PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Extend Arrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is any extending of a player contract a "panic-signing"?

I suggesting that signing Arrington would help solidify our cornerback situation. I still believe that.

He's coming off a season as the starter. You'd have to give him some level of 'reasonable' compensation based upon that, rather than paying him as the backup he is/should be. That's not the smart move.

Now, if you can get him to sign on for little/no bonus and a CB3/CB4 deal, that changes things.

Do you think Arrington is going to sign such an extension?

Last edited:
I do not understand the whole " If McCourty return to form statement " as from the camp reports, seems like WR`s where running by him like last year .stallworth and llyod both did the same double move and ran right by him for TD`s reported by media who where present for portions of the camp.

Furthur more McCourty lost his starting JOB to Moore ... which no one will mention.

Dowling has some pratices and 2 games and i am even more confused as to how he is the 2nd best corner on the team.

Last edited:
He's coming off a season as the starter. You'd have to give him some level of 'reasonable' compensation based upon that, rather than paying him as the backup he is/should be. That's not the smart move.

Now, if you can get him to sign on for little/no bonus and a CB3/CB4 deal, that changes things.

Do you think Arrington is going to sign such an extension?

He had 7 picks and was the only CB who was competitive last years in the patriots....can you list all the CB3/CB4 who had where competitive and had more than 7 picks last year from the other 31 teams.

Last edited:
He had 7 picks and was the only CB who was competitive last years in the patriots....can you list all the CB3/CB4 who had where competitive and had more than 7 picks last year from the other 31 teams.

Ints are not the end all/be all of CB play. You're welcome to rate Arrington's play as you wish but, given that he's currently playing as a sub and not a starter, and that the team is looking at McCourty/Dowling as the starting duo, according to the offseason reports, it would seem that the team does not rate him quite as highly as you seem to be doing.

I do not understand the whole " If McCourty return to form statement " as from the camp reports, seems like WR`s where running by him like last year .stallworth and llyod both did the same double move and ran right by him for TD`s reported by media who where present for portions of the camp.

Furthur more McCourty lost his starting JOB to Moore ... which no one will mention.

Dowling has some pratices and 2 games and i am even more confused as to how he is the 2nd best corner on the team.

Actually Ihedigbo lost his job to a corner and Moore took over the vacant spot is how I would view it. I don't recall McCourty ever not being on the field outside of his injury, and I recall an awful lot of time where Moore was sitting on the bench with McCourty on the field. Moore only played the 3rd CB or the #2 when McCourty was rotating into the safety spot in certain situations.

I believe Edelman also came onto the field ahead of Moore at times.

Last edited:
Why are people so high on Dowling anyways? Was I the only one watching when he was part of the secondary that gave up 400 yards to Chad Henne? Yeah.. Chad Henne..

Well it was kinda the begining of the end for Devin Mack who gave up like a good 300 of those yards.:snob:

Arrington is our best CB if McCourty doesn't return to form

Arrington is our best CB if McCourty doesn't return to form

Given that Dowling beat him out before last season even started, I'd say that's a very dubious statement.

Given that Dowling shattered his hip by the end of the second game as expected, I'd say it's not dubious at all. Can't be the best if you can't even get on the field. By the end of the year Arrington was the best player in the secondary. I'll take that over a one and half game sample from last September.

Using your (flawed) logic, Bledsoe was the better QB than Brady in 2001 because he started the season over him.

I see that logic is not your forte. Sadly, neither is trolling.

Bledsoe was a known quantity. Brady was the unknown.
Arrington was the known quantity. Dowling was the unknown.

In both cases, the unknown passed the known. Thanks for playing, though.

You got owned. :singing:

Except the word is that the Patriots view McCourty and Dowling as their starting duo heading into this season. So, no, he is correct and you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes