Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Media and Democratic Party: Back Scratchers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jul 21, 2011.

1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

In polls newspaper reporters admit to voting for the Dems at rates challenged only by blacks--around 90 percent.

This is old news.

But it's news that a reporter for leftwing Politico--I lot of lefties here automatically discount sites such as the Drudgereport or World Net Daily for reasons that have to do with intellectual laziness more than anything IMO--who has covered Sarah Palin quitting his job and...

[wait for it]

...to take a new job with the Democratic Party.

Politico Reporter | Democratic Party Job | Andy Barr | The Daily Caller

Jay Carney, anyone?

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So let me get this straight....you DON'T object to possible Conservative presidential candidates such as Sarah Palin actively working for a conservative media outlet such as FoxNews, but you DO object to a liberal media figure actually quitting his job and going to work for a liberal political party?

Have I got that right?

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

It's like a broken record in here.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +702 / 20 / -30

I will side with the press and blacks any day over the American Taliban..

Klever Komments Komrade.

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +348 / 7 / -4

At what rates do the management of companies owning newspapers vote Republican?

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

Palin doesn't pretend to be an objective voice unlike the MSM phonies.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +702 / 20 / -30

You mean Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingraham, Coulter and the rest of the Main Stream Media.. the Left Wing MSM is a right wing myth, and nothing could be further from the truth..

Palin is not objective, she is just a grifter...

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

Again commentators not 'objective journalist'.

I don't expect objective POV from say C Matthews or Bill Maher, they present themselves as commentators with a POV, not journalist. J Carney OTOH was supposed to be a journalist who reported the news without a POV.

Simple difference, why are you confused by the difference

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

That's not the same thing really. When Elliot Spitzer or Sarah Palin take a job with a news outlet, you know what you're getting. They are established political people, who hold a known political POV. A reporter is supposed to be objective in a general sense, which isn't to say that this guy wasn't. Personally I have no issues with someone taking a job anywhere, but it is good to know where their political persuasion lies so that we can apply the necessary salt to their reporting. We're all human, and therefore we all have certain personal beliefs and POV's. Good reporters can keep the power of those views to a minimum. This dude could have very well done that.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Robert Anthony "Tony" Snow (June 1, 1955 – July 12, 2008) was an American journalist, political commentator, television news anchor, syndicated columnist, radio host, musician, and the third White House Press Secretary under President George W. Bush. Snow also worked for President George H. W. Bush as chief speechwriter and Deputy Assistant of Media Affairs. He served as White House Press Secretary from May 2006 until his resignation effective September 2007.

Between his two White House stints, Snow was a broadcaster and newspaper columnist. After years of regular guest-hosting for The Rush Limbaugh Show and providing news commentary for National Public Radio, he launched his own talk radio program, The Tony Snow Show, which went on to become nationally syndicated. He was also a regular personality on Fox News Channel since 1996, hosting Fox News Sunday and Weekend Live, and often substituting as host of The O'Reilly Factor. In April 2008, Snow briefly joined CNN as a commentator.[1] He also made several notable speeches, including keynote addresses at the Conservative Political Action Conference in 2007 and 2008.

In his journalistic and governmental capacities, Snow generally supported conservative policy positions.[2][3] He died of colon cancer on July 12, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Snow

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

Note the term 'newspaper columnist', that means he wrote OPINION PIECES for syndication ie a commentator not a journalist.

As a contrast S Donaldson, W Cronkite, K Couric, B Williams list themselves as journalist not commentators.

Thanks for making my point wista.

12. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

People actually think POLITICO has a liberal bias?

Wow.

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He was a journalist and a news anchor for FOX who became the freaking Press Secretary to Bush!

We're splitting hairs here...or maybe not.

My point was that people on BOTH sides move from journalism and news to political functions all the time. There is a difference between a news journalist, reporter and news anchor- you're right.

There is also a difference between going to work in a political party and a White House Cabinet position.

One could easily say the difference in the latter contrast is much greater.

14. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Not really.

She's a commentator not a reporter.

How hard is that to figure out?

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 18 / -17

Politico isn't left wing and never has been. It's centrist, with a slight tilt to the right, not the left.

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

She says she's a journalist. She oughta know, right? She's so much of a journalist that she's offered (at least twice) to help show every other journalist what they're doing wrong. I guess she figures the example she sets on Facebook and Twitter and Fox just isn't enough.

I want the mainstream media--and I've said this for a couple years now--I want to help them.

I have a journalism degree. That is what I studied. I understand that this cornerstone of our democracy is a free press, is sound journalism. I want to help them build back their reputation and allow Americans to be able to trust what it is that they're reporting.

Quote of the Day: Sarah Palin Wants to Help the Media - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

17. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

One reports the news, the other comments on the news. Increasingly, I have to agree, the two sides are blurred together.

One example is front page "news analysis," which is often nothing more than an opinion piece.

Another example is when commentators report news events, often conservatives who bemoan the lack of coverage by the dominant mainstream media. An example of that recently is the shooting in Atlanta, which I'm fairly sure you haven't heard of.

Conflicting signs on whether Midtown shooting suspect targeted victim *| ajc.com

Three women shot for no apparent reason. One is dead, one is likely paralyzed from the neck down for life, and the other is in the hospital but should recover. Seemingly totally random.

But I am willing to speculate you've heard of the "mansion murders."

18. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

19. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Charles Krauthammer Tells 'Inside Washington' Host 'You Manage to Introduce a Hell of a Lot of Bias' | NewsBusters.org