PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Talk Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

captadamnj

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Looks like a wet one tomorrow nite. Some initial things that come to mind. Does this encourage the Jests to load up expecting a dose of "Law Firm" and further open up the passing game for the Pats? We've seen the Pats bringing Cassel along methodically since Week One, are they ready to entrust Air Cassel with throwing the ball in poor conditions? Will the weather reduce Favre's throws and/or make him even more susceptible to turnovers? Inquiring minds want to know...

From past experience wind has more effect on the passing game then rain.

The weather should have minimal affect on the Patriots' offense which is a running and short passing game now. The deeper balls to speedy WR would be more affected; I haven't watched enough Jester games to know how their passing game is but I would imagine Favre is throwing downfield more than Cassel is.

From past experience wind has more effect on the passing game then rain.

==================================================

I agree, the rain actually helps the WR by making it harder for the defender to cut and keep up. Add wind and that changes things.

If either QB is effected by rain (which I don't expect either), I would say Favre would be. Only because he has a tendency to make some wild gambling throws that would require the receiver to adjust his route or make fast cuts to get back to an area. I can see a receiver having the potential of slipping in that case. Otherwise, rain will not affect the passing game.

The weather should have minimal affect on the Patriots' offense which is a running and short passing game now. The deeper balls to speedy WR would be more affected; I haven't watched enough Jester games to know how their passing game is but I would imagine Favre is throwing downfield more than Cassel is.

Theoretically, but a big part of the Pats offense is the threat of Moss going deep. I think regardless of the weather, the Jets will take their chances with going Revis on Moss and trying to take Welker and the short passing out of the equation as much as possible.

Assuming BJGE gets the majority of the ground work tomorrow, on the plus side, he had not a single fumble in college.

Theoretically, but a big part of the Pats offense is the threat of Moss going deep.

The threat of Moss going deep has had as much if not more of an effect on the success of the Pats offense as his actual catches. Take that away and it definitely changes the dynamics of the defensive game plan.

Theoretically, but a big part of the Pats offense is the threat of Moss going deep.
They can still toss one or two downfield to Moss to keep the threat there. But the weather taking Moss out of the game is very different than last year.

Does any one know the zip code for the Razor, so as I can google a weather report?

Never mind

Gillette Stadium
One Patriot Place
Foxborough, MA 02035-1388

Last edited:
I am forecasting myself being miserable tomorrow night. I hate cold rain.

Hey, you delivered the good mojo last week. Keep it up! ;)

Welcome home, hon!!!!!
Thanks. When you're away from the cold for a while, it can be shocking to come back to. The other night the 40's felt like 0 to me.

Hey, you delivered the good mojo last week. Keep it up! ;)
I will do my best for God (BB) and Country (the Pats).

just drink more

I do love to drink, but I hate having to miss any action from having to take a leak. Maybe I'll wear a diaper.

Ditto that!

But I can't miss the Troy Brown ceremony! I just can't!

I do love to drink, but I hate having to miss any action from having to take a leak. Maybe I'll wear a diaper.

I think I'm faster than Welker. Pats call a TO. Prostrate (sic) calls. From way down on the front row in 100 I ran up the stairs two at a time, crossed the concourse and ran along to the nearest mens room, found a urinal, whizzed out a large beer firehose style and raced back to made it back partway down the stairs to see the play.

Is there like a Patsfan award for this?

Last edited:
I think I'm faster than Welker. Pats call a TO. Prostrate (sic) calls. From way down on the front row in 100 I ran up the stairs two at a time, crossed the concourse and ran along to the nearest mens room, found a urinal, whizzed out a large beer firehose style and raced back to made it back partway down the stairs to see the play.

Is there like a Patsfan award for this?

You are INSPIRING Sir! A true hero! :D

I do love to drink, but I hate having to miss any action from having to take a leak. Maybe I'll wear a diaper.[/QUOTE

A cath. works well also with a long hose down the the leg to boot level. lol. Just tell everyone somebody spilled a beer.:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back