PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lester Munson doubles down and predicts an easy victory for the NFL on appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part was just stunning to me:

"The law that protects arbitrators' decisions from judicial interference is a fundamental principle of American labor law. Goodell, in contrast to his bungling of the Rice, Peterson and Bountygate investigations, led a process that produced a solid investigation. Goodell's 20-page decision was impressive in its analysis of the evidence and its application of the "conduct detrimental" clauses of the CBA and the standard player contract. It was a vast improvement over Goodell's phlegmatic and occasionally incoherent testimony in the Rice arbitrations. And Brady blundered badly when he refused to cooperate with the investigation and destroyed evidence."

>>>>But there are reasons the league can and probably will succeed in its appeal of Berman's ruling:First, the league's legal position remains strong. The rule that prevents federal judges from interfering with arbitrators' decisions is a powerful doctrine in American law. Berman's unexpected reasoning on the "notice" issue and on other issues is questionable.<<<
I'd expect more from a first year law student. Yes, there is a deference to arbitrator's decisions BUT the process has to be fair and impartial. In this case, there was not a fair hearing (couldn't see all the evidence or question all the witnesses) and that will be cause to overturn an arbitration as spelled out in law. There are multiple failures in which the NFL didn't comply. Munson didn't mention that and it seems like he didn't even read Berman's decision which was brilliant in that it covered the bases and in the event of an overturn left Berman room to revacate the decision...
Munson's the guy on a long losing streak who is sure the next race will turn it around..No, Lester, it ain' happening.Quit while you're far behind...

>>>>But there are reasons the league can and probably will succeed in its appeal of Berman's ruling:First, the league's legal position remains strong. The rule that prevents federal judges from interfering with arbitrators' decisions is a powerful doctrine in American law. Berman's unexpected reasoning on the "notice" issue and on other issues is questionable.<<<
I'd expect more from a first year law student. Yes, there is a deference to arbitrator's decisions BUT the process has to be fair and impartial. In this case, there was not a fair hearing (couldn't see all the evidence or question all the witnesses) and that will be cause to overturn an arbitration as spelled out in law. There are multiple failures in which the NFL didn't comply. Munson didn't mention that and it seems like he didn't even read Berman's decision which was brilliant in that it covered the bases and in the event of an overturn left Berman room to revacate the decision...
Munson's the guy on a long losing streak who is sure the next race will turn it around..No, Lester, it ain' happening.Quit while you're far behind...

There's deference to the arbitrator's decisions, but guess what - there's more deference to what an actual judge says.

Munson's seriously 0-for his last-whatever. I can't remember the last time he was right.

I thought we decided we would stop attributing pretend-moronic-quotes to Munson since it's so difficult to differentiate between his pretend-idiocy and his real idiocy.....

Wait, what? What's that? Those are real quotes and not pretend-moronic ones???? :eek::eek:

:D

Is he really that dumb or just a huge dbag? Or both?

Pretty sure that Munson is unfamiliar with the Federal Arbitration Act, which is a strange thing to be clueless on when you're speaking at length about arbitration.

The FAA clearly sets forth four circumstances under which a judge should vacate an arbitrator's award. Berman ruled accordingly, as instructed by federal law.

This is about the furthest thing imaginable from judicial activism, no matter how a hack like Munson tries to spin it.

Pretty sure that Munson is unfamiliar with the Federal Arbitration Act, which is a strange thing to be clueless on when you're speaking at length about arbitration.

The FAA clearly sets forth four circumstances under which a judge should vacate an arbitrator's award. Berman ruled accordingly, as instructed by federal law.

This is about the furthest thing imaginable from judicial activism, no matter how a hack like Munson tries to spin it.

Whenever I read Munson, I am pretty sure he is unfamiliar with the law in general. My legal expertise is two business law classes in grad school, a few civil cases I have been involved in for business, and the fact I have a couple of friends who are lawyers who educate me and I think I could school Munson on the law.

I hereby dub him Sir Lestah' Dumbson

I'm pretty sure Judge Berman understands the law better than a pontificating hack that hasn't practiced in decades. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Polian sounded as dumb or dumber than Munson, we know his agenda, his hate for the Pats shines through, it's going to be a great day when the appeal get's tossed, dumbasses

I hear what you're saying, but the fact is is that he is the most prominent attorney utilized by the nation's leading sports network. Pathetic but true.
The most prominent attorney no longer allowed to practice with a drinking problem utilitzed by the nations leading sports network.

Fixed that for you.

I think its obvious at this point that Munson is just a saber rattling clown for ESPN. If he didn't make these obnoxious claims all the time, nobody would know who he is..

This is his way of feeling important because a lot of people are talking about him, even if they're talking about how incompetent and stupid he is.

This tells you all you need to know about know BSPN. They are the propaganda arm of Goodell's reich.

I think its obvious at this point that Munson is just a saber rattling clown for ESPN. If he didn't make these obnoxious claims all the time, nobody would know who he is..

This is his way of feeling important because a lot of people are talking about him, even if they're talking about how incompetent and stupid he is.
He obviously is a follower of P.T. Barnum: "There is no such thing as bad publicity".;)

I have a question for Munson:

What are your lottery numbers for this week? It's for some lottery numbers I want to avoid...

Leave it to the Erroneous Sports Propaganda League to employ a disbarred legal "expert" (um, if you were an expert, you wouldn't be disbarred) and then have him assert that the NFL is right

He is effectively Goodell's employee I'd be willing to bet that Jeff Nash "edited" if not wrote Munson's column

I'd be better off getting legal advise from this Munson image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back