PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Assume Stallworth is gone after this season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
With the WR depth we have now, I think we are still set.. If Kelley Washington can realize his potential, he can take over Stallworths duties... with Welker Sticking in Slot 3 (no pun intended heh)..Let Jackson/Gaffney/Caldwell fight out #2 (I hope by this time Jackson can win that out easily) and You still have BAM,Gaffney,Caldwell to play with...

What do you bro's think?

I will be shocked if Stallworth is not a Pat next season.. He is here for a while..

Cousin, I am too excited thinking about 2007 to worry about 2008.

I will be shocked if Stallworth is not a Pat next season.. He is here for a while..

Don't be too shocked. He is going to be getting a lot of money in the upcoming years. If he doesn't have a monster season (and he should with Brady throwing to him) he could very well be cut.

I haven't been paying attention. Did Stallworth have a good year?

*Hi Patjew, good to see you!*

I haven't been paying attention. Did Stallworth have a good year?

*Hi Patjew, good to see you!*

Thanks, you too, RayClay!

You have a lot of ifs and hopes.

IF Washingotn reaches his potential
IF Jackson is healthy and learns the system and is the talent we hoped for
and IF Gaffney orCladwell is re-signed (their contract ends after this season)

That being said, I think that Stallworth is here for many years, as long as he is healthy for the season (yet another if)

With the WR depth we have now, I think we are still set.. If Kelley Washington can realize his potential, he can take over Stallworths duties... with Welker Sticking in Slot 3 (no pun intended heh)..Let Jackson/Gaffney/Caldwell fight out #2 (I hope by this time Jackson can win that out easily) and You still have BAM,Gaffney,Caldwell to play with...

What do you bro's think?

Stallworth just seems like a "right place/right time" signing. I really think he is going to work out well.

The guy has the talent to produce well enough to justify picking up the options on his contract after this season and he seems excited to be here. Given the strong lockerroom leadership and his showing more maturity, this could work out like the Dillon acquisition.

There is no doubt that being a knucklehead hurt Stallworth early in his career, but on a veteran NE team with strong leaders and Tom Brady to keep him focused, he is a gamble well worth taking. I think he will pay off big.

I agree that it's not too soon to look at the 2008 roster, as this upcoming season is a sure-thing (and quite frankly, not really worth paying close attention to).

My feeling is that they should carry fewer wide receivers in 2008 because they are all so incredibly good that only 3 of them will get any playing time anyway.

I'd rather see them keep a roster spot open for another long-snapper.

Lets assume not. I hate looking past the upcoming season, there is other things to talk about besides a season two years from now.

What do you bro's think?

Lets not ASSUME anything yet about a guy that has yet to play a down for this team at this point....fair enough? And remember what they say about the word assume......makes an a## out of you (can't be me....I didn't make this comment!!! ;) Only kidding...you have a right to your opinion...but as for mine...I say...Let him play this season before you begin to guesstimate what his status will be NEXT year........one mans opinion

Are two enough? What if both get hurt in the same game? I think we need three. On the other hand, instead of keeping a third long-snapper, we could always use the roster spot for a holder for FGs, save wear and tear on the punter. Look what happened to Miller last year. He held for FGs and ended up on IR.

Yup, I agree. His contract is completely reasonable is he performs well this season. If he earns it, he will be a Patriot long term.

I take a slightly longer view: I'd "worry about future years" only to the extent that they impact what the Pats do this year. [For example: are the Pats planning to trade Cassel next offseason (before he enters his contract year)? If so, then they need to draft/sign a replacement this year.]

I agree that it's not too soon to look at the 2008 roster, as this upcoming season is a sure-thing (and quite frankly, not really worth paying close attention to).

My feeling is that they should carry fewer wide receivers in 2008 because they are all so incredibly good that only 3 of them will get any playing time anyway.

Hey Thomas.:rocker:

http://www.longsnapper.com/

Chad Jackson maybe? We transformed 2 former gator busts, and we are the Patriots "system". C Jax is talented but he is fragile.

We haven't had the 2007 draft yet. Why are we speculating on 2008?

haha i am just trying to pick some brains... Don't mean to fire you all up, I too Hope and think Stallworth sticks but , you never know.

The dude was cut by the saints and eagles as his is not down on reading playbooks.

let me ask you a question what if he is unable to do the same on a more complex offence we run?.... their is achance this might happen.he might never get the playbook .

If Brady kicks the bucket (god forbid) between now and the start of training camp do you think the Patriots should sign a veteran QB or plan to start Matt Cassell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots