PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets Get Loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to rain on your parade, but how loud it sounds on TV is mostly a function of the TV microphone settings and not actual crowd noise.

It better be...as many of us here would kill to get a ticket.

If they win the first game and host the AFCCG, I may just have to break out the emergency rainy-day fund, and make the trek from western Pennsylvania.

I go to all the Patriots playoff games and have never had any trouble getting a ticket for a fin over face value. Sometimes I splurge the extra $10 and sit in the 100s. The key is to go with one other (I always take my bro, another Pats fan, spend the night at the Temple in Providence, drive up to the game the next morning).

Spoken like someone who hasn't been trying to get loud for the defense on first down and had "down in front" thrown in their direction. I'm not denying that Gilette isn't the Seahawks stadium, but the stadium is as loud as the fans want it to be. The last two games, the cowboys game, and the jets game were as loud as any. It was also pretty loud in the season of Cassel because the pink hats followed Brady to the IR.

It's been plenty loud in the past.
Sometimes it gets so loud I can't hear myself think.

Lets be honest here, the Gillette crowd has been far from a great crowd that past several years. I blame pink hats, corporate schmucks with limited football knowledge and a lot of entitled younger fans who cheer for louder for Ocho than a sucessful 4th and 1 defensive stand. It's sad.

I'd like to think the fans will bring the hellish loud for the playoff game. Nope, change that. I HOPE they bring the hellish loud.....I'm not counting on it though.

And please, do not get me started on the idiots who have asked me to "please sit down" during a defensive stand.....shoot, I stand for most of the game. My response is to tell them to stand up too....."hey, look at the field, it's a big play coming up"....freakin' schmucks. Can't stand 'em.

I watched a little of Sports Night Sunday this past weekend. Troy Brown and Ty Law both confirmed that the Pats fans aren't exactly the loudest in the league....and by that I mean, many sit on their hands.

Gillette has had it's moments, but I remember the old sh*thole being much louder.

I wouldn't bee too critical of the Patriots playoff crowd. It's a little different than regular season. The cold brings out some hardcore fans that can't afford season tix but don't mind freezing temperatures. In fact, the whole lower bowl was standing in the 2007-08 playoffs, and I even had opposing fans--especially Charger fans--asking me if everyone stands the whole game through.

Hate to rain on your parade, but how loud it sounds on TV is mostly a function of the TV microphone settings and not actual crowd noise.

It's seemed louder to me in person, also.

I think the crowd will be nice and loud for an 8 PM game. Mittens muffle the clapping, but drinking helps the screaming.

I go to all the Patriots playoff games and have never had any trouble getting a ticket for a fin over face value. Sometimes I splurge the extra $10 and sit in the 100s. The key is to go with one other (I always take my bro, another Pats fan, spend the night at the Temple in Providence, drive up to the game the next morning).

...so you're saying you scalp tickets from the parking lot and miss half of the first quarter, right? Otherwise, c'mon man!

I wouldn't bee too critical of the Patriots playoff crowd. It's a little different than regular season. The cold brings out some hardcore fans that can't afford season tix but don't mind freezing temperatures. In fact, the whole lower bowl was standing in the 2007-08 playoffs, and I even had opposing fans--especially Charger fans--asking me if everyone stands the whole game through.

Charger fans are almost as bad as Dolphins fans.....makes the Gillette crowd look like the one at Arrowhead.

I am ok with it,As long as they are not booing the team ......

...so you're saying you scalp tickets from the parking lot and miss half of the first quarter, right? Otherwise, c'mon man!

No. Are you joking? I get them from StubHub or else EBAY. You can get playoff tix for face value. One year I even bought them off Ticketmaster directly.

You don't feel the cold if you're wearing insulated boots (I wear snow boots) and some foot/hand warmers. Wear a hat, a nice winter coat. Done.

No. Are you joking? I get them from StubHub or else EBAY. You can get playoff tix for face value. One year I even bought them off Ticketmaster directly.

Two together? On ticketmaster? C'mon.

So, curious, but when exactly do you purchase these tickets? What kind of seats are they? Nosebleeds? Standing room? Which?

Two together? On ticketmaster? C'mon.

So, curious, but when exactly do you purchase these tickets? What kind of seats are they? Nosebleeds? Standing room? Which?

Two together. Ticketmaster. 100 level, 10 yard line, 15 rows up.

They're available. I've only done it 6 times in the last 5 years or so.

Two together. Ticketmaster. 100 level, 10 yard line, 15 rows up.

They're available. I've only done it 6 times in the last 5 years or so.

You are the only person on the planet that can get two playoff tickets, in the 100's, together, on ticketmaster - you sir, are a magician.

You are the only person on the planet that can get two playoff tickets, in the 100's, together, on ticketmaster - you sir, are a magician.

I see more up there after I do it. I've even done it for the Patriots-Chargers AFCCG during the almost undefeated season. I checked again several hours later and there was still availability. You just have to be persistent. The key is to keep checking.

Last edited:

That is not true...I got two tickets in the end zone last row of the 100's for the 09 Ravens game and last year bought two tickets middle rows in the corner in the 100 level for the Jets game. Given the Pats record when I attend home games since 2006 (first game at the Razor) they are 1-4 with my first win coming Christmas eve against the Dolphins and it took a 17 point comeback, it goes with out saying I will not be attending a game in Foxboro this January.

That is not true...I got two tickets in the end zone last row of the 100's for the 09 Ravens game and last year bought two tickets middle rows in the corner in the 100 level for the Jets game. Given the Pats record when I attend home games since 2006 (first game at the Razor) they are 1-4 with my first win coming Christmas eve against the Dolphins and it took a 17 point comeback, it goes with out saying I will not be attending a game in Foxboro this January.

We all thank you for staying home. :)

To the people behind me in sec 122. You have done your best to break my spirit this year and keep me down. When you sent Kraft's team op's to tell me I can only stand on 3rd downs I could only listen and slump into my seat.

I will not be sitting for one play the next two games.

Had that happen to me at Bob Seger concert last month. I had to leave my seat for standing at a rock concert.

Had multiple people tell me to sit down in 06 against the Broncos at Gillette. In a 10-6 game can't cheer for the defense!

We all thank you for staying home. :)

And you all are very much welcome, as much as it pains me not to fly up on the 14th to see the game.....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back