PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's hire this guy after Belichick retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belichick suddenly retired, my odds (in order from highest to lowest) would be on Capers, then Scharneccia, then Pees, then McDaniels. Luckily, I don't see Belichick retiring for a long, long time - this is a man for whom coaching football is life. I simply can't imagine what he'd do without it.

I don't know . . . that dude strikes me as the anti-Belichick. Imagine if BB singled out guys--to the media, no less!

First of all, welcome to the Board.

But, I disagree. Whoever replaces Belichick won't be his clone. My thoughts were exactly those of the OP when I listened to Singletary's comments: damn, I'd like someone like him to succeed Belichick. Belichick is/was/will always be great because he was unique. That's what the players respect and that's what wins. We won't want some guy whose trying to be Bill Belichick. No one can be Belichick. The next "Bill Belichick" will be great because he is who he is, not because he's trying to be someone else.

But, this is premature. I hope that Coach is walking the sidelines in Foboro for a long time to come.

I love the message. There'a a new sheriff in town. Kiddie camp is over.

More leadership...less management.

Would have been better to keep it out of the media, tho.

I love the message. There'a a new sheriff in town. Kiddie camp is over.

More leadership...less management.

Would have been better to keep it out of the media, tho.

And to not take his pants down. :eek:

Absolutely not. That's all I have to say.

I'll take Bill's absolute hatred of losing over Singletary's passion, any day.

i'm not comparing him to bb. bb has three sb's and an undefeated season.

singeltary has never been a coach.

but i like that a coach is fired up.

different styles tho

I dont think an NFL coach should ever take down his pants.

although if he had actually done a dookie, and then said, thats how you guys played, i would have been impressed.

Sickened, but impressed.

You want a guy that pulls his pants down in front of the whole team in the locker room at halftime to make a point?

During his pre-game speech to the Bears before Super Bowl XX, Ditka mooned the team. Sometimes the strategy works.

Funny thread. But seriously, folks, some of the guys I would like to see replace BB (in maybe 10 years) are Pepper Johnson, Sean Peyton & Steve Spagnuolo.

Singletary must have seen the movie "Ass" in the Mike Judge flick "Idiocracy."

anyone think pepper johnson would be a good head coach?

During his pre-game speech to the Bears before Super Bowl XX, Ditka mooned the team. Sometimes the strategy works.
Do you have a link to any article saying that? I don't remember anything like that, but that Bears team was kind of loony for a great one.

Screw this clown. He's a mediocre coach on a crappy team pulling cheap stunts in an attempt to posture for a HC position. Kicking a player out of the game then reaming him out in the press conference are moves designed to get the press and sucker fans on your side. There is no evidence whatsoever that this guy is a good coach. This isn't high school, kicking a player out of the game for a penalty, dumb or otherwise, is just bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes