PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets not blame Brady.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Granted that was ill adivised throw in the end zone, but I will not blame brady for this loss... it was a team thing, unfortunitly the defense came thru today, which makes it more difficulit to take... But please dont blame Brady.....

Not at all, without Brady = NO Super Bowl wins!!

Remember Bledsoe the second coming?? He sure stunk up the Super Bowl he was in....as I recall 3 INTs in the game against green bay!!

I'm sure Brady will rebound!

Thanks Tom for a GREAT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Who is blaming Brady ? 15 TD's and 5 INT's in 11 playoff games, A 10-1 playoff record. Passed for 341 yards today, and they were in his face all night, so if anyone says he choked doesn't know anything about football. The last INT was somewhat questionable. Definate pass intereferance. Not going to blame the refs for this loss, 5 turnovers lost this game. Outgained Denver 420-286 in yardage, pretty much shutdown their running game. Turnovers kill, and I've never seen a team give up 5 turnovers and win. The Broncos scored 24 points because of the turnovers. Certainly, you can blame Brady for the INT's (especially Bailey's), but not for the loss.

The drunk is just trying to console himself, because in fact, he wants to blaim brady for the loss.

I wonder if your backup qb would have made that throw to Champ??

lol :singing:

scott99 said:
Who is blaming Brady ? 15 TD's and 5 INT's in 11 playoff games, A 10-1 playoff record. Passed for 341 yards today, and they were in his face all night, so if anyone says he choked doesn't know anything about football. The last INT was somewhat questionable. Definate pass intereferance. Not going to blame the refs for this loss, 5 turnovers lost this game. Outgained Denver 420-286 in yardage, pretty much shutdown their running game. Turnovers kill, and I've never seen a team give up 5 turnovers and win. The Broncos scored 24 points because of the turnovers. Certainly, you can blame Brady for the INT's (especially Bailey's), but not for the loss.

The last pass was pass interference???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG.....anyone else want to make a bogus claim....I thought the "Ohhhhhh Bailey fumbled the ball out of the endzone FOR SURE" claim was funny, but this is close....

broncoted said:
The last pass was pass interference???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG.....anyone else want to make a bogus claim....I thought the "Ohhhhhh Bailey fumbled the ball out of the endzone FOR SURE" claim was funny, but this is close....

Did you even watch the game ? There was more PI on that play than the one called on Samuel, that's for sure. But I'm not gonna blame the refs, the Pats had 5 turnovers, most of them forced by the Broncos. That's what lost the game. The Broncos were the better team, period. Congrats and celebrate it with a Coors Light, one of my faves. Denver has a very good team, some great fans, and may very well win it all. Congrats again.

i dont blame brady at all. he did make one big mistake, he should have thrown that ball away insted of forced it in there. otherwise he was good

I'm sorry. I don't get it. Brady gets credit when he has good and great game, good and great season. But when he has a stinker and makes key mistakes, he can't take the blame? Brady throught the interception and missed many, many open receivers.

Brady shoulders much of the blame. Brady himself understands that. Fans should also.

i do not blame Brady - why i-we should blame him ?

Thanks to Brady we are where we are...

Grazie Tom !
Grazie Pats

and

Grazie BEN WATSON (WHAT A PLAY...I WILL NEVER FORGET IT !)

mgteich said:
I'm sorry. I don't get it. Brady gets credit when he has good and great game, good and great season. But when he has a stinker and makes key mistakes, he can't take the blame? Brady throught the interception and missed many, many open receivers.

Brady shoulders much of the blame. Brady himself understands that. Fans should also.

Brady shoulders SOME of the blame along with the following players:

Kevin Faulk
Ellis Hobbs
Troy Brown

mgteich said:

A buddy of mine who probably knows the game of football better than anyone I've ever met, called me before the game and said the one thing that he worried about for the Pats is that they wouldn't get any calls from the refs. He reminded me that this is a multi-billion dollar business and the general consensus was that NFL does not want the Pats in the superbowl again. He said if the Pats were to get by Denver then a rematch with Indy or Pitt team gave the Pats a good chance to win the AFC. (Teams that they beat more often than not). And this friend is not a Pat fan. He's a Bills fan.
One team having a monopoly on championships is not good for football. Its great for us, but the NFL knew that we were not going back to the SB with a schedule that was called "Toughest in Elias Sports Bureau History". Sorry folks. But its the truth whether we like it or not.

Not Brady's best night...but he hung in there with the heart of a lion while getting pummeled. Without the three turnovers deep in Pats territory..they probably would have put over 500 yards on the Donkeys. He was on the bench most of the second half after they gave the ball up.

mgteich said:

Good point Mg. That was my take on the loss. Brady made some great throws, but he also missed on several scoring chances. He missed Branch in the corner of the end zone, he missed Watson, who was wide open at the ten, and he missed Brown who had two steps on his man in the end zone. Last night Brady was human.

Brady did not have his best game last night. He deserves some of the blame.
I blame the fumbles on special teams just a little bit more. Those fumbles gave that team extra downs and kept the offense off the field. Hobbs tried to do to much, and I'm not sure what happened to Brown. He's usually sure handed in those situations. The minute I saw Brown fumble, I knew that we were in trouble. BB did to. Did you guys see his reaction on the sidelines?

Last edited:
Wow...there seems to be some sentiment that:

Saying Brady had a bad game = being ungrateful for 3 SB wins.

Fact: Brady made an ill-advised pass which would turned a 10-9 game into 17-6
Fact: Brady somehow overthrows a lob pass by 15 yards to a wide open Brown in the end zone on the play before the missed FG

He was inaccurate on many other throws, but those two are game killers.

Plenty of Blame to go around. Faulk and Hobbs fumbling on baby-soft hits. Brown muffing a punt for the first time I can remember in his 11 years here.

This game reminds me of the 2001 AFCC at Pittsburgh. We outplayed Denver on offense and defense, and made enough bad plays on special teams to blow the game. It happens. It's a little strange that there are still games being played. But we'll bounce back next year.

Last edited:
mgteich said:

I agee that he should take some blame for the loss. He does get the glory for the wins.

This is not Tom bashing, I love the guy (in a football way), but he would tell you the same thing.

I love Brady too. But he wasn't good last night. In fact he wasn't good on the road this season overall throwing 1 more INT than TD. I'm not bashing him or blaming him but he needs to do better than that next season.

Brady definitely should shoulder a alot of the blame. Considering the fact that he was pretty much our offense and was under pressure most of the night, I thought he fought hard and went down like a champion. I'm sure glad he plays for us.

Bronco Freak said:
The drunk is just trying to console himself, because in fact, he wants to blaim brady for the loss.

I wonder if your backup qb would have made that throw to Champ??

lol :singing:

SHUT THE $%$%$# UP! Go elsewhere you poor winner. Congrats to the Broncos but not these a##holes.

Early in the second half the refs gave us two breaks, both non-calls on Samuel and Hawkins.

FloridaPatsFan said:
A buddy of mine who probably knows the game of football better than anyone I've ever met, called me before the game and said the one thing that he worried about for the Pats is that they wouldn't get any calls from the refs. He reminded me that this is a multi-billion dollar business and the general consensus was that NFL does not want the Pats in the superbowl again. He said if the Pats were to get by Denver then a rematch with Indy or Pitt team gave the Pats a good chance to win the AFC. (Teams that they beat more often than not). And this friend is not a Pat fan. He's a Bills fan.
One team having a monopoly on championships is not good for football. Its great for us, but the NFL knew that we were not going back to the SB with a schedule that was called "Toughest in Elias Sports Bureau History". Sorry folks. But its the truth whether we like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes