Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Media Predictably Silent Re: Sear's Tower Plot

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 28, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

The silence is maddening...barley a pin drop...what are they afraid of?

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_237162940.html
    Read this blowhard...sounds like the liberals over here :rofl:
    Perhaps he should have waited for a year or two before talking crap.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20060901facomment85501-p0/john-mueller/is-there-still-a-terrorist-threat.html

Say what you will about Bush and his many mistakes. But 1 mistake he has not made is ignoring radical Islam and the extremist Muslim's that practice it....Clinton scoffed at these reports if I remember correctly.

Bush will never get credit for making terrorism a world-wide issue. If he has done nothing else, this fact alone will be his remembrance...a remembrance that will save thousands and thousands of lives over time.

So scoff at his mistakes, his cabinet, rumsfeld..all the rest. Much of it deserves criticism...but the WOT that should be called Alertness-On-Terror will never go away thanks to Bush...even liberals should be thankfull for this if nothing else.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

He helped make radical Islamism the force it is today. It was a problem before Bush, but he helped unite terrorist factions, develop their skills, give them a raison d'etre, and get them even more pi$$ed at us. He'll be remember for making terrorists into the force it has become. Let's remember, the terrorists decided to launch their big attack after Bush came into office. They did it for a reason.

See previous answer. Bush's approach is costing thousands of lives in Iraq, Afghanistan, England, New York, Spain, and elsewhere. I think historians would scoff at your interpretation.

If Bush had not attacked Iraq and had relied more on intelligence and a very focused campaign against Al Qaeda, we would be far better off. The mess Bush created will take a long time to undo.

As far as the Sears tower story goes, I don't know why it's not getting more play. I read both liberal and conservative news sites, and haven't seen anything about it. Perhaps it hasn't been fully vetted or perhaps the media has already been embarrassed by the administration for reporting so-called terrorist threats.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

IMO there has been so many reported plots, and so little substantiation of these plots by the administration that we are somewhat desensitized. I think about the Albany Mosque Soccer Playing thing, never heard anything more about it. There is no attempt to minimize any threat, there just does not seem to be any substantiation of the charges... a lot of the seem to be malcontents that are in the planning stages. I do not know when the response should take place, at its initial phases or when it is actually planned. There has been lots of rhetoric, but very little documentation of fact.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I doubt liberals will care about anything Bush has done. I think the country would have been more alert about terrorism after WTC no matter who was president. We certainly weren't more aware of it prior to WTC thanks to Bush or any of his predecessors. When you think about it, Bush has little to hang his hat on as far as doing the right things for his country over an 8-year term. What a waste.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

If the "Smelly Bastards" succeed in bringing down the "Sears Tower" Auntie Pelosi will be up at dawn Shreiking that "Bush Should Have Stopped It"

GET BUSH--GET BUSH--GET BUSH.

Bring a Middle East donkey sh!t shoveler home to dinner.
    :bricks:

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

F.B.N is right on the money. Bush is a lamer on lots of issues, but when it comes to terrorism, the fugger is dead on. I'm not sure many of you understand the ferocity of the radicals. I think you fellers need to watch the Nick Berg video and see for yourselves how anamalistic these loosers are. Poor Nick Berg was you NEM, he was Wistah, Harry Boy, PAtters, etc... Watch that video and then try to tell me that radicals can be dealt with in a civil fashion. There is no leaving them alone, there is no negotiating. Like the line in the movie The Siege "in this fight only the most committed wins". It's so true.

God Bless George Bush's fight against terrorism!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

George Bush needs all the blessing he can get, to help atone for all of the lies and half truths he has perpetuated to accomplish the war in Iraq along with all of the lies he has wasted there...comparing the war in Iraq to combatting terrorism is very poor.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

I feel sorry for all those people who have to go to work everyday in the Sears Tower, especialally knowing that Bush & The Patriot Act are trying to protect them and the lousy sore losing Democrats are doing their best to DESTROY Bush and The Patriot Act.

There must be "Bush Haters" working in the tower, I wonder what goes through their minds when they look out the window.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

With 2500 dead soldiers and counting there's no way to say that Bush's approach to terrorism is working. When we stop losing soldiers, then a case can be made that his approach has succeeded. But, the fact is, we have motivated and mobilized terrorists like never before. While their main effort is obviously focused on killing American troops in their backyard, recent reports shows they are trying very hard to attack us elsewhere.

From their perspective, the radicals are using the same sort of tactics we are: killing civilians, destroying property, creating fear and chaos in the Middle East and elsewhere. At the same time, we are giving the radicals the proof they needed to show that we are a threat. Anyone in Iraq who loses a family member as a result of Bush's invasion probably has at least a little sympathy for the terrorists.

Now as far as the irrationality of the terrorists, we had made progress from Carter to Clinton, including Reagan and Bush I. We turned Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and, up until our invasion of Iraq, Iran into reasonably moderate nations. We could have done the same in Iraq by continuing with our carrot and stick approach. It's too late for that now. But, if we pulled out of Iraq, we would no longer be the principle enemy.

The world is far more dangerous because we took out Saddam and created a vacuum that's being filled by terrorists. The world is far more dangerous because the Iranian extremists were able to use fear to get into power, and are now aiding groups like Hezbelloh. The world is far more dangerous because we do not have a broad coalition and the extremists have support even in parts of the west.

The notion that war can defeat terrorism is absurd as believing war can defeat murderers. Terrorists need to be hunted down and stopped, but by killing innocents we are making the terrorists stronger. Again, as long as we keep losing Americans in the war on terror, we are not safer in any meaningful sense.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

No Attacks In America In Five Years

The previous administration (1992-2000) never should have allowed Arabs to learn how to fly planes but NOT land them, Bush would never allow it.

Profile (Protect the Sears Towers).

Clinton And Gore building a "Bomb Shelter" > :bricks: :bricks:

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

3,000 dead American from WTC
    2,500 dead American from war on Iraq

Don't they count?

Bush had 8 months to rectify the situation. Why didn't he use the intelligence that the Clinton administration had to protect us? Why did he fly 20 bin Ladens out of the U.S. right after 9/11, when not even Americans were allowed to fly?

Quit making apologies for that loser president of ours.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

War Is Hell

Whoever or whatever created us created us to KILL each other.

Whoever or whatever created us created us to EAT each other.

"I'll kill you"
    "If you do I'll Kill you" :singing:

This Means War

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What do you know about war? If you're talking about modern war, there's no comparison to John Wayne movies. Those are fake.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Not working? No attacks in 5 years. Also, better they attack our soldiers than our civilians. We are succeeding.

Motivated like never before? More like we are motivated like never before. This is a war pal.

HAHAHAHA! I can't even respond to that....HAHAHAHAHA!

LEt them come out, thats what we want. We want to fight them. Kill as many evil terrorists as we can. The more they destroy human lives, the more they offer death and oppression to our hospitals and schools the better it is for us. This is a war people. It's not going away until we win it.

You're a defeatist. You truly can't grasp the magnitude of what is at hand. This is a war man, americans are going to die. It's the sad reality of the situation. Americans died in Iran, in Beruit, in Africa, on the hijacked TWA flight, Achili Luoro, WTC bombings, etc...We've been loosing Americans for decades without any retribution. Wake up man.

15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

From a global band of terrorist organizations, most rebels and very loosely associated with global nations, and their advanced weapons, delivery systems and hardware are 96%? unattainable...Thats why they resort to robbing banks, selling drugs, and kidnapping and ransom...And resort to carbombs and sniper kills,,,,The real wealthy terrorist like the al qeada gang may someday buy nukes fited to dirty bombs, and maybe an actual device capable of a nuclear reaction. Again Bin laden-Iman Al Zarawi and Al Qaeda. in pakistan, and their pos minions globaly...

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

Surrender, bring the troops home, tell the Muslims we're sorry, pull security out of the airports, after we tell them how sorry we are then tell them we love them, invite them to live with us, have Sissy Carter build them some free houses, while we're in this wonderful liberal democrat mood we also could turn all our guns in to the local police station, now, pack up the kids and go to Disneyland.

Then Watch What Happens
    :bricks:

17. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why don't you state your strategy in the 911 bin laden and the GWOT.
    Explain how you like what bush is doing and what you harryboy would liek to do and achieve in the gwot, and how you go about...

Big Block Opinions is ok, opinion blended with strategy is more logical, tells us what you want and how you plan to achieve it.

Harryboy will you post it in the 911 thread, C'mon, You have proven to me before your a stand up MAN, let's interact on the gwot strategy?

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

It's not a football game, Real_World. There is no winner, and you seem to be unable to grasp the loss of life that our approach is causing. So far, upwards of 100,000 people have died in the war on terrorism. Most of them have been killed as a result of our efforts. We created the anarchy that is taking root in Iraq that has led to conditions that are arguably worse than they were under Saddam, plus there's no end in sight. We have made the situation far worse.

It's true there have always been terrorists, but how can think that all the killing and destruction we are responsible for is going to root out terrorism? We are providing them with an even better recruiting tool than the existence of Israel, and I'm sure many of those Iraqis who lost loved ones in the war on Iraq are distraught enough to follow the lead of "saviors" like bin Laden.

The kind of terrorism we had prior to 9/11 had to be stopped, too, but those attacks took far fewer lives than the war. I'd rather use diplomacy to improve the situation and risk 100 soldiers every few years, then use war, which is costing the lives of thousands of soldiers. I guarantee that even after this war ends, there will still be the occasional terrorist attack. Do you really believe otherwise?

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

My Strategy:
    Kill muslim terrorists, if you don't, they will kill you.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

You bet your Bon Bon's it's not a football game. I've been trying to tell defeatists that for years now. This is R-E-A-L-I-T-Y. These fuggers have bee building strength for decades. While we were pulling out of Beruit, assuming the fetile position in Somalia, lobbing tomahawks into the desert in Afghanistan, and letting our citizens rot in Iranian captivity, the enemy was being emboldened, and was training for the day 3,000 of our countrymen would die. Appeasement is not an option. Death, as horrible and un-PC as it may sound, is a sad reality.