PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's See if it Was the Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My theory on Brady's horrible HF performance is the field. Which is now gone. Yes, I know the other QB plays on it too. But while Brady is great mentally when he's on control, he's a little bit of a prissy queen mentally when he's not in control. The crown on Buffalo's field. The new WR (when other QB have done OK with new WR). And the field. I am very confident that he had gotten to the point where he hated the field as he couldn't plant on it so instead of driving through the ball he was having to get it out however he could and we saw the results. Again, I know both teams play on it and Brady has done alright before but I think the field had beaten him mentally. Really there's no other way to explain this year where he has looked fantastic on the road (GB, Minn, Cin, Buf and largely NYJ).

But excuse time is over in 6 days :) . . . admittedly against a tough defense.

BelichickFan said:
...Really there's no other way to explain this year where he has looked fantastic on the road (GB, Minn, Cin, Buf and largely NYJ).

But excuse time is over in 6 days :) . . . admittedly against a tough defense.
Let's not forget that every single one of those teams has a record of .500 and below, which can be telling or not.
Not one of them should be underestimated, but not one should be over estimated. It's impossible to determine what will happen in the NFL, any team can win any game.

fleabassist1 said:
Let's not forget that every single one of those teams has a record of .500 and below, which can be telling or not.
Not one of them should be underestimated, but not one should be over estimated. It's impossible to determine what will happen in the NFL, any team can win any game.
Brady doesn't pass the eye test at home, though. Missing wide open WR I don't care how good the opponent is, he just hasn't passed like he did yesterday.

The words "Queen" and "Prissy" should never be attributed to Thomas Brady by a Patsfan, leave that to the trolls.

:D

Thus it is written.

Brownfan80 said:
The words "Queen" and "Prissy" should never be attributed to Thomas Brady by a Patsfan, leave that to the trolls.

:D

Thus it is written.
Ubderstood - but I think what I said is true.

This is not going to be that difficult a game in my mind. Hear me out first.

The Bears schedule so far:
Green Bay Won 26-0 (bad overall team)
Detroit Won 34-7 (another bad team)
Minnesota Won 19-16 (the team is now showwing their true colors and falling off from where they had been)
Seattle Won 37-6 (a player less team no offensive line and no Alexander = Hasselbeck was killed)
Buffalo Won 40-7 (JP Losman couldn't name you one offensive play from that game since he met more Beras players than Buffalo players on that day)
Arizona Won 24-23 (close game, but they let them off the hook)
Week 7 BYE
San Francisco Won 41-10 (San Francisco runs a pretty bland offense stop Gore and you shut down the team)
Miami Lost 13-31 (Did exactly what most teams havent done. Play better defense against the Bears Off. They scored i believe one offensive TD but forcing turnovers and stopping their offense had lost them that game)
N.Y. Giants Won 38-20 (What a boring game this was Bears ST killed Giants)
N.Y. Jets Won 10-0 (This was a close game all day. The Jets defense had shut down the Bears offense and even with the last 4 minutes in the game i still think the Jets had a shot.)

The key to this game for us is stopping Hester on their special teams and keeping their offense in their own territory. The Jets did this pretty much the entire game and could have won. The Dolphins did the same and executed really well forcing Grossman to make turnovers.

If anyone on this board expects Brady to go out and throw his way to victory forget it. If anyone thinks they can run their way to victory forget it. Your going to have to beat down the Bears run game and get to Grossman and force him to make dumb plays.

This game will be won on defense for one team.

BelichickFan said:

We're all entitled to our opinions. :D

I suggest the following word subsitutions to detrollify your original post:

My theory on Brady's horrible HF performance is the field. Which is now gone. Yes, I know the other QB plays on it too. But while Brady is great mentally when he's on control, he's a little bit inconsistent mentally when he's not in control. The crown on Buffalo's field. The new WR (when other QB have done OK with new WR). And the field. I am very confident that he had gotten to the point where he hated the field as he couldn't plant on it so instead of driving through the ball he was having to get it out however he could and we saw the results. Again, I know both teams play on it and Brady has done alright before but I think the field had beaten him mentally. Really there's no other way to explain this year where he has looked fantastic on the road (GB, Minn, Cin, Buf and largely NYJ).

But excuse time is over in 6 days . . . admittedly against a tough defense.

Inconsistent! Brings Brady's decisions into question without bringing down his Toughness Level. (The whole goat debacle did enough damage to that, yeesh).

SeanBruschi54 said:
If anyone on this board expects Brady to go out and throw his way to victory forget it.
What I do expect is that when Brady has protection that he looks good. The high throws he's made at home are exactly what you'd expect from a tentative QB who doesn't trust his bottom half and just slings it with his upper body without a strong follow through due to shoddy footing.

BelichickFan said:

No, what you said is utter bullsh1t, worthy of a troll.

Completely wrong.

Get a clue about what Brady has faced with lack of protection, lack of continuity on offense, lack of imaginative playcalling, bad weather conditions, and add everything up before you start acting like some kneejerk fanchild and calling Brady names that he clearly doesn't deserve.

Brady has never given up in a game. He could have made a comeback in the Jets and Colts games if he was surrounded by talent.

Garbage.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

Completely wrong.

Get a clue about what Brady has faced with lack of protection, lack of continuity on offense, lack of imaginative playcalling, bad weather conditions, and add everything up before you start acting like some kneejerk fanchild and calling Brady names that he clearly doesn't deserve.

Brady has never given up in a game. He could have made a comeback in the Jets and Colts games if he was surrounded by talent.

Garbage.
You may not like my wording but the point remains the same. The field bothering Brady mentally more than other QB is the only way to explain the different in consistency of throws at home vs. on the road.

BelichickFan said:
You may not like my wording but the point remains the same. The field bothering Brady mentally more than other QB is the only way to explain the different in consistency of throws at home vs. on the road.

I also do not like your wording if it is intended to say Tom does not have
mental toughness. I think he has proven that over and over in some pretty
tough situations.

That he get ticked off when he is losing is a fact but what good QB doesn't.

BTW, the field at the Blade wasn't all in his head. They have been more than
one outsider observed Tom's footing slip on the sand! :eek:

That it effected him more than QBs from other team may have to do with his trying to compensate week after week in practice and at home games.
Other QBs come in once and don't have that mental picture of the field the
way it is and all the negative experiences to remember.

To use words that reflect negatively on Tom mental toughness is absurd.
IMO.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

Completely wrong.

Garbage.

I took the high road and said 'We're all entitled to our opinions' or whatever, but yeah.

Brady (besides three bad games) has played lights out this season, even in the face of 80% turnover and a new lineup on the OL (even Light and Koppen have taken some time to return to pre-injury form).

JR4 said:
I also do not like your wording if it is intended to say Tom does not have
mental toughness. I think he has proven that over and over in some pretty
tough situations.

That he get ticked off when he is losing is a fact but what good QB doesn't.

BTW, the field at the Blade wasn't all in his head. They have been more than
one outsider observed Tom's footing slip on the sand! :eek:

That it effected him more than QBs from other team may have to do with his trying to compensate week after week in practice and at home games.
Other QBs come in once and don't have that mental picture of the field the
way it is and all the negative experiences to remember.

To use words that reflect negatively on Tom mental toughness is absurd.
IMO.

Brady has struggled at times to find his synch and timing with his new WRs and his new OL, having the field further muck up an already developing timing is a recipe for disaster. I think the new field will probably help Brady as much as BF thinks it will, but I agree with you that the help will be physical and not mental. Brady's mind is one of the most dependable in football, but when he can't plant and can't evade the rush because of a ****ty field, then his mind doesn't mean squat.

So anyway, yay for the new field.

Where are those pictures we were promised by Reiss?? Damnit!

Brownfan80 said:
I took the high road and said 'We're all entitled to our opinions' or whatever, but yeah.

Brady (besides three bad games) has played lights out this season, even in the face of 80% turnover and a new lineup on the OL (even Light and Koppen have taken some time to return to pre-injury form).
Sigh. I stand behind my wording but moving on from that . . .

The stuff you described is the same on the road and at home. His passer rating at home is 72.2 and on the road it's 106.2.

If those were their season numbers, 72.2 would make him the 28th rated QB. 106.2 would make him the 1st rated QB.

He's the best QB in the league on the road and just about the worst when he's at home. Pick whatever words you want to replace mine, the point is value and Sunday will be telling.

I think this will help the whole team play a little better. But the SNF game vs the Colts. His first two interceptions were embarassing and had nothing to do with the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes