PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's go Redsox *Clap clap clap clap calp*

This was years ago. Troy Brown got a huge return called back for a penalty and the stupid Bosox crowd cheered the box score up on the ticker. Damien Woody was quoted as being really confused why the crowd had cheered that.

No big deal though. This is a region where people chant Yankees Suck at a wedding.

I remember it well. It was a game against the Titans. Still nobody cheered a penalty as you described. And if it was such a big deal and the Patriots didn't want fans cheering for other Boston sports teams then they wouldn't show updates in stadium like they did.

I was born and bred all sports Boston. Though we have our ups and downs I'm always willing to give props and recognition to all their accomplishments.

It's a big deal to play in the World Series never mind win it. To be the 109th team to win it would be awesome. it's not either teams fault that the World Series is played in October and Super Bowl in February. If they were somehow reversed I'm sure most Sox fans would break out Pats fans chants to make you even more miserable.

Btw having all 4 sports teams in one state is pretty rare and I appreciate that fact.

" Re: Let's go Redsox *Clap clap clap clap calp* - I hate our fans."

I just hate some of our fans.

Get a grip of yourself!

Uh oh, maybe you need to hate the whole team/management?

1385437_10151962831512372_1439884783_n.jpg

It's ridiculous to complain about this. I'd say its a safe assumption that most Pats fans are Red Sox fans and vice versa. The team being in the World Series is a big deal. Do you really not think there would be a similar chant if the Pats were in a Superbowl and somehow the Red Sox were playing a game a Fenway? They did it for the Bruins and Celtics. Stop using your personal feelings about the Red Sox as an excuse to be a buzzkill.

At Super Bowl 38, I saw almost as many Red Sox hats and stuff as Patriots attire.

Boston/NE is a baseball town and for many the Red Sox come first and then the Pats. For me the Pats are first, but Im proud when a Boston team wins in any sport.

Btw having all 4 sports teams in one state is pretty rare and I appreciate that fact.

And having all 4 of them winning at least one championship since 2001 is even more remarkable. Boston: City of Champions!

One of he strangest things I have encountered in my adult life is a Pats fan who is also a (barf) yankmees fan. I guess it takes all kinds. :bricks:
I used to mistakenly believe if you were born in New England, you were automatically a Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celts fan. Guess I was wrong.

Remember when one of the Patriots players started a Yankees suck chant during the Super Bowl championship parade?

I remember hearing it on Bourbon st., the night before the Super Bowl. It was always about the Red Sox. This Patriots-are-#1-in-new-england thing is completely new, compared the the history of the Sox. The sawx play in a building that opened in 19freakin12 for pete's sake! The Pats play in a building that opened yesterday, in comparison.

The Pats circa 2001 changed the rules, to be sure, but you ain't undoing 100 years of history with three Lombardis. The Pats have come a long way, and they are #1, but I think you'll find that the Sawx have staying power. Wait and see how the pink hat pats fans run for the exits when Belichick and Brady retire. First 8-8 season, and they'll be wanting to string up Jonathan Kraft.

One of he strangest things I have encountered in my adult life is a Pats fan who is also a (barf) yankmees fan. I guess it takes all kinds. :bricks:
I used to mistakenly believe if you were born in New England, you were automatically a Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celts fan. Guess I was wrong.

LOL ... where I live in RI there are a lot of Yankee's / NY Giants fans ... guys who liked these teams passed down from their dads. Giants because that was mostly what we saw due to the Patriots never selling out before Bledsoe and the Yankees because of DiMaggio ... a great player who was also of Italian heritage which compromised much of my town back in the mid 1900's.

It's all good ... I never brag and I can't stand people that do ... more fun that way.

LOL ... where I live in RI there are a lot of Yankee's / NY Giants fans ... guys who liked these teams passed down from their dads. Giants because that was mostly what we saw due to the Patriots never selling out before Bledsoe and the Yankees because of DiMaggio ... a great player who was also of Italian heritage which compromised much of my town back in the mid 1900's.

It's all good ... I never brag and I can't stand people that do ... more fun that way.
sounds like where I grew up in Brockton ma. also once a very Italian city. rocky Marciano comes to mind.

I was at the spygate game vs the Jets.

I flew in for the game and rented my car. Upon leaving the lot a born and bred NYer at the exit gate confessed to me that he was a Red Sox fan when he saw my Pats stuff. He poured his heart out how his family was brutal to him because they were all Yankee fans.

I'll bet that guy is laughing now.

The NY Giants were the only pro football team near NE before the Pats in 1960.

There are still Giants fans around. My old neighbor back in Mass and his son are Giants fans.

yes he did. I used to work right across the st from his trainers gym.

He is one of the greatest fighters ever.

67 fights and only lost 3 and had 2 draws. 2 losses in 76 and his last loss 11 years later in 87 vs Ray Leonard which would be his final fight. Hagler hounded for a rematch, but Leonard wouldnt fight Hagler again because he knew that he would lose.

I remember hearing it on Bourbon st., the night before the Super Bowl. It was always about the Red Sox. This Patriots-are-#1-in-new-england thing is completely new, compared the the history of the Sox. The sawx play in a building that opened in 19freakin12 for pete's sake! The Pats play in a building that opened yesterday, in comparison.

The Pats circa 2001 changed the rules, to be sure, but you ain't undoing 100 years of history with three Lombardis. The Pats have come a long way, and they are #1, but I think you'll find that the Sawx have staying power. Wait and see how the pink hat pats fans run for the exits when Belichick and Brady retire. First 8-8 season, and they'll be wanting to string up Jonathan Kraft.

Definitely this. Nobody will talk about the Pats round here as soon as they're done. Pats just haven't been around enough and just don't integrate themselves with the city as much as the Sox do. Really wished Kraft bought the Globe.

He is one of the greatest fighters ever.

67 fights and only lost 3 and had 2 draws. 2 losses in 76 and his last loss 11 years later in 87 vs Ray Leonard which would be his final fight. Hagler hounded for a rematch, but Leonard wouldnt fight Hagler again because he knew that he would lose.

OT: I need to see that fight again. Leonard outsmarted Hagler before the fight, but I don't think he actually won it.

I've met Leonard a handful of times living in LA and thought about ribbing him a bit, but he doesn't come across as the kind of guy who would take it the right way.

Uh oh, maybe you need to hate the whole team/management?

1385437_10151962831512372_1439884783_n.jpg

Belichick, too, according to the link here: "Another championship banner in Boston," Belichick said this morning in his first comments since Wednesday night's World Series conclusion. "Congratulations to the Red Sox. That's great. It's awesome."

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back