Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal idiots urge you to boycott corporations

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: More idiocy from the group which is already the laughingstock of America. Good luck with the boycott, morons! Consumers are already lined up outside my local Best Buy. I'm sure all those retailers are quaking in their boots! :rofl:

Although, all kidding aside, when you consider the fact that no intelligent person can dispute that the Obama administration's economic policites have been nothing but one epic fail after another, getting all of us to not spend any money in corporate stores is a very realistic possibility. But that's only because fewer and fewer Americans actually have any money to spend.

News Headlines

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 2 / -9

:singing::singing:

Imagine telling poor people "to boycott wal-mart at christmas time" fire up another joint ass holes then go take a bath and fumigate your tent.

3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

you:

[​IMG]

a caricature we all laugh at

4. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's Bush's fault.

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +273 / 3 / -3

"More idiocy" indeed

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that still puts me ahead of you; it's your reality we all laugh at, hiding in your parents' basement:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Fixed your post.

8. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yes, keep creating conflict, it's what they want, divide and conquer

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +418 / 12 / -26

Another idiotic thread, lets see this one, KD whatever his name is.. talk about stuck on stupid..

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +715 / 2 / -9

If these smelly morons start messing with the Poor People who are trying to buy their kids Christmas Presents with their Welfare Checks you can bet that Big Time Violence is right around the corner, I'd like to see these "dirt rats" pitch their tents out in So Central LA in front of a Wal Mart.

THE OWS RABBLE BELONG IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE AND THE PELOSI VINEYARDS

DEPORT AUNT ZUCCHINI AND UNCLE ZONGO THEY ARE OBAMA FAMILY CRIMINALS

BURN THE TENTS FUMIGATE THE PARKS THEN HAVE A GLASS OF EGG NOG.

Merry CHRISTmas.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 11 / -10

Now that the Tea Party is simply a branch of the Republican Party, it remains to be seen if the OWSers can hold onto their integrity and not be bought. I think these most young people are the start of something new and exciting in American politics. I don't think they have it figured out yet, but it's evolving. The idea of occupying stores on Black Friday is a good one--if they have a few successes, it will get a some media play, and will create a new headache for Wall Street. That said, OWS is still young, and it remains to be seen how it will evolve.

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +414 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Wherever others here place me on the political spectrum, I actually fully support boycotting corporations this christmas.

I don't like large corporations and I never have.

So let's all stiff the sh1t out them this Christmas season!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is both a PR and a strategic mistake. Corporations aren't inherently good or evil. They're like dogs. Good to have around, but if you let 'em eat as much as they want they won't stop. Chase the corporations away and we'll all have to start making our own toasters and believe me that ain't as easy as you might think. I don't even blame big business for this endless recession. They did what they're supposed to do, make money. The fact that the best way to make money in the financial industry was by creating the giant mess we find ourselves in is a failure of government, or actually a lack of governing.

What I'd like to know is why is it that pretty much everyone agrees that the government has to have checks and balances, ie Legislative vs Executive vs Judicial; but that 1/2 the population seems to think that business doesn't need anything to check and balance it?

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +414 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I support gov't regulating corporations 100%. I think at some point, we may even have to consider making the current public corporate model illegal.

It is too greed based and doesn't maximize benefit to society. For example, our economic growth is basically flat but corporations still believe they're supposed to grow revenues/profits "X%" where X is greater than economic growth.

How can that be achieved? Only by taking share from the competition or buying them, getting consumers to spend more money or focusing upon emerging markets...which anyone can see is unsustainable at some point.

It is a model that will implode at some point.

15. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +273 / 3 / -3

why is taking share from competitors unsustainable, as long as the competitors are changing?

Private corporations are no different -- private corporations want to grow at a rate greater than economic growth as well.

so what model is better? would any alternative maximize benefits to society, or even outperform the current model?

16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +244 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

Boycotting Walmart and many other companies is a good idea at this point. Something needs to be done.

Prison slaves - Slavery: A 21st Century Evil - Al Jazeera English

Sh!t like this has got to stop.

There is an app that you can use to scan barcodes at the store to help identify those items that come from sources with dodgy labor practices (at the very least you can avoid those who do not provide any transparency).

Free2Work, Corporate Responsibility, Slave Labor, Watch List - Free2Work

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +715 / 2 / -9

Do Those America Hating Nasty Rotten Fools really believe that the American people will boycott places like Best Buy, Walmart & Especially TOY "R" US at Christmas Time, CHRISTMAS FOR CHRIST SAKE, the american people wait all year for this holiday and those creepy ass holes want america to Boycott The Stores.

Dear OWS
    If any of you read this, read it slowly and let it sink in to your mushy unwashed brain "F-ck You"
    Harry The Spender $$$$$$$$

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +414 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Because at some point, competitors will no longer exist.

Look at what happened to the Mass Merch channel of trade. 30 years ago, we had dozens of Mass retailers.

Mammouth Mart
    Zayres
    Sears
    Woolworths
    Caldor's
    kresces
    And many, many more

Today, we have WalMart, Target and KMart(kinda). WalMart has about 75% of all Mass Merch business and KMart will probably go out of business soon. So the long-term effects have been fewer and fewer jobs for society.

Any business that continues to consolidate will have fewer and fewer jobs available. That is the corporate influence in a nutshell. Keeping in mind that corporations are only allowed to exist for their benefit to society, we have to ask ourselves, "how do we benefit from this process?"

The only benefit I can think of is "lower prices". But that only lasts while there is suffucient competition.

Yes, I believe not having to please Wall Street and share holders would be a vast improvement and more benefit to society. For one, private corp's never lay workers off on a quarterly basis to placate Wall Street.

Private companies are historically the best places to work from an employee perspective. I'll use Wegmans as a prime example. Wegmans is perhaps the single best grocery retailer in the US and people love working for them. Wegmans consistently ranks among the top places to work in America every year.

And our society is all about the employee, not the employer. Why? Because our society is all about maximizing the number of people working.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +414 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

From reports I've read and discussions with manufacturers, "Made in China" is becoming less and less of an option because it's not that cheap to have products made there anymore. Prison camps aside, labor unions have organized in China and the Chinese gov't wants higher pay for their workers.

China's long term goal of building a self-sustaining economy hinges upon high wages nationally.

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Mammoth Mart! I remember the elephant logo!
    Even Spags got knocked out!
    Not to mention what the Home Depots have done.

Everything that matters in this country is about the stock market. On the local sports radio, there's a show called "Stocks and Jocks" where they lamely try to discuss sports mixed with market banter. It's becoming infused into every facet of life and it will reach a breaking point.

Volume and the absolute lowest costs are key to the operations of these entities like Walmart and Wegmans and everything else the "free market" manages. Fewer and fewer workers will be necessary as we develop into the computer-controlled distribution and manufacturing network the Owners are in the process of developing. This is necessary because the one sacrament that is recognized on Wall Street is "Thou Shalt Maximize Shareholder Profits".

There will continue to be fewer jobs and more people. In the society you imagine, where workers and employment are the most important things, the Owners would have to relinquish some of their profits to keep the people who have no work happy. When that idea surfaces, the Owners fight it relentlessly.

business men - YouTube