Welcome to PatsFans.com

Liberal Advice for Kerry in 2008

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWickedPissah, Apr 28, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,003 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/04/28/dont_run_john_kerry/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Editorial%2FOp-ed+pages

Noted Liberal Ellen Goodman BEGS John F. (Forbes) Kerry NOT to run in '08...

The signs that John Kerry is going to run for president in 2008 are rising faster than the pollen count. There was the requisite New York Times op-ed -- How many days late? How many dollars short? -- on getting out of Iraq. There was the Globe op-ed that preceded the speech supporting war dissenters at Faneuil Hall to an audience of groupies yelling ''Run" and ''2008." There was Ted Kennedy's remark, ''If he runs, I'm supporting him."
    And then there was his op-ed in The Manchester Union-Leader defending New Hampshire's place as first-in-the-nation primary. A true profile in courage.

All of this leads me to blurt out: ''Stop him before he kills (the Democrats' chances) again."

Kerry had many fine moments. I saw some of them on the trail and in the debates. But as many have said, Kerry is a politician who has more policies than ideas. Ask what he believes in and the answer is a 10-point plan. He ran a cautious campaign against a reckless commander in chief. And while caution is not a moral failing, Kerry's gut seems to have a surgical bypass through his cranium.

And this is from a supporter who voted for Kerry 6 times.

The more policies than plans is an affliction inherited from Gov Mike 'policy wonk' Dukakis when Kerry was Duke's Leiutennant Governor.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

I'd like to see his "Home Movies" again, the one where he was running around in the woods with a rifle. :singing:

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

There has also been talk about Gore running again. I would support Gore over Kerry, although I hope to see some new blood run this time. At least who ever runs will be able to talk intelligently. Oh, and I would prefer someone running through the woods with a rifle as opposed to a pick up truck full of booze and coke.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

I do not support neither, believe both will lead to the demise of the democratic party...there is an abyss of leadership on both sides of the aisle, and until someone steps up will continue, same old, same old....

5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

From your lips to God's ear. By all mean Gore in '08 and then again have him try again in '12 and maybe again (if he has not been committed into a mental institute by then) '16!

How bout a Gore/Hillary ticket, or even better a Kerry/Kennedy ticket!

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

I don't believe even the batty democrats would let Gore run again, Gore has gone "Insane".

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Thats pretty funny Ted. Whats' hysterical though, is George Bush representing our country for....maybe 8 years. How any Republican can say we "won" the last two elections is beyond me.

8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What should really baffle you is how the Democrats LOST the last 2 elections to someone widely portrayed as a buffoon.

9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fear is a powerfull tool........

10. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Correction, Scout.
    These folks here are not Republicans, they are independent:)
    Just ask them!

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

I'm an independent, just because I didn't vote for the war hero Kerry or the Nut Boob Gore doen't mean I am a Republican.

Turd hit the nail on the head, THE DEMOCRATS CALL HIM A DRUNK, A CHIMP, A RETARD, A BABBLING FOOL, AN IDIOT, A COWARD, A DRUGGIE, AND A MORON.

WITH ALL THIS SH!T GOING AGAINST HIM, "HE BEAT THEM, TWICE", A MORON BEAT THEM TWICE.
    :singing: :bricks: :singing:

12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He's a bufoon but somehow just slightly over 50% of voters agreed with his policies. I think you're all ready to admit he's a bufoon, you would just be willing to vote for him because you think the alternative is so bad.

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

That's politics for you. The Republicans since Reagan have done a better job than the Democrats of appealing to the lowest common denominator. Let's face it, the Republican message is easy enough for a 5 year old to remember: less government, family values, lower taxes. It doesn't matter what those things actually mean in practice. The liberal equivalent is something like strong government, civil rights, and economic fairness, but liberals are only now beginning to reassert themselves.

It's the moderates, both liberal and conservative, who have trouble getting their message across. (Though, Clinton did a very good job at that.) The idea behind our political system is that the political process should educate the public, but nowadays both parties aim to simply manipulate and deceive the public. It's a problem which will only solved by a very special leader, the likes of which we haven't seen since Kennedy.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

And he is a "BUFOON", I forgot that, The Bufoon is living in the White House, Kerry/Gore are not living in the White House.

The Bufoon is the Commander In Chief, Kerry is walking around in his Condo wearing his medals, Gore is in North Dakota counting Smoke Stacks, The BUFOON flys around on Air Force One, (mumbling & grinning).:rocker:

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

BINGO! Talk about having the table set and blowing it!
    He's not a buffoon, but he plays one on TV!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Bufoons can beat the Democrats:

"How's the election going Joe"

"It's the Bufoons by a landslide"

BUFOONS WIN BIG, KERRY/GORE CONCEDE

KERRY/GORE SAID IN AN INTERVIEW, "we put up a good fight, I'm proud of the good people that worked hard for us, we got 14 votes, if it hadn't of been snowing we probably would have reached at least 25, the Bufoons beat us what else can I say"

Headline-------Bufoons Win

17. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Which was the landslide? 52% to 48% or when he actually won without carrying the popular vote?

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Ding A Ling
    Goof -"Hi Teresa, it's me John the war hero"

WifeTeresa ="Hi John, are you wearing your medals"

Goof -"Yes"

Wife Teresa -"What happened darling"

Goof -"The Bufoon beat me" :bricks: