PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's calm down guys.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let's remember, Roethlisberger or not, the Fins lost to the Super Bowl Champs. That game right there showed that the Steelers are the real deal, they just might have the best D in football. Remember the thread about what we want our defense to be like ? I want it to be like what I saw tonite. The Fins aren't a horrible team, they just happened to lose to a very very good team. Charlie Batch looked good, and they have some nice weapons in Heath Miller, Hines Ward, and Willie Parker. Unless the injury bugs hits them hard, Pittsburgh will be very tough to beat this year. The Fins will be tough, they just lost to a better team tonite. And remember, they always give us trouble, whether they are 4-12 or 9-7.

I think people are calm, but you gotta understand how much crap we heard from phins fans for what 4 months.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
I think people are calm, but you gotta understand how much crap we heard from phins fans for what 4 months.
and, anything beats talking about deion F'ing branch!

Desi......I've been here for all 4 months giving it right back to the Fins fans. But regardless, the Fins are not the Jets, they could give us a good fight this year. I don't think they are going to win the division just yet, unless the injury bug hits us hard again this year. One thing is for sure though, Culpepper aint no Brady.

The Dolphins O-line helped make the Steelers D look completely dominant. Don't get me wrong. The Steelers have a very good D, but the Phins O-line was pathetic. You're not going to win many games with that kind of rushing performance, especially with Daunte Culpepper at quarterback.

if it wasnt for the phins white boy (sorry I dont know his name) the game would have been an absolute blowout. the score was a lot closer than the actual game play indicated.

I think Miami's implosion and Pittsburgh's impressive 2nd half are BOTH getting overhyped here. Anyone's D is going to look great when you run out a crappy O-Line like Miami's.

How about we dont calm down and just taunt the Fish :)

desi-patsfan said:

Oh my frikin god are you serious??? Do you have any Idea hw much crap Pat fans have been talking since January of 02??? Good grief you're beyond belief!!

Just know that this game doesn't determine the division. Will a week 4 loss to Cincinnati mean that the Pats can't win the East? No, it's one non divisional game, not the end of the world. Not to mention, probably our toughest game of the year.

feelthepain said:
Oh my frikin god are you serious??? Do you have any Idea hw much crap Pat fans have been talking since January of 02??? Good grief you're beyond belief!!

The difference is that Pats fans started talking crap after doing something like winning a superbowl. Dolphin started talking crap after they missed the playoffs, but finished with a 6 game winning streak against crappy teams and 2nd stringers that meant nothing.

feelthepain said:

OK.....and how about the junk we've gotten from you idiots from 1972 to 2001?

Please, don't even try to fight that battle.

scott99 said:
Let's remember, Roethlisberger or not, the Fins lost to the Super Bowl Champs. That game right there showed that the Steelers are the real deal, they just might have the best D in football. Remember the thread about what we want our defense to be like ? I want it to be like what I saw tonite. The Fins aren't a horrible team, they just happened to lose to a very very good team. Charlie Batch looked good, and they have some nice weapons in Heath Miller, Hines Ward, and Willie Parker. Unless the injury bugs hits them hard, Pittsburgh will be very tough to beat this year. The Fins will be tough, they just lost to a better team tonite. And remember, they always give us trouble, whether they are 4-12 or 9-7.

Good post scott99. Reality and sportsmanship seem to be on break right now on Patsfans.com. It was one game. Neither team looked like a world beater, neither team looked completely awful. We won't know how good or bad the Steelers or Dolphins are until November. So frankly I don't understand all of the taunting and jawing going on over a game our Patriots weren't even involved in.

feelthepain said:

Thank you. Have a nice day.

scott99 said:
Let's remember, Roethlisberger or not, the Fins lost to the Super Bowl Champs. That game right there showed that the Steelers are the real deal, they just might have the best D in football.

It certainly didn't show me either. To me, more then anything, it just looked like one mediocre team out there (the Phins), and one good team (the Steelers, I know they would have looked better with Rothlessburger).

I do not believe that the Steelers will win there division. I think they lose the division by 2 or more games.

I think the Steelers will have a good defense, but that was no where's near a dominating performance. IT was good, not great. And the offense hey faced was mediocre at best!

Dolphins looked horrible except for Wes Walker who had some good plays. As for the rest of the Dolphins they looked terrible how can you let a TE run down the middle of the field and past everybody. Yes Willie Parker broke a 100yrds but he had almost 30 carries he will be broken down by the 3rd or 4th game.

scott99 said:
Let's remember, Roethlisberger or not, the Fins lost to the Super Bowl Champs. That game right there showed that the Steelers are the real deal, they just might have the best D in football.

Yeah, except they did not really play great defense until late. They were falling down half the night, perhaps the turn around was that they changed cleats, but more importantly they had a lead and were only rushing 4 guys. When they were blitzing, the phins moved the ball well with the TE. The sacks they were getting late were coverage sacks, once they backed off, they forced Culpepper to either hold the ball to long, or throw a dumb pass. The fact of the matter was that the fins o-line is just bad, 4 rushers can beat the 5 of them combined. I can hardly wait to see what our big three can do to them. Mix in Colvin and TBC and Culpepper better take out some new life insurance.

You can say the lack of Big-Ben made their offense weaker, and that to some extent is true, but they were not doing overly great on the ground, it was until they got 8 men out of the box that they had any running room. Ward looked good, and Miller a great weapon, but Holmes looks like a disaster.

Speaking of Holmes, I do not think I have seen a worse special teams effort then this guy delivered. Calls for the fair catch, decides to let it bounce, then goes to pick it up? Is he really that brain dead? Steelers had the Devils own luck that they did not turn the ball over with thier special teams. Holmes seems to be better suited for the special olympics.

I just can not support your hypothesis that Miami is a very good team beaten by an excellent team. Much more like an average team that made mistakes against a good team and lost.

I think another factor is that Miami was picked to go to the Super Bowl by SI and after watching last night's game, a lot of folks are wondering what the SI reporters were smoking when they came up with that prediction.

For a team picked to go to the Super Bowl by the number one sports publication, last night's game is an example of what games that they have to win.

Why, because those are the teams you are going to have to beat in the playoffs to get there. Beating up on Buffalo or Houston is not going to make you a good team, beating the Colts, the Pats, and the Steelers are.

feelthepain said:
Well...
That's what you hear in a New England Patriots Forum.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Just know that this game doesn't determine the division. Will a week 4 loss to Cincinnati mean that the Pats can't win the East? No, it's one non divisional game, not the end of the world. Not to mention, probably our toughest game of the year.

The Miami Dolphins toughest game this year will be the embarrassing beat down at Foxboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back