PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's hear it for the coordinators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Coordinators deserve a lot of credit for the gameplan and the adjustments in yesterday's game. Pees doesn't get any recognition either way and McDaniels gets too much undue criticism, but both were outstanding yesterday. I would give them both an A for their jobs, maybe an A- for the slow start.

Ok, fire away on how McDaniels sucked because so and so play didn't work. But he did a pretty good job yesterday.

Last edited:
I don't know about Pees, the secondary looked lost during the 1st half. BB even spoke of it in his post game conf. that they needed the extra time to get it figured out.

I don't know about Pees, the secondary looked lost during the 1st half. BB even spoke of it in his post game conf. that they needed the extra time to get it figured out.

I did say that they started slow. I will conceed that his initial gameplan was not sound (although it could have been rusty execution because of the rust of the bye), but his adjustments were brilliant.

I think the Coordinators deserve a lot of credit for the gameplan and the adjustments in yesterday's game. Pees doesn't get any recognition either way and McDaniels gets too much undue criticism, but both were outstanding yesterday. I would give them both an A for their jobs, maybe an A- for the slow start.

Ok, fire away on how McDaniels sucked because so and so play didn't work. But he did a pretty good job yesterday.

Uh, oh. Guilty as charged on Josh, here. Watching the game I cursed Josh McD when he called that limp behind the LOS pass to Welker when we were near our goal line. I thought it was a chickendroping surrender type call. But that aside, I thought he called a very good game for the offense. Look at the run game production and the high % pass completions both sustaining drive and robing SF of the clock. I liked Weis and I like McDaniels. He'll only get better, too.

Uh, oh. Guilty as charged on Josh, here. Watching the game I cursed Josh McD when he called that limp behind the LOS pass to Welker when we were near our goal line. I thought it was a chickendroping surrender type call. But that aside, I thought he called a very good game for the offense. Look at the run game production and the high % pass completions both sustaining drive and robing SF of the clock. I liked Weis and I like McDaniels. He'll only get better, too.

1-10-NE 4 (12:44) 39-L.Maroney right guard to NE 8 for 4 yards (32-M.Lewis; 52-P.Willis). 2-6-NE 8 (12:08) 39-L.Maroney left end to NE 8 for no gain (30-D.Strickland). 3-6-NE 8 (11:26) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short middle to 83-W.Welker to NE 8 for no gain (52-P.Willis). Caught at NE 6. 4-6-NE 8 (10:49) 6-C.Hanson punts 35 yards to NE 43, Center-66-L.Paxton. 22-N.Clements pushed ob at NE 30 for 13 yards (66-L.Paxton; 6-C.Hanson).

My goodness, that was a HORRIBLE series. Running Maroney into a stacked line just isn't going to get you a first down -- topped off by a 35-yard punt with a 13-yard return. :eek:

After that, things got much better, I'm happy to say -- but they only way they could go was up!

I was at the game directly behind the Pats bench and everytime I looked for BB when the Pats offense was on the field, BB was huddling with the defense. This happened just about everytime they were on offense in the first half. I was surprised that he had that much trust in McDaniels to just let him run the show.

I was at the game directly behind the Pats bench and everytime I looked for BB when the Pats offense was on the field, BB was huddling with the defense. This happened just about everytime they were on offense in the first half. I was surprised that he had that much trust in McDaniels to just let him run the show.

That is nothing new. From the beginning of last year, Belichick has spent a large portion of the time that the Pats are on offense with his back turned to the field working with the defense. I don't remember him doing that when Crennel was here or even the Mangini year (but that year he had rookie signal callers on both sides of the ball).

I know people hate McDaniels on this board, but Belichick does have the utmost confidence in the guy. I will take Belichick's opinion over anyone here (including myself) until McDaniels proves him wrong.

BB has been doing that all along, especially in last years SB. McDaniels gets good grades from me for his 30 point effort, 25 to 12 on 1st downs, nearly 40 minutes of possession, and 377 total yards of offense. This was a good week for the offense, lots of positives.

Was it trust in McDaniels, or BB recognizing that without him the D will do what it did against Miami?

That is nothing new. From the beginning of last year, Belichick has spent a large portion of the time that the Pats are on offense with his back turned to the field working with the defense. I don't remember him doing that when Crennel was here or even the Mangini year (but that year he had rookie signal callers on both sides of the ball).

I know people hate McDaniels on this board, but Belichick does have the utmost confidence in the guy. I will take Belichick's opinion over anyone here (including myself) until McDaniels proves him wrong.

My buddy's STs are in the 1st row behind the Pats D bench where we sit and yes, BB has ALWAYS spent much of the game huddled with the D. He obviously defers to Josh and before him Charlie Weis. He's always inserted himself into the defensive coordinator's back yard. He is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back