Welcome to PatsFans.com

Libby defenders = Conspiracy theorists!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You are all frickin CRAZY!....So funny that you believe that the wilsons and the CIA were conspiring against bush and cheney....yet call us 9-11 conspirators 'foil wearing, sky falling, MOONBATS'.....check your heads.

I have some fresh reynolds wrap for y'all....please post your hat size, and shipping address because you are all in need of some fresh foil.

HA!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Holy, go out to the woods and nail some squirrels, or even down to the local dump and shoot a few rats. Iow, *relax*.

:D

Putting this Libby thing into perspective is not simply about considering various motivations the Wilsons (including Plame) and their enablers may have had -- though motivation is a very valid point to consider. There is a whole waterfront of issue here regarding *why* Libby was hounded. And the answer seems obvious: he worked for Cheney, whom most anti-Bush elements say is the "real power" behind the throne.

This is an attempt to win the White House in '08 by smearing the Bush presidency. Plain and simple.

//

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

priceless...

so 7 and 1/4 ?

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

I gotta admit, it is hilarious that you believe in conspiracy theiries that involve thousands of people and think that bureaucrats in the CIA with extensive partisan ties can't possbile have an agenda.

:) :rolleyes: :p

5. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Is it any worse than the Clinton witch hunt?

Clinton, and Libby, could both have avoided trouble by following the law. I don't care if someone's motivation is political or not, I want government officials to be accountable and to be punsihed when they break the law.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

takes one to know one....thats all I'm saying....

The line forms to the right this time...You people are awesome!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:singing:

So you live down by a river in Egypt, eh? Da Nile. O-o-o-kay.

//

8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There is no doubt. These people have completely lost touch with a little thing called reality.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Puj, this is a math problem, not a legal one.

//

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

You are equating a paranoid thoery with facts introduced into evidence in a trial and the findings of the Senate Intel committee....

LOL!

11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And you apparently don't think that justice was served in this trial.

Would a pardon make you feel better about it?

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess you can call people paranoid and all that when it serves YOUR agenda. But is funny how you can't see your own paranoia, and fact shifting.

Like I said....its hard to admit that what is coming out of your own mouth (keyboard) can bee seen by a lot of people as paraniod. It takes a big person to admit that what they believe might be crazy

<<<< SO TO ALL YOU SCOOTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS >>>>>>>>

My door is always open....

How do my shoes feel?

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

I DIDN"T say that. I do find the actions of one of the juror's odd to say the least. I didn't sit in on the trial, the verdict is what it is.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

From the Wahington POst, hopefully even you will concede not a hotbed of Right Wing thought:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39834-2004Jul9.html
    Couldn't be more clear forget partisanship right from the Horse's (ass) Mouth.

Not to mention it was later confirmed by the translated Iraqi intel docs.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

From another more recent Wa PO editorial:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/31/AR2006083101460_pf.html

Would you like to continue to contend it is just right wing blogs who question Wilson's credibility?

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +577 / 6 / -2

Speaking of agenda's, I watched Hardball tonight, and they started the show with that juror, Ann Pedington (sp?). Anyhow, Howard Fineman, who is pretty cool, asked Ann about the case and whether or not it was meant for someone higher and yada, yada... to which she replied no, and then she said something about the the people involved having an agenda, and that "everyone in the news has an agenda, which is why you should really rely on multiple sources for your information". Ouch, and god bless her. Fineman looked annoyed by her response, and before they left his split screen, he said soemthing under his breath "yeah everyone but you". HA! Man I love it when people give it to the MSM. :D

17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +577 / 6 / -2

Bingo!

Pujo, you're right on the money. :rocker:

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Wonder if the press wil insist on more inqueries into leaks concerning national security?

Just a wild guess but, my guess is no.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Damn right the verdict is what it is...

Anyhow,

A few FACTS about the Senate Intel report Bush Leaguers here are clinging to like a piece of driftwood on the rapids:

1) Despite mounds of pressure to fulfill their promise, the report was never finished. It remains, to this day, buried on the priority list. (Editorial comment: It is beyond obvious that the 2nd portion was going to completely expose the administration's prior knowledge to flawed intel).

2) It was a Republican majority. Dems served as the minority party.

3) Dems had PROFOUND objections to many the sugarcoated findings.

4) Rockefeller insists Dick Cheney meddled DAILY and forced Phase II -- the most damaging half, which was never finished -- to stall until after the Nov. 04 elections.

5) The Senators who handled the Wilson-Niger part of the report were Bond, Hatch and Roberts (all Rebulicans).

6) The October 2002 NIE stated that Iraq appeared to be reconsitituting its nuclear weapons program. The Committee's report concluded that this view was not supported by the underlying intelligence, and the report agreed with the opinion of the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, expressed as an "alternative view" in the NIE, that the available intelligence did not make "a compelling case for reconstitution" of the Iraqi nuclear program. The committee reached several conclusions critical of poor communications between the CIA and other parts of the intelligence community concerning this issue. IN OTHER WORDS: there was no program, there was no attempt to buy uranium from Niger.

I find it hysterical, however, that certain righties on every blog and righty newspaper are humping this unfinished, half-assed report desperately, because they think they've found something contradicting Wilson's findings. Yet, ironically, the overall report that was actually finished was, to that point, a crushing contradiction of Bush/Cheney's pre-war claims. They don't seem to acknowledge that. Just the vague Wilson assertion.

Classic neocon sympathy.

20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

patsfan, why don't you just sum up your overall feeling about Iraq, the War on Terror and the intel that went into getting American and UN "approval?" Would you do that in a new thread?

Because you're just all over the board, and I'm not quite sure what your overall views are in this whole thing.

My guess would be that you love war, especially against Muslims, and that the specifics behind the case for permission for war was all accurate.