PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

lest we forget giants upset bills super bowl 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
don't get too carried away saying it's over. it was those same giants that upset 9ers in san fran to get in super bowl 25. where they promptly upset the "can't miss" bills too in the wide right game. give coughlin & co 2 weeks to prepare and they should be able to come up with a good game plan. i'm not saying we shouldn't be the favorites, but don't for a minute do a "bills" and take this team lightly.

Last edited:
don't get too carried away saying it's over. it was those same giants that upset 9ers in san fran to get in super bowl 25. where they promptly upset the "can't miss" bills too in the wide right game. give coughlin & co 2 weeks to prepare and they should be able to come up with a good game plan. i'm not saying we shouldn't be the favorites, but don't for a minute do a "bills" and take this team lightly.

"these same Giants" the same personnel that is playing today was playing in Super Bowl 25? :confused:

Yeah, they had a pretty ok defensive coordinator back then. lol

All that matters is that the Patriots don't take the Giants lightly. They won't.

As for the fans, the Pats just won. I think it's OK for everyone to enjoy it for a little while before we need to get all worked up about the Giants. The game is in two weeks, so relax.

Wish we could have the person who came up with that game plan to stop a team like that....man who did the Giants have that could of done that??

Are people taking them lightly? First of all, what does it matter what a team 17 years ago did? Second of all, it's not unfair to observe the ways in which we match up well with them, or correctly point out the Pats should be favored.

We've played enough close games over the latter half of the season and the playoffs, that I think most serious fans aren't about to sleep on any opponent at this point. Besides, all non-bandwagoners remember a plucky little underdog which upset the Greatest Show on Turf, so I think most will approach it with the correct amount of perspective.

don't get too carried away saying it's over. it was those same giants that upset 9ers in san fran to get in super bowl 25. where they promptly upset the "can't miss" bills too in the wide right game. give coughlin & co 2 weeks to prepare and they should be able to come up with a good game plan. i'm not saying we shouldn't be the favorites, but don't "for a minute do a "bills" and take this team lightly.

People keep bringing up the Bills and Rams being upset in the Super Bowl as if it has any bearing on the Pats. If there is any similarity, it's that the Coach of those teams was Bill Belichick, and he's not coaching for the NY Giants...anymore.

"Coach Coughlen, I coached with Bill Belichick: I know Bill Belichick; Bill Belichick is a friend of mine. Coach Coughlen...you're no Bill Belichick.

HHHHMMMM I did not know that the Giants still had players on their roster that played in SB XXV ;) :p

EZ76

The common thread between the Giants' SB champs and the NE SB champs is on our sideline. I like our chances.

Time for you to come clean. There is no such thing as a football fan living in Newton. Where do you REALLY live?

You again?!? Why can't you just enjoy a win for one day? Jeez you're the same idiot who was lamenting about how the Pats would get complacent and lose in the playoffs if WE didn't talk about improvements. Pessemisim coming out already.

WE HAVE BELICHICK ON OUR SIDELINE.

The Giants and Bills were both 13-3, it wasn't a big mismatch coming into the game.

The Giants and Bills were both 13-3, it wasn't a big mismatch coming into the game.

bills had beaten giants in new jersey that season. just like pats did this season

"these same Giants" the same personnel that is playing today was playing in Super Bowl 25? :confused:
I think they beat the Colts is SB III, too, and the Rams in SBXVI. Wait a minute ...

bills had beaten giants in new jersey that season. just like pats did this season

How on earth does a game from 17 years ago play into what's happening now? If you're just trying to brace yourself for a potential upset, fine, but do it alone by talking to yourself in the bedroom mirror. I think most Pats fans would like to enjoy winning the AFC Championship, at least for a day or two. :)

The Patriots' defense is playing better and the run game is stronger than in Week 17. They held one of the best running offenses in check (Jax) and maintained a 9:13 drive to salt away the game vs. SD's vaunted defense.

While the Giants tried to give the game away to GB (dropped passes, fumbled INT, missed FG's) Lord Favre had the biggest giveaway. The Pats have beaten the Giants this year and have the means to do it again. Relax a bit, okay? ;)

Time for you to come clean. There is no such thing as a football fan living in Newton. Where do you REALLY live?
Don't make fun of Newton. Fig-filled cookies were invented there. Fig-filled fans live there now.

Wish we could have the person who came up with that game plan to stop a team like that....man who did the Giants have that could of done that??

lolz......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey