PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let The Jets Hype Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It looks to me like the man-love of "Mangenius" has spread outside of New York. Take SI's Peter King, for example. From his most recent Monday Morning QB:

I love what Eric Mangini is doing. What a great foundation he's laid.

Did I miss something or did the Jets LOSE last weekend?

Though his sentiment has not been repeated quite yet, expect the hype to spread rapidly throughout the sports world.

Watch out, the Jets are about to win the offseason Hype Bowl.

and that's 100% A-OK with with me

you gotta admit that they did outperform expectations though.

actually the entire AFCE exceeded their projected season wins (Vegas line)

The kicker is that the Jets were remarkably healthy this year. Health like that is rare, and they blew their chance with it.

The kicker is that the Jets were remarkably healthy this year. Health like that is rare, and they blew their chance with it.

And their easy schedule. Next year's is brutal (for both of us). But that is for another day. And that is why they are the Jets, and these are the Patriots.

It looks to me like the man-love of "Mangenius" has spread outside of New York. Take SI's Peter King, for example. From his most recent Monday Morning QB:

Did I miss something or did the Jets LOSE last weekend?

Though his sentiment has not been repeated quite yet, expect the hype to spread rapidly throughout the sports world.

=========================================================

You have to give Tanebaum and Mangini credit, they outperformed what anyone expected from them. Easy schedule helped the Jets alot this season, next years will be much more dificult.
It is silly to think the Jets will have more hype then the Pats in the offseason.

Yes...few injuries easy schedule and....what will happen next year????
Why is it silly to think the Jets will have more hype than the Patriots?? RE: the Saban Fins???? The hype machine basically crowned them east champs BEFORE the season started...THAT was quite ridiculous!! No Matter IF BE wins in Miami, the Jets will follow the same route...hype and fall...I don't think mangini is at all a bad coach..BUT when there are injuries and the hype cayches up...THEN we will see how good he is. He is rifing a fairly predictable wave now..but when it crashes ..THEN we will see hot much a genius He is.

Take the team and talent he had and be within a TD of winning over the weekend ... that is huge.

I look at it this way ... watch the game again and try to find the coaching mistakes made by mangini for the 1st 3 quaters ... not many errors and whatever existed was minor.

There are alot of crap coaches in the NFL ... Mangini has shown he is not one of them. The Jets will get the hype ... the nature of sports whorism ... at least we don't have to gag on Patriots stories for now.

You have to give Tanebaum and Mangini credit, they outperformed what anyone expected from them. Easy schedule helped the Jets alot this season, next years will be much more dificult.
It is silly to think the Jets will have more hype then the Pats in the offseason.

The Fins did. 35 years removed from as title and counting.

If he and Tannenbaum can draft in 2007 like they did in 2006 that team just make some noise next year too.

I think they will draft a little lower this coming draft. It is much easier to have an amazing draft when you draft really high.

After watching the previous wildcard playoff games, we were all treated to 60 minutes of solid football by both the Pats and the Jets. What a delight! Why wouldn't EM be recognized for his accomplishment there in NY? Many didn't give him much of a chance in his first year, in a low tolerance town.
I don't think I'd call it media hype yet.

They'll be competitive next year again for sure. I was enormously impressed with the way they hung in there this season making us go on the road and win to secure the division, whereas early on it looked like we had it sewn up.

Whether they will be better remains to be seen. This year it is the Pats who have the first rounders to shore up our vulnerabilities, and a ton of cap space to help as well.

But Mangini has made a terrific start there, and I foresee the Jets being a thorn in our side for a long time to come.

what's wrong with credit being given out for a team going 10-6 in a year most people expected them to be 4-12?

i do agree that they're looking at a regression next year. usually when a team has a surprise season luck and circumstance play in, which can't be easily replicated. if they go 8-8 next year they should be happy, as it'd be an obvious step towards consistency. of course jets fans are already saying that another 10-6 and out in the first round next year is unacceptable.

Well this ("Easy schedule helped the Jets alot this season") is the most important part of your statement, and that combined with alot of luck is what the Jets were all about this year (Kind of reminds me of our 2001 championship season except BB got it done when it really counted coaching wise and we won the SB......and Mang-ina's inexperience showed when it counted and we kicked their butts all the way back to New York....) Seriously, in my opinion the Jets were not as good a team as their record showed this year....one man's opinion

I was captaining the "Jets are going flop next year" ship, but I have come around on that a little.

I have some hesitancy over whether a QB like Pennington can ever lead a team beyond the divisional round, but all the Jets really need is improvement in the DTs and OGs and a CB or 2 (assuming that the C and LT improve in their seond year) to be a real threat. I could probably add RB to that because I don't know if Washington is really ready to be anything more than a poor mans Westbrook. But even that would be OK, just not a strength.

But LT, C, WR, S, QB, TE, DE are all pretty good on that team.

I was captaining the "Jets are going flop next year" ship, but I have come around on that a little.

I have some hesitancy over whether a QB like Pennington can ever lead a team beyond the divisional round, but all the Jets really need is improvement in the DTs and OGs and a CB or 2 (assuming that the C and LT improve in their seond year) to be a real threat. I could probably add RB to that because I don't know if Washington is really ready to be anything more than a poor mans Westbrook. But even that would be OK, just not a strength.

But LT, C, WR, S, QB, TE, DE are all pretty good on that team.

====================================================

Well that was a very nice objective post, and I agree with it.

====================================================

Well that was a very nice objective post, and I agree with it.

I am here to please Jet fans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey