PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's go Ravens (gulp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN earlier today said over the past month,The Cleveland Browns have had the best defensive stats in the NFL while the Texans have been the worst.

That is one incredible statistic considering the worst defense over the past month is in command of the #1 seed while the best defense is going golfing 4 weeks from now.

ESPN earlier today said over the past month,The Cleveland Browns have had the best defensive stats in the NFL while the Texans have been the worst.

That is one incredible statistic considering the worst defense over the past month is in command of the #1 seed while the best defense is going golfing 4 weeks from now.

I can't say I've really followed them, but haven't the Browns gotten a boatload of draft picks over the past few years? From the Sanchez trade and Julio Jones trade? Seems some of that should start to pay off.

are you ******ed or what? if ravens win they got the seed no matter what...with a loss of ours.

Purple is the color Sunday. Playoff scenarios make for strange bedfellows...

Perhaps, but I'm still holding out for the asteroid strike. :D

Perhaps, but I'm still holding out for the asteroid strike. :D
i know. I'm still not sure I can do it. As someone posted earlier, how about a tie???

I say root for the Colts..If pats take care of business and texans lose one more the road to the superbowl goes through Foxboro no matter what the Broncos do
Ta Dah......The voice of.."It is what it is!!"

The Ravens will lose out.
They have peaked; they are trending South.

The Texans may implode too. This will be interesting to watch as the Colts make a move. I will not be surprised to see the Texans give up the division. That would really change the way we look at the playoff picture.

The Texans need to prove a lot this week. I smell a possible Red Soxian style collapse (ie., worse than the Soviet Union.)

Unless I'm missing something, a Ravens win gives the Pats breathing room for second seed. Pats and Broncs both 10-3, Ravens 9-4; so Balt win means they and Denver are both 10-4 -- 1 game behind Pats pending the Niners game. If Pats do lose vs SF, they win a 3-way tie with Denver and Baltimore (I think). Ravens also have a good chance of losing at least one more game (Giants, Cinci), while Denver has it pretty easy (Browns and Chiefs at home).

Part of a complicated puzzle that also includes hoping the Colts can give the Texans a second loss while Pats win out.

By the way, on the whole "rooting for" conundrum: I like to think of it as "rooting against," as in rooting against Denver and Houston, not for Baltimore and Indy. 2¢.

The only problem with that is in a three way tie head to head is the first tie breaker. That did not matter a couple weeks ago because the ravens had not played the broncos yet so the tie breaker skipped to conference record. If the ravens win and the patriots lose then Baltimore is the 2 seed having beat both teams in the three way tie. All of that said I am hopeing the ravens can pull it out as they seem more likely to lose another game to give the pats some breathing room. Of course if they just handle their business versus the 49ers it will not matter who wins next week.

I just spent a while on the playoff machine because I couldn't figure out how Baltimore hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet. Turns out they could miss the playoffs if they lose out and the Bengals and Steelers win out while tying in their h2h matchup.. both end up 9-6-1 with Ravens going 9-7. :D

I just spent a while on the playoff machine because I couldn't figure out how Baltimore hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet. Turns out they could miss the playoffs if they lose out and the Bengals and Steelers win out while tying in their h2h matchup.. both end up 9-6-1 with Ravens going 9-7. :D

That would be the greatest thing ever. Not going to happen but damn would it be awesome if it did

I'm not sure I want a bye week. I think it disrupts the rhythm of the team.

Home field advantage, though. That's worth the price of winning out, no question.

I'm not sure I want a bye week. I think it disrupts the rhythm of the team.

Home field advantage, though. That's worth the price of winning out, no question.

With all the injuries we have and Gronk having to get back into rhythm himself, in this case, 1 week off would be welcomed too.

I vote for anything but going to Denver in the playoffs. The nfl loves goathead and the refs will ensure the victory at all cost. Imho the only threat to the Pats in the afc are the Broncos + refs in Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back