PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets not blame Brady.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulk's fumble was around midfield. That was bad, but handing the ball over at the 50 doesn't cost points.

We would have been 9-10 against a very tough defense, with our offense and defense working well. Instead we were 6-17. Brady's interception transformed a one-point game into a an 11 point game, the largest deficit in his playoff career, against a very stingy defense. This play turned the game around.

I agree that Troy's muff made the comeback all but impossible.

Hobbs added the icing on the cake.

So, yes I agree that these othes share the blame; but for me the key plays were Brady's and Brown's.

ATippett56 said:
Brady shoulders SOME of the blame along with the following players:

Kevin Faulk
Ellis Hobbs
Troy Brown

No one respects Tom Brady more than me...he has been the most clutch quarterback in the NFL from 2001-present, and there's STILL no QB I'd rather have behind center when you need to win. But to NOT place a good chunk of the blame on him for last night's debacle is extremely short-sighted. There is tons of blame to go around, obviously, but the turning point of that game was CLEARLY Brady's horrible pick. If Tom simply chucks that three rows deep, it's 10-9, New England still has all the momentum, despite the end of the half crap, and it's a 15 minute ballgame. To go from 10-9 to 17-6 was the back-breaker.

Couple that unsightly pick with missing a wide-open Troy Brown in the fourth, missing Christian Fauria on 4th down in the first, missing a wide-open Ben Watson in the fourth, and this was a shaky at BEST performance for Brady. Granted he was pressured throughout, but he could have, and HAS made those throws in the past. Denver and Miami are clearly Tom's achilles heels...

I love Tom Brady, but I do blame him for most of this loss. That int was one of the worst throws I have ever seen him make...and the worst part was there was NO reason for. Throw that ball away and we are down by 1pt. vs. 11pts.

Yeah, I am a huge TB fan but for the next couple of weeks/month, I WILL BLAME TOM BRADY FOR THIS LOSS! I give the guy all the credit in the world for wins and he deserves to get the kick in the butt for this one!

re:

I agree Tom's pick at the goal line changed the entire game. Instead of making the score 13-10 or 9-10, it became a 10 point swing the other way. They dug themselves in too deep from that mistake.

I will say, in his defense, that his O-Line was being man-handled all night and he was getting knocked off his feet after most of his throws. I am sure the pressure resulted in that mistake.

Also, let's put this in perspective - Tom Brady is still one of the best pressure QB's in history. Before last night's game, it was found that in NFL all-time post season history, Tom Brady had the lowest interception to pass ratio of any other quarterback.

It was an all-around loss by everyone. Faulk killed a drive, Hobbs and Troy gave them great field position.

What can you do but re-tool and begin another run?

ATippett56 said:
Brady shoulders SOME of the blame along with the following players:

Kevin Faulk
Ellis Hobbs
Troy Brown

Exactly...this was a team loss. We could blame the old veteran Brown, the young rook Hobbs, or the prime Pats Brady and Faulk. Brady played fine overall, but made a mistake there.

....yeah something in the water maybe because even Vinateri missed a FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back