PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Draft Lineman Early!

I can't see CJ falling to the Pats unless we trade up. I think he's off the board by the 15th pick.

Guys who I think could be difference makers regardless of position who might be available in the 20s:

RB - CJ Spiller
OT - Brian Bulaga. Possibly Anthony Davis, though I don't think he's a great fit.
DT - Terrance Cody. Possibly Dan Williams.
DE - no one that I like at 3-4 DE. I think it's too high for Corey Wootten, Arthur Jones or Jared Odrick.
DE/OLB - Carlos Dunlap, possibly Jason Pierre-Paul or Greg Hardy

That's sort of my short list right now, short of a trade up or trade back. Jonathan Dwyer and Mike Iupati are solid, but I'd trade back a bit. Rolando McClain and Joe Haden would require a big trade up.

Guys who I think could be difference makers regardless of position who might be available in the 20s:

RB - CJ Spiller

Great Pick.. Instant impact on kick returns

OT - Brian Bulaga. Possibly Anthony Davis, though I don't think he's a great fit.

Bulaga Yes, Davis I think is going to fall like a rock don't ask me why.

DT - Terrance Cody. Possibly Dan Williams.

Dan Williams yes.. perfect fit for our defense.. Cody too much boom bust type of player

DE - no one that I like at 3-4 DE. I think it's too high for Corey Wootten, Arthur Jones or Jared Odrick.
DE/OLB - Carlos Dunlap, possibly Jason Pierre-Paul or Greg Hardy

Arthur Jones I think is the versatility that BB loves..

T

I can't see CJ falling to the Pats unless we trade up. I think he's off the board by the 15th pick.

The Giants dont need a RB and neither do the titans, at least not a CJ Spiller type.

The Giants dont need a RB and neither do the titans, at least not a CJ Spiller type.

That's not to say someone trades up or Al Davis doing another WTF pick. I just can't see CJ falling into our hands. It would be nice but I just can't see it happening.

That's not to say someone trades up or Al Davis doing another WTF pick. I just can't see CJ falling into our hands. It would be nice but I just can't see it happening.
"Our" hands Chuck? Unless you are someone entirely new to me using this user name or playing both sides of the fan street, that is an odd statement. :p

I presume that you are trading Light and starting
Vollmer, Mankins, Koppen, Johnson and Buluga

Defense can be beefed up easier through free agency than the O-line, I'm really high on Buluga, not only because of his play but also because he's only 20. Anyway, if we could get Buluga in the 1st and Michael Johnson in the 2nd I think it would be great.

"Our" hands Chuck? Unless you are someone entirely new to me using this user name or playing both sides of the fan street, that is an odd statement. :p

Born and raised here bro. Been a Pat's fan my whole life.

I just never posted here before. Been following the site for a year or 2 though.

That being said. I just don't think Spiller is falling to 22 unless another RB has a killer combine.

I would be fine if our first three choice in no particular order were a 3-4 DE, an OG (or an OT that can be converted to OG) and a NT.

Let the passrusher(s) come from the roster of other teams.

I agree. Question for you...since this is a deep draft, would trading the 2011 #1 pick from the Raiders for pick(s) this year make any sense?

Trades of either 1st into 2010 makes sense, but is very unlikely considering that 2011 is forecast to have a rookie pay schedule.

I agree. Question for you...since this is a deep draft, would trading the 2011 #1 pick from the Raiders for pick(s) this year make any sense?

Born and raised here bro. Been a Pat's fan my whole life.

I just never posted here before. Been following the site for a year or 2 though.

That being said. I just don't think Spiller is falling to 22 unless another RB has a killer combine.
My apologies then podner, your twin brother posts on another Pats forum I frequent and he is an unapologetic Colts fan, so you can understand my confusion. :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back