PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk about Kaczur instead of Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that Kaczur has been listed as questionable for the past month or so. If Belichick thinks hes hurt enough to be listed as questionable (which means 50% chance of playing) then obviously he is injured. He only gave up three sacks last year and only 1 this year till both his ankles got dinged. Anyone who has had an ankle injury knows it impeeds your agility.

Has anyone else noticed that Kaczur has been listed as questionable for the past month or so. If Belichick thinks hes hurt enough to be listed as questionable (which means 50% chance of playing) then obviously he is injured. He only gave up three sacks last year and only 1 this year till both his ankles got dinged. Anyone who has had an ankle injury knows it impeeds your agility.
Yup, one or two of us have noticed, but haters need one player to be their target and nothing he ever does right or well will ever be recognized and they will always know more than any Coach like Dante Scarnecchia. He's now got a shoulder injury, it's possible he does get rested this week and Vollmer gets plugged into his place, but that will just make the haters louder in denouncing him as they ignore the injury report.

It's funny how people in this forum ignore the facts just to support their own argument. Not like this is the only place it's done but I mean come on. Kaczur has played very good for this team for 5 years now. Light has also played very good for 9 years now. Vollmer has shown a ton of promise and the raw skills that it takes to play the tackle posistion in this league. To have 3 good starting tackles is a great problem to have. Just because Kaczur has been hurt for a couple months and Vollmer played great in Lights place when he was hurt doens't mean Light and Kaczur suck and should be benched. Its a long season and the deep experienced teams win championships.

Yup, one or two of us have noticed, but haters need one player to be their target and nothing he ever does right or well will ever be recognized and they will always know more than any Coach like Dante Scarnecchia. He's now got a shoulder injury, it's possible he does get rested this week and Vollmer gets plugged into his place, but that will just make the haters louder in denouncing him as they ignore the injury report.

I'm not a hater. I'm a not-liker. From what I've seen this year, Kaczur does not look good at all. If he's injured that's too bad but I didn't think fans had to grade on a curve. But if you say that Kaczur is a good player, then I believe you because you know alot more about OL play than I do.

I'll also note here that Kaczur's level of play did NOT deteriorate last year, when he was besides Billy Yates for half the year. In fact, it dramatically improved, and he was rewarded with a nice contract extension.

I haven't seen many of the recent games, so that's all I can offer. I skeptical he's suddenly lost all skill and turned to dog****.

I don't know whose out/on the bench in 2010, but it's a nice problem for the Pats to have.

I've felt for a while that K was a bubble starter. I think that he does his job to the best of his ability, takes coaching well, and can execute against mid and lower tier tallent. Do I feel that Vollmer is a better player? Yep. Do I think Vollmer is going to be a top three NFL tackle in a few years? Yep, that too.

In a pass heavy offense, you need a player with good footwork, wingspan, and hand technique on each side of the line. Nick is good, and serviceable at these things. Vollmer is exceptional. It also doesn't hurt that Vollmer is lethal run blocking and accelerates like an end in the screen game.

Whatever his injury or issue Kaczur is currently having, it is preventing him from executing. He's over reaching on speed stuff, and is getting stood up on the power stuff. It's only natural to have your best players on the field, and that means that Vollmer needs to start on the right side.

I'm not a hater. I'm a not-liker. From what I've seen this year, Kaczur does not look good at all. If he's injured that's too bad but I didn't think fans had to grade on a curve. But if you say that Kaczur is a good player, then I believe you because you know alot more about OL play than I do.
Don't take my word for it, Nick has started for four years for Dante - the most incompetent OL coach in the NFL - or so we should believe from the various people telling us how badly Light and Kaczur have stunk things up for years.

Don't take my word for it, Nick has started for four years for Dante - the most incompetent OL coach in the NFL - or so we should believe from the various people telling us how badly Light and Kaczur have stunk things up for years.

Box_O_Nicks?

I'll also note here that Kaczur's level of play did NOT deteriorate last year, when he was besides Billy Yates for half the year. In fact, it dramatically improved, and he was rewarded with a nice contract extension.

I haven't seen many of the recent games, so that's all I can offer. I skeptical he's suddenly lost all skill and turned to dog****.

I don't know whose out/on the bench in 2010, but it's a nice problem for the Pats to have.
Now you should know better, Billy Yates makes all his Tackles better.

As I recall, the numbers were vastly improved once Neal returned.

Last edited:

If the play of Kaczur is so dependent on the guy who's playing next him, I think the Patriots gave the big contract extension to the wrong guy.

If the play of Kaczur is so dependent on the guy who's playing next him, I think the Patriots gave the big contract extension to the wrong guy.

Agreed.

10 chars.

Greetings,

Co-Sign.

Shalom,
Celticboy04

Once again, the problem is Neal. He can't stay healthy, and he's the key. If anyone should be replaced in the offseason, it should be him. We're set at tackle, but the inside needs help ;)

You may wish to reread unoriginal's point.

As I recall, the numbers were vastly improved once Neal returned.
Up the middle, Tackle played consistently well last season.
Once again, the problem is Neal. He can't stay healthy, and he's the key. If anyone should be replaced in the offseason, it should be him. We're set at tackle, but the inside needs help ;)
I hope you took that tongue out of your cheek before biting down.

Up the middle, Tackle played consistently well last season.

Don't misunderstand me, because I'm not anti-Kaczur, and I've got no problem with him at tackle when he's healthy. I just see an older Neal and a tackle who's not as good in space as his counterpart on the left side. I've been on the "Draft a tackle and get Kaczur to play some guard" bandwagon since the 2008 draft, after all, because I've looked at Neal's struggles with health and tried to find a solution that keeps solid players all along the line even when he's unavailable.

Last edited:
Up the middle, Tackle played consistently well last season.I hope you took that tongue out of your cheek before biting down.

ok, well, then don't replace Neal. I think you will agree though, that we need improved depth at Guard. What do you see in this Rich Ohrnberger kid? Might he be part of the solution?

ok, well, then don't replace Neal. I think you will agree though, that we need improved depth at Guard. What do you see in this Rich Ohrnberger kid? Might he be part of the solution?
I thought Wendell played better than Connolly in preseason. When Wendell was sent down to the Practice Squad I felt it was an effort to protect Orhnberger with Wendell who had a lower profile. Wendell is getting paid full boat on the Practice Squad, which may or may not speak to his ability, but the Pats clearly want him in the mix. My impression of Connolly is steady improvement as his playing time has increased. Orhnberger has improved from his first reps. Bussey was favorably compared to my first choice for Neal's replacement by their college O-line coach.

Going forward there's at least a four-way fight for Neal's back-up/replacement (it may go five-way if Dante decides to keep Vollmer at RT and slide Kaczur inside). I like the kids involved - all of them. Going way out on the limb to tick off the hang Kaczur crowd :D : Imagine if Mankins was flipped to RG, Kaczur was left at RT, Light is slid inside to LG, and Vollmer gets the fulltime LT gig. Could be fun. :popcorn:

I've felt for a while that K was a bubble starter. I think that he does his job to the best of his ability, takes coaching well, and can execute against mid and lower tier tallent. Do I feel that Vollmer is a better player? Yep. Do I think Vollmer is going to be a top three NFL tackle in a few years? Yep, that too.

In a pass heavy offense, you need a player with good footwork, wingspan, and hand technique on each side of the line. Nick is good, and serviceable at these things. Vollmer is exceptional. It also doesn't hurt that Vollmer is lethal run blocking and accelerates like an end in the screen game.

Whatever his injury or issue Kaczur is currently having, it is preventing him from executing. He's over reaching on speed stuff, and is getting stood up on the power stuff. It's only natural to have your best players on the field, and that means that Vollmer needs to start on the right side.

I agree with most of this.

I've never been a Kaczur hater, but I've always felt that Kaczur was upgradeable, I've argued in favor of an upgrade in the past, and I feel that Vollmer would be an upgrade. A healthy Kaczur and a health Neal is adequate, though not spectacular. An injured Kaczur with Connolly next to him is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back