Welcome to PatsFans.com

LGF... The GOP's major fail...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Interesting short commentary on the GOP and its desire for Obama to fail.. interesting prediction at the end..

Little Green Footballs

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"The Republican Party is in reactionary denial mode, refusing to look at the real problems that cost them the last two major elections. Unless the party can find a positive message and articulate it clearly, we’re going to have Democratic presidents for the foreseeable future."

The Democratic party in 2004 and 2008 ran on "we're not those guys!" That's how it goes. Both parties will be around for the foreseeable future. One messes up or we get sick of them, and we'll vote the other one in.

Unless the Pentagon robots that Diver posted about takeover. Then we're all screwed.

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Why should anybody be surprised??? After hearing nothing but "... eight failed years of Geo Bush presidency..." from all the Dem candidates last two years, a lot of people were noticeably angered.

What you give is usually what you get in return.... in politics, at least.

//

4. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Except that... it was TRUE! :eek:

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Hello FOG, i don't remember anyone, anyone coming out and saying "i hope george bush fails" even though there were oh 150+ million that didn't believe in his policies like the Iraq war. Your party is like a bunch of nasty spoiled brats.
    '

6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the dumbocrats will figure out a way to screw the pooch......they always do..........just look at post nixon/ford.....between watergate and agnew's tax fraud, you would have figured that the dems had the presidency locked up for awhile........heh, that lasted a whole 4 years

simply put, while the silent majority does not like republicans, they find democrats to be utterly disgusting

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 6 / -2

Bingo. What he said. :D

Seriously though, the Dems ran on a platform of "we're not them". So now the pubs are going to do the same it seems. Coke or Pepsi fellas.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

Sit back and relax enjoy the Messiah And His Teleprompter, the show is just beginning, Bush is gone, the Ding Dongs are all going nuts they are well known for fighting among themselves, poor old Uncle Teddy he's going to miss all fun.

Sarah Palin has gone Moose Hunting (she'll be back)

Aunt Zucchini is going to be deported in a few weeks.

Imagine if Bush had an Illegal Alien in the family.....:singing:

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Many dems did come out and say Bush had failed.

I am in agreement with what the author says. The pubbies should come up with a positive message. Obama's policies will fail because these sorts of tax and spend policies have always harmed the economy not helped it. They should oppose those policies and articulate why, but really focus on what will help the country.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

Instead of saying "they hoped Bush failed" they made a movie showing him being asassinated.

Bush fell off his bike once it was front page on the NY Times for a month, Jon Stewart almost killed himself Masturbating.

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

that's the whole thing with libbies.........if the success is not because of them, then they hope for failure

12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Classic revisionist history. Awesome :singing:

Did we not spend just spend 4-5 years listening to the Democrats ACTIVELY cheerleading for us to "lose" in Iraq. In fact, DIDN'T HARRY REID ACTUALLY PRONOUNCE THE WAR LOST in the halls of congress?

All of that blathering was an attempt, by the left, to undermine Bush's policy and bring about his downfall. You can disagree with his decisions, you can in hindsight withdraw support for going into it in the first place, but to actually CHEERLEAD for us to lose, is exactly the kind of stuff the LGF article is referring.

Losing ANY ARMED CONFLICT is never in the best interest of America and do not pretend that if you were in that crowd that you did not "want Bush to fail". You absolutely did.

I ABSOLUTELY want Obama's policies aimed at destroying free-market capitalism to fail. Not ashamed to admit it. Unlike cheerleading for us to lose an armed conflict (i.e. real lives lost), it is not un-American to hope that the system that our government was founded on remains intact (be it good, bad or inbetween).

Does that mean that "I want Obama to fail overall"? I don't think so. There are some areas that I do and some I don't. It's called dissent, and I see nothing wrong in it.

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Saying a POTUS has failed in much different than hoping a POTUS will fail...

14. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

But he hadn't failed. Reid, was just HOPING that he had. Wishing it even. At the time that statement was made, there was CLEAR evidence that the COIN/Surge operations were beginning to have a positive outcome. Ried, and all the other rabid anti-bush folks wanted that desperately not to be the case in order to forward their OWN agenda. That statement was to try to con the American people that what was actually happening, wasn't.

Come on Darryl, if you are gonna come in here and say that the left (in particular, the far left progressive types) didn't actually want Bush to fail, then you are going to lose all credibility.

It's quite plain to everyone, that they did. They wanted back in power, it was in there interest for Bush's policies to be a failure and they pushed mighty hard for it. You can't possibly accuse someone of "hoping for an Obama" to fail, and not acknowledge that you liberals didn't do the exact same thing with a straight face.

It's downright laughable.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Do not take things out of context, I was responding to PF 13's post.. do not exaggerate what I did or did not say..

16. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Point taken........ but why do you think that they would say that, when in many cases, they hadn't failed yet. I pointed to a very big one.

None of us can absolutely say that Obama's will either. We can speculate. From what I see (certainly on financial side) his policies would be a disaster. I don't want a disaster (worse then has already occurred I mean).

This whole "wanting the other guy to fail" is total BS. It happens ALL THE TIME, in and out of politics.

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Do not disagree, but the amount of disdain he has incurred 60 days into his tenure is unparalleled, for "spokesmen" to say that they hope he fails is more than one would expect.. publicly saying that they hope he fails at this junction is pretty poor form.. if he f...cks this up, and we are at the same position 2 years from now.. then I will be more comfortable with this rhetoric.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Really? Public officals undermining policy while soldiers are in harms way, like Reid and Pelosi have?

I don't see any difference other than no one on the right have publicly wished death on Obama, like many on the left wished on Bush and Cheney.

These policies won't work. No need to wish they won't work. People should be focusing on policies to undo the damage Obama and the dems will do with their crazy scheme.

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

The difference is the timing.. Obama just started this thing, he may or may not be successful.. we have to wait and see. Not sure I remember anyone wishing death on Bush.. but am sure it is somewhere on some RW blog..

Time will tell if these policies work, too early to tell.. personally do not understand all of them, but hope they succeed.

20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

simply put you are full of crap.........either that or you had your head buried in the dirt in Jan of 2001

stop playing him as the victim