PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's keep things in perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
People outside the New England fan base are already making the Patriots the favorites for Super Bowl 42.

We came within a 1st down of being in the Super Bowl this season. We've added AD and Welker and with those two alone look to have really improved the team. Let's not make the mistake though of thinking it's that easy.

I'll always remember the Bills fans back in 2002. They had played us down to the wire both games in 01 and weren't even that good. All the Bills fans mentioned that, then said adding Bledsoe will obviously put them over the top. Their overall record improved but we beat the piss out of them both times.

Same with the Miami fans this year. They had finished the season strong and added Cullpepper. They were going to take over the East. Look how that worked out.

We should be better. We're not close to being done this offseason and already we look better on paper. But other teams change too. Some will get better, some will get worse.

I just don't think we should be making hotel reservations in Arizona already.

so basically WE'RE DOOMED

I agree that people do go overboard sometimes, but this situation is nothing like normal, "Holy crap! They were 10-6 last year and they signed Player X! That fills their one hole and now they will only get better!" circumstance.

Normally two things are prevailing when this happens.

1) The team is an up-and-comer
2) The teams record was inflated by circumstance.

Neither of these apply to NE. If anything they are exactly the opposite.

As always, injuries will affect everything, but I will be very surpirsed if NE wins less than 12 games next year.

I think the Pats are a favorite for the Super Bowl. It is far too early to label anyone the overall favorite though.

As always, injuries will affect everything, but I will be very surpirsed if NE wins less than 12 games next year.

Even with their schedule....... :cool:

I don't think they are done either. Value shopping ain't even started yet (actually it has, but well.... you know what I mean ;) )

Last edited:
Let's face it.... anything less than a Superbowl Victory will be looked upon as a failure. They will have the same mentality of the 49ers of the 80's. I'm sure losing like they did made them feel ill, presently makes them feel ill, and will continue to make them feel ill until they win another.

People outside the New England fan base are already making the Patriots the favorites for Super Bowl 42.

We came within a 1st down of being in the Super Bowl this season. We've added AD and Welker and with those two alone look to have really improved the team. Let's not make the mistake though of thinking it's that easy.

I'll always remember the Bills fans back in 2002. They had played us down to the wire both games in 01 and weren't even that good. All the Bills fans mentioned that, then said adding Bledsoe will obviously put them over the top. Their overall record improved but we beat the piss out of them both times.

Same with the Miami fans this year. They had finished the season strong and added Cullpepper. They were going to take over the East. Look how that worked out.

We should be better. We're not close to being done this offseason and already we look better on paper. But other teams change too. Some will get better, some will get worse.

I just don't think we should be making hotel reservations in Arizona already.

Zackly.

We have upgraded with Thomas and treaded water with the three other pickups. I think they're good necessity moves, but did not make the Pats more of a threat (okay, Welker adds great depth on STs, and we all like him as a receiver... but it's not like adding a Javon Walker or someone. He's JAG, but with VERSATILITY, and at a primary position where JAGs are the order of the day.)

Now, you could say adding that depth is exactly what we need to make it... and you'd be right. It just doesn't make us, ahem, a lights-out SB favorite.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back