PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
i think its stupid to start blaming everyone, this is sports, teams are going to have bad days, unfortunately for us it came at the worse time, its not the end of the world, now we know how the rams fans felt, things have a way of coming full circle

i think its stupid to start blaming everyone, this is sports, teams are going to have bad days, unfortunately for us it came at the worse time, its not the end of the world, now we know how the rams fans felt, things have a way of coming full circle

There's a difference between blaming everyone and getting over it.

It's natural for people to want to point fingers in the days and weeks after a loss, when they have nothing else to discuss. And it's reasonable to discuss the game. There has been zero chorus of "we were robbed" or anything like that, which would be completely different. Even after the second guessing is done and the loss is just something that happened, you still can't expect people to get over it.

Being upset about a loss, even long after it's happened, is part of being a fan.

This is tough considering the opportunity that was lost.

Tell me about it. We had 18 good weeks here and we lost a heartbreaker mostly because of some incredible plays by the Giants and some near-misses by our team. We were outcoached and didn't play as good as we're capable of. Some people act like we'll never be here again.

Tell me about it. We had 18 good weeks here and we lost a heartbreaker mostly because of some incredible plays by the Giants and some near-misses by our team. We were outcoached and didn't play as good as we're capable of. Some people act like we'll never be here again.

Name me the last Super Bowl loser to get back to the Big game...... If I'm not mistaken it would be the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - XXXI loser to XXXVI winner.

The organization is still healthy provided "outside forces" don't smash it to bits like this "Spygate" thing.

Name me the last Super Bowl loser to get back to the Big game...... If I'm not mistaken it would be the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - XXXI loser to XXXVI winner.

The organization is still healthy provided "outside forces" don't smash it to bits like this "Spygate" thing.

****-ing Giants - XXXV loser to XLII winner, but there were less years between the Pats lose/win SBs, if that's what you meant.

I'm already focusing on the next season....however I am sick of hearing this game being called a choke. It was a close game the whole way through and unlike every other close game we had this season, it just didn't go our way. We were never guranteed to win this game and we certainly weren't entitled to it so I don't know how we choked it away. Giants played the better game and it just made me realize how difficult those 18 other wins truly must have been. The nfl did coin the term "Any given Sunday".

You can never fully get over a close loss but it gets better with time. The only thing for me is I REALLY want us to win (at least) one more with Brady here. As phenomenal as 3 SB is, it would be a touch disappointing to win 3 in his first 4 years (5 if you include a year on the bench) then to never win another. For that reason, we need to win another to make this era really feel complete to me.

It's kind of difficult to all of a sudden "get over" something that we've all been watching intently for the last year only for it to end abruptly like that. I'm sure most of us will come to terms with it, but until then, maybe you should quit reading posts.

Analyzing why we lost is important. Sure, that involves ascribing responsibility: the responsibility for the loss doesn't distribute evenly over the entire team, or evenly over the entire game. There were clearly weak spots that it is useful and therapeautic to discuss. The loss wasn't some fluke, some random accident, but was due to specific weaknesses in our play. If we understand them, then we can have hope that they can be addressed. If it stays as a general malaise, a general disappointment, what is there to do with that? Just hope things get better? I prefer to be specific about how I hope we improve.

Get over it? Haha, that's funny. I think as a fanbase we need to be as optimistic as freaking possible right now. But getting over it? I don't care what they do, I'll never be over that. This team never WILL be there again. 18-0, one more to go. That just will never happen. However, all we as fans can do is looks forward to next season, pray the team stays together/healthy again and hopefully watch the Pats grab #4.

I agree with BB fan about 3 being dissapointing. 4 Would make me really happy, anything else would probably be spoiled to me. To me, 4 would show truly sustained dominance, probably one of the best runs ever too. 4 titles, perfect regular season, insane win pct, etc.

i'm barely to the point where i can talk about the game, so i don't expect to be getting over it for a long time for reasons expressed by other posters in this thread.

as for "blaming," i find it hard to blame guys who could run cirlces around me or put me in the hospital with one of their "easy" hits (i'd no doubt be DOA if Rodney ever gave me the full business).

I'm already focusing on the next season....however I am sick of hearing this game being called a choke. It was a close game the whole way through and unlike every other close game we had this season, it just didn't go our way. We were never guranteed to win this game and we certainly weren't entitled to it so I don't know how we choked it away. Giants played the better game and it just made me realize how difficult those 18 other wins truly must have been. The nfl did coin the term "Any given Sunday".

The fact that the Giants played a better game than us makes it a choke. The Patriots are better in every facet of the game; coaching, offense and defense. If you get beat when you shouldn't have (especially when you so blatantly shouldn't have), then it's a choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes