PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets face the facts (homers not welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lets face the fact's (homers not welcome)

So you are saying that if team A had inside knowledge (practice tapes, playbook, gameplan, etc.) of what team B was planning to do during a game, and team B had no idea of what team A was going to do, that it wouldn't make a difference at all?
Now THAT'S an interesting thing you bring up there. Aren't all players supposed to turn in their playbooks when they are cut? Do you think they all do? Do you think other teams don't pick up those guys specifically to obtain such info? I'm pretty sure that's happened before...and that is cheating to give another team your playbook. Didn't Dilfer say something about having copies of all his old playbooks recently? Heck, I have parts of Pats playbooks I got from the internet. Maybe they aren't "real", but my other points apply.

First off it is not common knowledge that any other team taped signals so that as many of you have put it is speculation. Got any proof besides jimmy johnson saying it? If any other team had done it they would have been busted but they have not. And secondly if taping signals gives you no advantage whatsoever then why do it. I will tell you why because it does give you an advantage no one is going to go through all that for nothing. And if it was no big deal then why the heavy fines and draft pick taken away.

Did this help us in 2000? Did this help us in 2002? Did the team crumble in 2007 without a camera?

Hell, if we were taping the first SB against the Rams to use later in the game, we did a pretty bad job because we almost blew a 14-3 lead at halftime.

Nothing is tainted

Great points. This whole thing is bologna.

I liked the Pats before Bill Belicheck became coach, so why would I want to leave them now?

Here is something to think about the no taping memo was sent out before the 2006 season correct? Ok follow me since that memo came out and obviously BB was taping he admitted it. And he would not do anything if he would not gain an advantage right we all agree he is no dummy. Then answer me this have the pats ever had an offseason superstar signing frenzy like 2006 i don't think so. This tells me he knew he couldn't steal signals anymore so he found another way to win by signing all these hired guns. Now im just speculating here but doesn't it seem a little odd that he went all phil jackson like after the no taping memo. I could be wrong but you do the math and take it how you want to.

Here is something to think about the no taping memo was sent out before the 2006 season correct? Ok follow me since that memo came out and obviously BB was taping he admitted it. And he would not do anything if he would not gain an advantage right we all agree he is no dummy. Then answer me this have the pats ever had an offseason superstar signing frenzy like 2006 i don't think so. This tells me he knew he couldn't steal signals anymore so he found another way to win by signing all these hired guns. Now im just speculating here but doesn't it seem a little odd that he went all phil jackson like after the no taping memo. I could be wrong but you do the math and take it how you want to.

Are you from the planet Jibberish? *Hint* Try referring to a dictionary and/or thesaurus and maybe inserting a comma or two, this will help you when conversing with the inhabitants of this planet.;)

If the integrity of the game is such a concern, then all coaches should be brought in and put under oath. Let's get them all on record.

They're tainted in the eyes of those who want them to be tainted. They aren't to me.

Exactly.

Most people have already made up their minds about it without knowing the facts or having the slightest clue about the effect it had and just how widespread bending the rules is in sports. I don't know about y'all but it's been a while since I stopped taking the public opinion seriously at all.

To put things into perspective, anti-pats fans have been complaining since 2002 about a ruling that was called CORRECTLY on the field according to the NFL rulebook. There's simply no reasoning with some people, which is why I just choose to ignore these issues anymore. Just no reasoning whatsoever, so why waste your energy.

First off it is not common knowledge that any other team taped signals so that as many of you have put it is speculation. Got any proof besides jimmy johnson saying it? If any other team had done it they would have been busted but they have not. And secondly if taping signals gives you no advantage whatsoever then why do it. I will tell you why because it does give you an advantage no one is going to go through all that for nothing. And if it was no big deal then why the heavy fines and draft pick taken away.

So Chuck, if BOTH teams steal each others signals during the course of a game, how does one team end up with an advantage over the other?

You're really not going to sit there and try to claim that the Patriots were the ONLY team stealing defensive signals, are you?

If the Colts or Jets or Giants prefer to use binoculars in the press box instead of a video camera to "spy", how does that make the info they obtain any less valuable?

Also, if the Patriots were the ONLY team that was using a camera, why did the memo go out to the entire league? Why didn't the NFL send the letter directly to the Patriots alone?

Belichick's the one who gave you those superbowls in the first place, you ungrateful sack of crap.
why is it always that everywhere you go it seems like those most ignorant always have the most opinion on everything??
first find out wtf you're talking about, and until then shut yer yap.
in the meantime, if you don't like what people are saying about you go cry in momma's lap.

Way to go eom! Unfortunately, the Benedict Arnold-type Patriots fans are those who really care about the Patriots "Image". I guess they don't realize image means nothing and is comprised of nothing but opinion. but I get the feeling that some of these types feel that because they think the Patriots image has been hurt, there own image has been affected.

Kinda like those people who worry about having "Class". They just don't realize you can't have class if you go around trying to have class. I'm talking about phonies, image people and those who claim to have class. Those are the kinds of people we don't need or want as Patriot fans anyway.

I guess they don't realize image means nothing and is comprised of nothing but opinion.

Yeah, that's why people wear sweats to job interviews and don't comb their hair before a first date- because image really means nothing.

BTW I'm not worried about the Pats image - I know it's tainted to anyone that doesn't support the Pats.

Maybe some of you shouldn't associate your own image with that of the Pats. That way you won't care about the Pats image. I don't. I'm just here to watch football.

If beli and co where infact taping teams dating all the way back since Beli started to coach this team , our sb's are tainted. Now I know this is hard to accept. I know that a lot of people do it. But until another team is busted for the same thing , or some type of real proof comes out that this was a leauge wide issue , we are going to be looked at as cheats. Nothing will change that.

Frankly I would be a bit mad with Belichick for not keeping this whole thing under control.This is a big if of course. This whole thing could go away tommorow. But let's face the facts people , we will be called tainted cheats forever if Spectors allegations are proven true.

I would be ashamed. If this was the colts who did this you would all be screaming cheaters at every chance. This is a tough pill to swallow. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. I love the pat's. Just calling it like it is. All the excuse makers and homer's will freak out over this post. But you all know you are scared as hell for these latest allegations to be proven true. The pats will never live this down.

Another pseudo football fan that doesn't understand that stealing signals by any means is a time honored tradition in sports. It's been going on from the beginning of sport and will continue by whatever means possible. The stiff fine was for flagrantly flaunting Goodell's letter to the league. The only ones who think this is anything are people like Spect(re) that equate stealing signals to stealing cars. Idiots!!!

If beli and co where infact taping teams dating all the way back since Beli started to coach this team , our sb's are tainted. Now I know this is hard to accept. I know that a lot of people do it. But until another team is busted for the same thing , or some type of real proof comes out that this was a leauge wide issue , we are going to be looked at as cheats. Nothing will change that.

Frankly I would be a bit mad with Belichick for not keeping this whole thing under control.This is a big if of course. This whole thing could go away tommorow. But let's face the facts people , we will be called tainted cheats forever if Spectors allegations are proven true.

I would be ashamed. If this was the colts who did this you would all be screaming cheaters at every chance. This is a tough pill to swallow. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. I love the pat's. Just calling it like it is. All the excuse makers and homer's will freak out over this post. But you all know you are scared as hell for these latest allegations to be proven true. The pats will never live this down.

Danny you make some good points. It's a shame innocent fans like you have been used by Belichick, as all these years you thought you were rooting for a superior team, when in fact it was a mirage, a sham, a fairy tale. I can understand the bitterness you must feel -- the anger of being used in a very real sense. I sympathize. But don't take it too hard, you are innocent in all of this. You are the victim, not the criminal.

Best wishes,
Stan

Yeah, that's why people wear sweats to job interviews and don't comb their hair before a first date- because image really means nothing.

BTW I'm not worried about the Pats image - I know it's tainted to anyone that doesn't support the Pats.

Combing your hair before a first date?

How old are you? :)

Well if you wear Pats gear you're basically doing just that.

As I said in an earlier post, I've never purchased a single Patriots item. I attend the games in my street clothes and always have. I don't play for the Pats so I don't feel the need to advertise but that's just my personal opinion.

As I said in an earlier post, I've never purchased a single Patriots item. I attend the games in my street clothes and always have. I don't play for the Pats so I don't feel the need to advertise but that's just my personal opinion.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Combing your hair before a first date?

How old are you? :)

Lol, apparently no hair combing is required for second dates.

Good for you. Now run back with all the other sheep , bahhhhhh.

This coming from the guy whose "original" thoughts stem from talking out his arse. How about you do everyone a favor and just keep your trap shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back