Welcome to PatsFans.com

Libby CONVICTION!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Libby is guilty, but he's also every bit as much a victim in this as was Susan McDougal during the Clinton scandal. It's the cruel nature of American politics.
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What is stupid is that Bush is going to pardon this scumbag right before he leaves office.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry Reid is calling for the " no pardon" rule on Scooter .....

can one plea bargon after a conviction?
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Now that we know he obstructed justice, the next question is who was he protecting and why?

Any thoughts? My guess is he was protecting the White House from being indicted conspirators in the outing of a CIA agent- making them traitors.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

...ya think?
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What's a "no pardon" rule? The President's ability to pardon is absolute and enshrined in the constitution.

No.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I know its a stretch, but its either this or he was having sex with an intern (or a page).
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Libby is GUILTY the people and the system have spoken, the system works.

Now it's Sandy Burglars turn, the people want to know what it was that this little fat rat had stuck in his underwear, who was HE trying to cover for.

Then when they are through with Sandy go after the THIEF CROOK that was hiding stolen money in his freezer.

CLEAN THE BASTARDS UP---POLITICIANS ARE THE LOWEST FILTHIEST F-CKING SCUM FORM OF LIFE ON THIS PLANET THEY ARE EVEN WORSE THAN PEDOPHILES ESPECIALLLY WHEN THEY "GRIN".
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sandy already had his turn and plead guilty. That's now over and can never be revisted
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the only thing that stopped a clean sweep on all five counts? a technicality in the Cooper testimony that dealt with Count 3...

hey... where's "take it to the bank" guy who was certain this was an aquittal? gosh, no sign of him at all... it's a shame he didn't take the bet i offered him when i put it right on the line...

Libby should have rolled on his former boss when he had the chance last year... Because Tricky Dick was never gonna pull a hair for him...
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good point. Apropos.

//
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

from the firedoglake blog:

It was cold as hell outside the Prettyman Courthouse when Patrick Fitzgerald was giving his statement and answering questions, and as I was shifting back and forth from one foot to the other I saw the courthouse's Sheldon Snook talking with Dennis Colins, the juror who had formerly worked with Bob Woodward of the Washington Post. I went over and started chatting and got to talk to him by myself for about 7 or 8 minutes before David Schuster came barrelling up to ask him if he wanted to be on Hardball, and then he was deluged. Sheldon eventually pulled him up to the microphones and he took questions for the cameras.

He was a very thoughtful guy who said the jury was very serious and took their responsibility very seriously, and that there were many tears at the end. I told him I ran a blog largely populated by people who were fascinated by the case and wondered if the jury had become likewise involved in mapping out the details (I didn't use the word "Plameologist" but I'm sure they'll hear it soon). He said that this was true and that the first thing they did was fill out 34 or so of the huge "post it" pads (2' x 3') with names, dates and details. Where have I heard that before?

Anyway, I asked him about the juror who was dismissed, if she was happy to be out of there. He said no, they liked her and he thought she was sorry to be gone. He said the other jurors may want to talk to the press at some point but for now they did not want to be identified. He was very impressed with how methodical they were and he used the word "dispassionate" to describe their deliberations. He said they deliberated for a whole week before they reached a verdict on any of the charges.

He eventually got dragged before the cameras and said that there was a lot of compassion on the jury for Libby, that they felt he was the"fallguy," and they wanted to know where Karl Rove was in all of this. He was loathe to answer questions about Dick Cheney beyond the fact that Libby was obviously doing whatever he did at Cheney's behest, and the Cheney notes on the Wilson July 6 article seemed especially damning. He wouldn't say whether testimony by Cheney would have helped Libby or not, and seemed unwilling to discuss anything that they were not tasked with deliberating.

He did say that Hannah's testimony totally screwed Libby, and I got a chuckle out of that. At the same time Hannah was talking about how bad Libby's memory was, he also claimed that Libby had an incredible grasp of detail, and the jury believed he just would not have forgotten so much in the way that the defense was trying to claim. They found Russert to be a credible witness but thought there was enough reasonable doubt in the Cooper false statement charge (he said/he said) for "someone" to assume reasonable doubt. It appears there was only one holdout on Count Three that kept Libby from a 5 count grand slam.

It was quite inspirational to get a chance to talk to him, and to hear how seriously the jury had deliberated. You never know what's going to happen with a jury until they come back and all I can say is — it was worth every bit of effort we put into being here. There haven't been a lot of days in the past 7 years when you could say that justice triumphed, but the system worked and it felt damn good to be there when it did.

Thank you all.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hm-m, and where have we seen that done before???

:eek:
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I know I know!!! Ford pardoned Nixon.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

if he wants any semblance of a legacy, Boy King won't embarrass himself with such a blatant insider rescue... regardless, Libby's jail time isn't what matters... what matters is that this administration has been officially exposed as vindictive liars in a cause for protecting a fabricated war that has killed more than 100,000 people...
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wait a second......The Iraq war is FABRICATED? then....why are the troops still there?
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and a fitting testimony to Fitzgerald's unwavering professionalism:

[​IMG]

Up until today, many Americans may have known that Pat Fitzgerald was a very tall man. Today they found out that he is a giant.

Of course, many of us here at the Lake have known that for quite some time.

I would like to take a moment to reflect upon what this man has accomplished through his masterful handling of both the investigation and the trial.

He has restored the faith of how many of us that THE SYSTEM CAN INDEED WORK. He has led through example, and set a standard for scrupulousness and faithfulness in office that translates to all branches of government.

He has been engaged in single combat by proxy with Dick Cheney and his proxies, been the target of countless slimes and other attempts to manipulate him into making a mistake, yet, not once has lost his temper. Not once has he retaliated. Unlike the Ken Starr, there were no impromptu press conferences in his driveway each morning. There were no leaks.

There was just simple hardworking integrity and fulfillment of duty.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

They can still have a Congressional Investigation as to what the Creepy Little Dirt Bag was trying to cover up can't they, you can bet that if he worked for Bush the Pelosi Gang and the Media would be demanding it.