh*t sherlock, but stop playing stupid... Weren't you amongst those who gloated at the success of Farenheit 9/11..? Perhaps not you if my memory fails, but that subject certainly was brought up here.

But today we can clearly see the American public has no taste for liberal propaganda, and it irritates many in this forum to hear this. "Rendition" was an abysmal failure and Lions for Lambs did horrendously as well - despite the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw so many commercials for one single movie.
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

You obviously do not pay much attention to TV then, many movies are promoted more than this one, perhaps your view of how the world works may influence what you see. IMO the whole country is sick of propaganda and stretching the truth, see Bush and wmd's...
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

No ONE human being has ever driven the liberals more insane and brought out the hate and vileness of true hard core liberalism than George W Bush.
    They can not and never will accept the fact that this mumbling stuttering bow legged little ex drunk, took the White House away from them, not once but twice, the man they love to call a "moron" beat them, twice.

I'ts not The War those wife swapping scumsucking bastards in Hollywood are upset over it's The Man Himself, they HATE him, they had their big democrat party's they poured millions of dollars into the Gore/Kerry funds to get their two Liberal Jerks elected, Bush just grinned and then moved into the White House, their Hollywood Ego's had been destroyed and their money wasted, Barbara Striesand went into hysterics, "how dare this moron defy the Hollywood Wife Swappers" Bush grinned and mumbled and said under his breath "f-ck you".

It's not the war they hate, it's the man they hate.

"Crater Face Redford" can shove his "Hate Movie" up his old Hollywood a$s, he lives up in the Rockie Mt's he should now go back up there with the rabbits & the bob cats and make believe he is Jerimiah Johnson nobody gives a sh!t what he thinks or says, ne's nothing but an actor and we all know what those bastards are when they aren't acting.

America Has A War To Fight The Enemy Is Watching And Waiting The Wife Swappers In Hollywood Are Helping That Enemy And When The Time Is Right When We Are All Squabbling Among Ourselves The Muslims Will Strike, Blood Guts And Brains Will Be Blown All Over The Streets Of America.
    :bricks:
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What a sad little boy you are, Jedi master-baiter.
    You respond to an innocuous post like mine like that?:rofl:

When did I post anything about Farenheit 9/11? Even if I said I liked it, so what? Even if I said I thought everything in it were true, so what? That movie came out years ago...before I was even posting here, I think. Get out of your mom's basement and get with the program. And what's the connection between the two? One's a documentary about actual events...the other's a WORK OF FICTION. I happen to agree about the media's inability to tell the truth, but you have such a hard-on for the neocon traitors in this country that you aren't able to think clearly.

And once again, you get it wrong and spend way too much energy on something that doesn't matter. Just like I did responding to you. Move on to your next paranoid dillusion about the world.
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am 100% right when I say you are too cowardly to answer my very simple opinion question.
    Whoops..!! Looks like you got caught lying yet again...

"I dont know if it was treason or not" - Nem, 7/13/06
    "I don't know if she is guilty of treason, or not." - Nem 7/17/06
    "In plain as day English...'I don't know.'" - Nem, 7/17/06
    "And, I have , many times, answered (QuiGon), saying 'I dont know' because I really dont know what she was saying to the North Viet Names, or noit saying." - Nem, 7/20/06
    "I said I dont know" - Nem, 7/20/06
    "I dont know. Apparently our government did NOT call it treason." - Nem 7/20/06
    "I dont know" is an honest answer" - Nem, 7/23/06

Saying "I don't know" time and again doesn't constitute having answered the question. Another Nem lie..!! And as we can see, your cowardice extends beyond the 9 months you guessed it was. Ain't archives a b*tch..?
    No no... that's why you do - and on such a consistent basis that it actually got you banned from here for a while.

The guy who has an opinion on everything just can't find the courage to give an opinion on this one issue.

"Cowards die many times before their death"....Shakespeare
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow... looks like I hit a nerve... don't cry now or your mommy won't let you use her computer anymore... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: