PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's say McCourty walks. What is the plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duron Harmon as a replacement?

I doubt there is a plan unless you consider Harmon and Wilson adequate replacements.
There is no one in free agency or the draft that you can plug in who can perform as well as
McCourty. If Revis also leaves, the Patriots will be cellar dwellers on defense.

I doubt there is a plan unless you consider Harmon and Wilson adequate replacements.
There is no one in free agency or the draft that you can plug in who can perform as well as
McCourty. If Revis also leaves, the Patriots will be cellar dwellers on defense.

I dont buy that at all. That is such defeatist crap.

Did some of you start following this team the last couple of years?

The king is dead. Long live the king!

New year new team new players and old players doing new things...that's the plan Stan.

Logan Ryan would take over as the centerfield safety. He has good ball skills and is a sound tackler, I think it would actually be a better fit for him than CB.

If you are looking to free up space cut Amendola and Arrington with 6/1 designations. Tavon Wilson also frees up about a $1M if you cut him. Both players are overpaid and no more than role players at best. Suggesting cutting someone like Ninkovich and keeping those 2 is craziness:

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
How does Bernard Pollard sound at 1/4 the cost ?

why is mccourty talking so openly all of a sudden? i don't like his latest comments.

anyway, i trust the hoodie.:cool: accept the offer or GTFO mccourty.

Same. Bill will do what's best for the team.

I dont buy that at all. That is such defeatist crap.

Did some of you start following this team the last couple of years?
As a matter of fact 1959. I attended my first game on 9/9/1960.

Devin's quotes make me pessimistic. I'm starting to think that, unfortunately he will no longer be a Patriot. That makes me a little sad to see a really great team player leave us. If this is indeed the case, a deal w/Revis becomes more important than ever. The drop off for the secondary will be severe if we can't get it done.

McCourty is just butt-hurt that they didn't franchise tag him. Tagging him would have been stupid. Paying absolute top dollar on a one-year deal with the worst possible cap hit. There's no benefit to the Pats in tagging him at all. If they want to pay him $9 million a year, they would do a 5 year $45 million deal and at least be able to spread the cap hit out. It never made any sense to tag a safety at $9 million.

McCourty is just butt-hurt that they didn't franchise tag him. Tagging him would have been stupid. Paying absolute top dollar on a one-year deal with the worst possible cap hit. There's no benefit to the Pats in tagging him at all. If they want to pay him $9 million a year, they would do a 5 year $45 million deal and at least be able to spread the cap hit out. It never made any sense to tag a safety at $9 million.

Uh just last week McCoury said that him being franchised would be, and I quote, the "worst case scenario." So no I don't think he's mad about this.

If you are looking to free up space cut Amendola and Arrington with 6/1 designations. . Both players are overpaid and no more than role players at best.
Name a better slot CB with awesome ST ability that makes less

So are we currently 11.3 million over the cap with the tagging of gotkowski?

Guys maybe I was watching the wrong tape, but all I ever saw was mccourty getting over to help the corners way too late. Is he really the player you guys think he is?

The nfl network insider on tv said revis wanting big dollar big guaranteed money on contract. Bb probably not willing to go there which means bb will release revis before the option comes due.

Uh just last week McCoury said that him being franchised would be, and I quote, the "worst case scenario." So no I don't think he's mad about this.

That's taking his quote a bit out of context. It was a "what me worry" kind of quote, that getting franchised was the worst thing that could happen and that would be pretty sweet, playing for the Pats for $9 million a year.

To me, his quotes today sound like it dawned on him for the first time that he really might not be with the Pats next years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes