PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lester Munson doubles down and predicts an easy victory for the NFL on appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Munson feels this strongly about the appeal, that should save everyone here time and worry. The exact opposite is more likely to happen than what he predicts.

munson is a senile old geezer.
even kosack doubled down somewhat..

It's my understanding that the the judge agreed with the NFLPA on three separate grounds, so in order for the NFL to win on appeals they'd have to prove those 3 rulings were wrong. It seems like a pretty unlikely scenario.

Someone more experienced in this correct me if I'm wrong.

I hate to admit it but I have argued labor and other cases before the Second Circuit. Munson's view is . . . to use a hallowed legal term . . . horseshit.

I hate to admit it but I have argued labor and other cases before the Second Circuit. Munson's view is . . . to use a hallowed legal term . . . horseshit.

What?!? Are you saying that the appeal court will over turn Berman because judges don't like to overturn arbitrator's judgements, the NFL have won in the Second Circuit of Appeals before, and the NFL was just unlucky to get a bad judge aren't solid legal arguments? What kind of lawyer are you?:)

What?!? Are you saying that the appeal court will over turn Berman because judges don't like to overturn arbitrator's judgements, the NFL have won in the Second Circuit of Appeals before, and the NFL was just unlucky to get a bad judge aren't solid legal arguments? What kind of lawyer are you?:)

I'm no Lester Munson, that's for sure. ;)

He looks like he should have been retired since 1987.

This part was just stunning to me:

"The law that protects arbitrators' decisions from judicial interference is a fundamental principle of American labor law. Goodell, in contrast to his bungling of the Rice, Peterson and Bountygate investigations, led a process that produced a solid investigation. Goodell's 20-page decision was impressive in its analysis of the evidence and its application of the "conduct detrimental" clauses of the CBA and the standard player contract."

It's hard for me to imagine that someone familiar with the Wells report's "evidence," which I'm sure Munson is, can honestly have this opinion.

He must be:
a) on the take
b) suffering from brain damage
c) blinded by intense butthurtedness
d) some combination of the above

I understand that one day he got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Two days later he reported that he had a bump on his head.

wEGMRT4.gif

I can't wait for Lester Munson to guarantee the Colts will beat the Patriots.

Who does he pick not to win the super bowl? I am betting my house on that team.

Just imagine if that you have Jeff Pash giving Goodell the same advice that Lester Munson has been writing about.

"Should I suspend Brady for 4 games?"
Yeah, why not, it's all covered under article 46
"Even though there is no notice of a 4 game suspension for doing this?"
Yup. Go right ahead.
"Okay, and when he appeals should I hear it or someone else"
You should hear it.
"And if they want to call witnesses, can I say no?"
Definitely, article 46
"Okay, should I make evidence available to them"
If you want to, but why? Article 46
"Should I further the indictment against him on appeal beyond general awareness?"
Seriously, just do whatever you want.
"Awesome thanks."

Just imagine if that you have Jeff Pash giving Goodell the same advice that Lester Munson has been writing about.

"Should I suspend Brady for 4 games?"
Yeah, why not, it's all covered under article 46
"Even though there is no notice of a 4 game suspension for doing this?"
Yup. Go right ahead.
"Okay, and when he appeals should I hear it or someone else"
You should hear it.
"And if they want to call witnesses, can I say no?"
Definitely, article 46
"Okay, should I make evidence available to them"
If you want to, but why? Article 46
"Should I further the indictment against him on appeal beyond general awareness?"
Seriously, just do whatever you want.
"Awesome thanks."
Rg: But what about the evidence that indicates no deflation scheme took place? Will I have to share it?"
JP: Lololol

So I just turned on Mike and Mike because they are both reasonable and I wanted to hear their take. Golic is not there this morning and his replacement is Chris Carter. And who is sitting with them as their guest? Lester Munson. I turned it off immediately. ESPN has no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes