Welcome to PatsFans.com

Libby: Bush Authorized leak on Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Apr 6, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I knew just as soon as the judge allowed White House briefings to be included in Libby's trial that it would uncover more abuse by this administration.
    Bush authorized to leak sensitive intelligence information concerning Iraq. Hey, anything to improve poll numbers. This will surely help today's numbers.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12187153/

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

I do not know how much more the American Public can tolerate, this is really getting out of hand, some how it will be framed that it was done under the guise of national security...this is getting to be a very sad time for the American Political System..

3. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Scooter Libby, meet John Dean. I believe that Libby is the John Dean of Wathergate, he's just gone about it in a different way. For you neocons who mocked us months ago, saying this was going nowhere, time for a reality check. Bush's greatest accomplishment while in the White House, making former presidents appear better. Bush Sr, by invading Iraq, and Nixon, by W's treasonous acts. Here is another link on the leak. http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/06/libby.ap/index.html

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

I know the Dippy Liberals on here will never believe this, but if Bush is guilty of this he should be run out of town on a Rail, if he is guilty of this he has betrayed every Flag Waving Neo Con like me in America.

He screwed me on the Illegal Aliens then the Arabs running our Seaports, now this.

If he is guilty I'll never vote again, I'll sit back, drink my beer and let "sh!t happen", the hell with everybody, let them all kill each other and turn the country into another third world sh!thole dump.

THIS WILL BE ME :bricks:

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They can tolerate plenty. Look what they've put up with so far from this friggin traitorous simeon. This country's too busy watching 60" TV and eating out at Fridays to give a sh-t about this.

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hey, give those of us who do care a little credit willya? Of the posters here, although we indentified an almost perfect 50-50 split on considering ourselves from the left or right, very few of us approve of this administration. The polls on this board back me up. I suspect the notable exceptions fall somewhere between the obscenely rich, the american taliban, and the willfully ignorant.

But your point is correct, which is why we need a draft. That should get peoples attention.

7. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A draft would destroy the military from within. It would never work, it would fall on it's head. I seriously would jump ship if it happened.

8. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You think? Why would you say it would destroy it from within? Currently, according to Paul Hackett, the loss of our finest forces to the private sector (security and support ops like Blackwater), combined with our weaking of enlistment standards, is doing a fairly good job of destroying our military itself. I would think a draft would relieve much of the reserves and the national guard's extended duties.

9. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm with bmf on this one. Today's military is too well-trained, disciplined & technologically advanced for people to come in off the street and join in the fighting. In the past you needed people for the sheer numbers, so the draft worked. Now 1,000 well-trained soldiers could wipe out 20,000 or more "unskilled" infantrymen.

10. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats all well and good, but what is the technological requirement of fighting an insurgency? Thats the flaw with "transformation". We have placed waay too much stock in it if we are now in the business of removing dictators and nation building from the ground up. Transformation is great at destroying armies, not guerrillas.

If we are attacked again, would you change your tune?

11. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Me? No. I would only support the draft because it would cause a complete collapse of public support for the war, not because I think it would help us in any military way.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  12. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So you don't think our military is currently stretched? You evidently also don't think that the cost of this war is much higher than necessary due to the use of privatized security assets. You don't think there are thousands of support roles for todays youth that could alleviate both the cost and the cumulative stress of units throughout Iraq?

13. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, I think our military is stretched too thin, and yes, I think more soldiers in our military would help. But "soldiers" would be people who want to be there, want to make a career out of training and fighting, and would be people who the military actually wants. Folks off the street serving 6 month or 1 year tours of duty could certainly help with some jobs, but they'd be more a liability than an asset in most cases. Commanders wouldn't want to be responsible for them, and casualties would be sky-high compared to volunteer soldiers.

14. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is the type of news that is causing Bush hair to grey prematurely. He should get around to blaming Rove pretty soon, and then it will have come full circle from Rove-Libby-Cheney-Bush-Rove. At that point, I say we give them each guns and put them in a room tegether.

15. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good points. I hadn't really thought of it that way.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

No Draft:
    All a draft would do is fill the Army up with Gang Bangers and Junkies and cause Riots.

17. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Libby had to have known that bringing in the White House briefs would expose unlawful acts. So, why did he take this course of action? Was he saying, I'm going down, your all going down with me? Or was he insinuating, they leaked this, why wouldn't they leak information on a CIA agent. Also, Fitzgerald rejected these documents before being overruled by the judge. Was he just posturing? I'll be watching Hardball tonight to get some reaction.

18. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Bush Defends Domestic Spying ,Blasts media for leaking it;
    "My personal opinion was that it was a shameful act for someone to disclose this very important program in a time of war." said the president, who struck a forceful tone throughout the hour long question and answer session.
    HYPOCRITE

19. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bush's? He's the least dangerous of the bunch!

20. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pujo, basically said what I would have said. My Army needs to stay a volunteer Army, draftees will be nothing but a huge headache. AAB, transformation has more to do with us not fighting a land war in Europe rather than an insurgent force in the Middle East. The transformation would still have been scheduled and taking place had we been at war in Iraq or not. The Army for example has too much Armor, Field Artillery, Air Defense and strategic support. All of these units where created and staged for when the balloon went up against the Soviets. Doctrine has changed and the military has gone through an evolution. For example, since I was a Private, we had been drilled over and over regarding Nuclear, Biological and Chemical stuff. Have to have your mask on in 9 seconds, then the hood on in another five. How to diagnose chemical poisioning, etc etc. The military expected our next enemy to potentially use chemical weapons against us, because after Desert Storm/Shield we learned that we where not prepared to defend our ground forces against a chemical attack. Back to my point, draft bad.