PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets name some names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT idea for a Thread, sir. :rocker:

Defensive End

JJ Watt ~ RAGING Scrapper. Absolutely BORN to play 5 Tech for the Patriots.

Cameron Heyward ~ Anchors with EXCEPTIONAL Gravitational Integrity. EXCELLENT Processing Speed. PERFECT.

Flanker

Aldon Smith ~ TERRIFYING amalgamation of Pass Rushing Tools, and the perfect Frame to develop into a stout Edge Setter.

Ryan Kerrigan ~ Master Craftsman. Hardest Working Man in the Class. Wins on Guile, Sweat, and Spit. BORN to be a Patriot.

Half Back ~ Hard Yard Masher

Allen Bradford ~ An HORRIFYING fusion of Explosion, Lateral Velocity, Balance, and Navigational Vision. A BRUTAL BEAST of a Runner, and a DEMOLISHING Blocker.

Full Back

Need I say it??

Owen Marecic ~ Tremendous Blocker. Full Bore SCRAPPER. Plays with Ferocity AND Intelligence. Absolutely BORN to be a Patriot.

Tight End

Lee Smith ~ An absolutely DESTRUCTIVE Blocker, Smith can also catch the ball. We need a 4th, and he would be PERFECT.

Quarter Back

Greg McElroy ~ ASTONISHING Command, Presence, and Processing Speed.

Boise St vs Utah tonight at 8.Some names to keep an eye on.

Boise St-98-Ryan Winterswyk-Had a down year.
1-Titus Young-Explosive playmaker at wr.

Utah-27-Brandon Burton-CB

Yikes!

If Nate Potter was a consideration for the Pats, he shouldn't be now.

JJ Watt
Justin Houston
Stefan Wisniewski
Karl Klug
:cool:

Quick thoughts on the suggestions so far.

Don't be so enamoured with the name Pouncey..Mike is not nearly as good as his brother.

I love Wisniewski, but #33 is way to high for him.

I love the Kerrigan pick !!

I have a gut feeling, and I really believe that Brandon Harris will be our first pick

I have a gut feeling, and I really believe that Brandon Harris will be our first pick

Ditto...and Justin Houston for 1b...then I believe it will be grizzly city picks from there on

Trade #33 to Houston for He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Trade 1a back into the 2nd round, getting a bunch of picks along the way.
Trade Big Bang Clock for whatever we can get for him.

Now, this is all assuming they declare, which many might not, and I’m also assuming an expanded roster:

In no particular order

- JJ Watt DE
- Aldon Smith OLB
- Mark Barron S
- Leonard Hankerson WR or Trade a 3rd and Taylor Price to Carolina in exchange for Steve Smith - WR
- Randall “Tex” Cobb WR
- Marcus Gilbert OT
- Phil Taylor DT/DE
- Clint Boiling OT/OG
- Andrew Jackson OG
- Lee Smith TE
- Zane Taylor C
- Owen Marecic FB
- Andy Dalton QB
- Da’Rel Scott RB

Also, I want BB to scoop up Jameson Konz after the Seahawks cut him, he can be a supersized version of Woodhead.

jameson-konz-kent-statejpg-6b20585bb225ac8b_large.jpg

Last edited:
These are my current guys I like.

1A. Anthony Castonzo – OT Boston College (6-7/308)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. All ACC First team in 2010. Nominated for a Rhodes scholarship in 2010.
Four year starter with 53 consecutive starts. Good at both pass blocking and run blocking. Needs to work on his strength a little but that shouldn’t be a problem. Last year the draft class was used to bring youth to the Defense (youngest in the league). This year the offense gets its youth injection starting in the trenches. The OL prospects from last year got picked up by other teams after final cuts (Larsen – TB, Welch – Min) so the cupboard is a little bare. If they can resign Matt Light to a couple of years he will have a nice bridge to the future LT job and form a great tandem with Vollmer at RT.

1B. Cameron Jordan – DE/DT California (6-4/283)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. All PAC-10 First team in 2010. This years’ version of Tyson Alualu. Cameron Jordan is poised to fly up draft boards with his incredible play of late. 6 sacks in 2010 (17 in Career) so he can get to the QB. Has experience playing the 5 technique since Cal runs a 3-4 defense so will have a lower learning curve. They may have to move up a few spots to get ahead of the Jets to get him since they also need a 3-4 DE but that shouldn’t be too costly. Jordan along with a returning Ty Warren and emerging Brace and Deaderick should form a solid DL rotation.

2A. Jeremy Beal – DE/OLB Oklahoma (6-3/267)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. Big-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year 2010. All Big-12 First team in 2010.
The front seven is always a priority, especially the pass rush. Beal is a great DE/OLB prospect, and could really bring some pressure in the Patriots system. Beal has a great motor and an insane work ethic. 10 sacks in 2010 (28 in career). Has the athleticism to drop into coverage as well.

2B. John Moffitt – G/C Wisconsin (6-5/323)
RS Senior, 2010 Team Captain. All-Big Ten First team in 2009 and 2010. Played center before the 2009 season before switching to LG so has versatility to play both. Good size and reasonably good strength... Good run blocker, with very solid power... Very solid pass blocker... Sets up reasonably quick... Patient, can sit back in his stance and absorb contact, good anchor...This would be a good second piece to the new revamped OL and a replacement for Mankins if he leaves or a future replacement for Koppen if Mankins stays.

3A. Leonard Hankerson – WR Miami (6-3/215)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. All ACC First team in 2010. Third player in Miami history to record 1000 yd season (Eddie Brown-1983, Andre Johnson-2002) and first to have 2000 yds in career and 1000 yds in a season. 12 TD’s in 2010 broke Michael Irvin’s mark of 11 set in 1986. Top Senior WR but because there are so many Junior WR’s coming out he slips a little bit. Should provide good competition for Tate/Edleman for the 3rd WR spot and could eventually be the replacement for Branch.

3B. Daniel Thomas – RB Kansas State (6-2/228)
Senior, 2010 Player Representative (15 players Team Captains are selected from). All Big-12 Second team in 2010. Big bruising 2 year starter that amassed 1495 yards and 16 TD’s this past year and has a career 5.3 yard avg. Also caught 25 balls per year so can be a receiving threat out of the backfield as well. Had two huge bookend games this year with 234 yds Vs. UCLA and then closed out the year with 269 yds at North Texas. Should be a good complement to BJGE and Woody.

4. Quinton Carter – FS Oklahoma (6-1/200)
5th yr Senior, All Big-12 First Team. 92 Tackles, 4 Int in 2010. Carter is exactly the type of versatile defensive back the Patriots are looking for to slow down the pass-happy offenses in today's game. He has played strong and free safety in Bob Stoops' defense at Oklahoma because of his physicality and speed; his ability to make the big hit, support the run, play centerfielder, or even line up in man coverage is rare among college safeties. Exceptional leader on the field and in the locker room.

Not sold on Castonzo even if he is a 4 year starter. Would like to see Jerrell Jernigan WR Troy as 1st pick 2nd round. May have to make Jordam 1A pick and Gabe Carimi might be available at 1B. I think Mark Herzlich will drop because of his cancer (even if in remission). Patriots have all those picks why not take a flyer on Herzlich and I guarantee you he won't be flopping around like Cunningham or Ninkovich when in pass coverage. Best colledge LB I have ever seen in pass coverage. Got to find a way to draft Lee Ziemba Auburn OG, like Moffitt , 4 year starter, 4 yr starter in SEC!!! 2nd team all american.

Round 1.

marcel dareus DE
cameron heyward (late) DE
cameron jordan DE

Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
Von Miller OLB
Mikel Leshore (RB)

Dan Watkins OT/G Baylor
Steven Schilling OG Michigan

Mark Herzlich LB BC

Zane Taylor C utah
ryan pugh c auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back