Welcome to PatsFans.com

libbies will learn to like him yet......

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, May 30, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Bush, Cheney split on Obama - Yahoo! News

A person familiar with Bush’s thinking said that as a member of the former president’s club, he believes he should stay on the sidelines. The person added that Bush’s views on national-security issues are well-known.

But a former White House official under Bush said some White House alumni wish Cheney would cool it.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Cheney is acting like a Far Left Wing Democrat thats why he scares them.

Fire being fought by fire.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

If your a Democrat, your sitting back enjoying the heck out of the current Republican mouthpiece's spouting what's right and wrong in this world. Take your pick of who's in the news today; Cheney, Rush, or Newt. No one except the far-right wing will ever agree with them. They are unpopular to the vast majority of people.
    It's really pretty funny. When a Republican in congress does say something that makes sense (we are listening to the American people), they get slammed by Rush (we are teachers, not listeners) and then retract their statements.
    Yea, I'm soooooooooo scared!
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Liddy was running his mouth yesterday about Sontamayer having to conference on a bill when she had her period...

Buchanan is flapping his jaws..
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you should have seen azzhole personified -- John Bolton -- glaring at Maher on Real Time on Friday.

Great show this week.
  6. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yes it was. I was initially surprised to see only two guests on the regular panel (trouble getting 3 people nowadays? why not invite the food guy or the other "extra" guest to the panel?), and yet more suprised to learn they were both conservative. It's usually (with expections) 1 conservative with two liberals (I presume it's harder to get conservatives to do the show).

Remember the old Morton Downey Jr show, where liberal guests were routinely shouted down in debate and otherwise roasted on the conservative spittoon? Downey himself would verbally assualt the guest. OTOH, the most you ever hear from the ever-so-liberal Maher audience is the occasional "roooooo..." when an unpopular opinion is voiced. The guests are always treated respectfully by Maher, if not an occasional other guest. The difference between these two shows I think underscores the the back-and-forth between the liberals and conservatives on this board.
  7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

heh.....libbies just remove themselves from forum and make movies like religulous and whatever garbage micheal moore is producing at the moment

YouTube - Bill Maher & Dennis Miller - Free Speech vs Political Correctness (2002)

go to the 4:15 or so mark...............maher actually talks about you libbie chumps
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

To his credit, Bush is following his predecessors by acting with great dignity, and that will serve his effort to create some sort of positive legacy for himself. Now, let's hope he is like Carter or Clinton and starts doing some good work in his spare time.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

10. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wow, thanks for directing me to this clip, I had never seen it before. Did YOU actually watch the whole thing? It doesn't so much put down liberals or conservatists than it does knock "small minded people".

In any case, forums get created by someone (Downey, Maher, Rush, etc), in the form of movies, talk shows, blogs, this board. The rest of us "nobodies" participate. For you to imply this is just a libby thing makes YOU seem rather small minded I think.
  11. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for that link, Tanked...
    I liked the exchange about the censorship
    for the sake of political correctness this country
    has indulged itself into.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  12. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the line of inference goes from small-minded to college campuses to libbie chumps..............

actually, to make movies like the maher and moore movies are different than any other forum because there is no dialogue........only movies designed to preach to their small-minded choirs while getting guys like maher and moore rich........at your expense
  13. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Care to elucidate on that? It wasn't just libbie chumps. Take off your rose colored glases and watch it again.

That's not my point. My point is that this goes on with the conservative side as well. For instance, the Swiftboat movie comes to mind. How is this any different (other than it argues to the conservative side)?
  14. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

oh yeah? well..........you are too

this is the only argument you can make? you feel justified now? this point just makes the libbies every bit the sheep as the pubbies........so you've succeedd in lumping yourself in with them
  15. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Huh??? What on earth are you talking about?

What other argument is there to make? You posted a YouTube video and implied it knocked liberals down. I saw it, I disagreed, and told you my interpretation. What else are you expecting?

Go have another beer. They're about to make the last call. :rolleyes:
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

We need Dick Cheney and Al Gore and Jesse Jackson and Ann Coulter. We need Rev. Sharpton and we need Michelle Malkin. enough of this cool it and silence stuff. As much as sometimes it's like fingernails on a blackboard ... it keeps this country sharp and for the most part free.
  17. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

obviously over your head.............and triggers the usual response