Welcome to PatsFans.com

Let's talk Santonio Thomas...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Mar 13, 2006.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Is he developing? Could he be Wilfork's back-up, pushing Mike Wright down the depth chart? I thought I heard that he was coming along okay during the middle of last year, but that could just be wishful thinking.

Anyone?
  2. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +542 / 6 / -0

Great question. Thomas was snake-bitten in college--had a first-round stud a year ahead of him limiting his playing time, then in his senior year when he finally had his chance, he was injured. A big, strong, athletic tackle...in theory. I'm very curious to see what a year on the Pats' PS has done for him.

(For those who might not recall, the stud ahead of Thomas was Wilfork. Hope he's not getting a complex about that...every time you close your eyes, you see Vince Wilfork in front of you, blocking out the sun....)
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I think Thomas is more likely to back up at DE, but knowing BB he is getting cross-trained.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

They wqere also room mates in college...close frirends from what I understand..it seems like he may be the backup that they have thought about...what Eathan Kelly should have become. I think he has a definite shot at a backup position..