PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets think of some POSITIVE things we learned about Spygate after the punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a greater appreciation of the Krafts and the Pats organization as a whole. They have maintained a dignified posture through all of this. BB made a mistake, apologized for it and moved on. The naysayers have done all that they could to tear down a highly successful organization because of the threat of what they've accomplished and will, in all likelihood continue to accomplish.
The media makes for a vicious enemy. Consider the source of Tomase's rushed hatchet job in the days before the SB....THE NY TIMES! To me it all begins and ends right there.

Well said, especially with regards to Kraft.My estimation of him increased a thousandfold when he announced, during Game 1 post-videogate, that Belichick's contract had been extended. That was such a HUGE statement, timed perfectly to make an impact.
He's never waivered from BB's side, not once during this whole mess which just keeps getting nastier as we speak. He's stood by and supported Belichick through every second of nothing but crap. Crap that some say has tainted their name forever. Still Kraft has never waivered.
The Patriots organization has been tested beyond what most teams could withstand, and not a one of them has faltered in their support of eachother, of BB, or of the Patriot's name.Not a single person, not even the waterboy, has said a negative word,pointed any fingers, tried to share some limelight, not a one. To me that's pretty impressive. And it starts at the top.
I can't imagine we'd ever have seen all this without Spygate-I can't imagine anything else that could be as tough a test on an organization and on an owner,as this has been.
No doubt this cohesiveness ticks the media off too- icing on the cake:D

Last edited:
:bricks: Another Spygate Thread :bricks:
:enranged:.........................................:enranged:​

Seriously, no one outside of New England cares about Spygate. Everyone knows the Pats are very good, but other teams' fans will just use Spygate as a sticking point to poke at the Patriots when they win the division again next year. BTW, I'm a Giants fan. ;)

Why Bellichek would need an edge with the teams he has had is what makes me shake my head.

Because in pee-wee football, in middle school football, in flag football, in high school football, in college football, AND in the pros, coaches will do almost anything to get the slightest advantage on the other team. Anybody who has ever played football in their life (John Clatyon, please leave the room) will know this.

I learned how stupid and ignorant other team's fans are.

I have learned to be very careful about where I point my video camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes