PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk about speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's also not forget Randall Gay who posted 4.33 and 4.36 at LSU's pro day. If I recall correctly, this might have been tied for the fastest 40 in the '04 draft class.

And while we're talking about speed, let's also not forget that though the timed numbers might be the same, for example a 4.45 in the 40, how a player reaches that speed varies. Some would run the first 15 faster than others though the times are identical. Hobbs ran something like a 4.55, but I'd wager he'd win a race against both Watson and AD if that race were for 30 yards. Guys like Watson, AD and even Moss to a lesser extent, need a few yards to gain momentum and get their speed unspooled.

he tried out for Bobby Bowden at FSU before joining Marshall...bad memory on my behalf...I was thinking Santana Moss, but he was Miami...

From Wikipedia, not always the most reliable but in this case...

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:rJl3f4n7ub8J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss+%22Florida+State,+Moss+ran%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Notre Dame subsequently revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State </wiki/Florida_State_University> due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden </wiki/Bobby_Bowden>, for handling troubled players.[4] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season. He was red-shirted </wiki/Redshirt_%28college_sports%29> in his freshman season.[4] While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash </wiki/40-yard_dash> while only Deion Sanders, with a 4.23 40-yard dash, had achieved better.[5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back