PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets get back to basics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Im not sure why they thought it was a great idea to put TB back there and let him sling it around 40-50 times a game. I would like us to roll back the playbook a few years to the days of dillon and start pounding the rock. You know the days before Tommy was Mr 50 TD.

Obviously he is rusty, pur execution is poor (may or may not be OL related) but the only solution I can see is to get back to the ground. And Im not talking about the shotgun draws. Im talking about singleback 2te or even I with an H-back leading. Im talking power running.

I liked our running game against buffalo but we gave up early since we were in the hole. Yesterday we were only down 1 score but gave up on it as well.

Thoughts?

The thing is, we have good running backs. Maroney is finally starting to run well, Taylor obviously, and Morris hasn't been great, but I'm sure he'll get on track.

I don't know how Maroney is supposed to gain any confidence running only 6 times in a game.

Brady is obviously rusty, so I don't know what's going through their heads. And maybe they should, um, try lining Brady up under center for once. Just once? Please?

Brady is more comfortable in the gun, but I would love to see a more balanced offense. They can run out of the gun, and have run out of the gun successfully. They've had trouble running the ball in clear running situations.

Tommy did look slow on straight drops, maybe that has somethign to do with it. My issue is we have 4 plays.

Shotgun draw
Shotgun quick screen to Welker(Edelman) - this play is past its prime
Shotgun Crossing route to Welker
Shotgun WR Option with Moss either going deep or doing a 15 yard hitch/stick route.

Oh and our other play would be on 3 and 1 line up everyone on the line and run it left for a loss. :rolleyes:

use the charlie weis playbook until brady is 100% confident in himself again

the defense is good enough to keep this team in the game, focus on field position and time of possession....they have the RBs to run it over 400 times

FYI they were yakking about this on the radio today, and in the past three years the pass to run ratio is about 55%-45%....

Yesterday was high 47 runs and 20 passes... suspect that this will balance out, BTW not everyone knows the Charlie Weiss playbook..

When Charlie was here, there were tons here who did not like his playcallling..

Last edited:
FYI they were yakking about this on the radio today, and in the past three years the pass to run ratio is about 55%-45%....

Yesterday was high 47 runs and 20 passes... suspect that this will balance out, BTW not everyone knows the Charlie Weiss playbook..

When Charlie was here, there were tons here who did not like his playcallling..

that's ok...the weis system is not conducive to the player looking for the big payday, but all parties concerned are already getting it

the weis plan eats the clock and wears defenders down

it may not fit randy moss best, but even in the weis system, the pats would put it up for plenty of big plays

I agree because then at least someone might bite on playaction. As it stands now there is no reason to.

I want to get away from being the pre-2006 Colts.

I agree because then at least someone might bite on playaction. As it stands now there is no reason to.

yeah, the team has barely used any play action at all. the running game needs to be established. 4 solid running backs and you don't use any of them, i dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back