Welcome to PatsFans.com

Leonhard: Revis to Cover Welker

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Zeus, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsfan06

patsfan06 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It doesn't make sense at all, which is exactly the reason why Rex would do it. If they do, I am feeling very confident.

2. mb6592

mb6592 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I still have no idea what happened on Jan 16, 2011 (weren’t the Jets suppose to have no pass rush? What happened to the Pats’ receiver’s ability to separate? Why did Brady have to have his 1-2 times/year bad game on that day?), so I think the order of the day should be surface humility hiding internal confident rage.

Also, Revis hasn’t had a bad day against anyone, and that encompasses future hall of famers, so I wouldn’t expect a big day from anyone he covers.

I just hope a win will take some of the sting that remains from that playoff collapse. Although, since I would have bet my house that the Pats would win last Jan 16th (especially coming off that 45-3 shellacking just the month before which convinced me that they had the Jets figured out), I’m worried that all will be right with the world only after the Jets get knocked out of playoff contention, or we beat them in the playoffs.

3. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I predict Taylor Price will get some touches. His coming out party.

#Hommerism talking. Since his hometown is the same town I currently reside in. :rocker:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. Tom + Bill

Tom + Bill Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like your post cool smiley guy!:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

5. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -4

I agree, let's not underestimate the Jets defense. They completely confused Brady with their 'cloud' coverage in the playoffs. I'm sure they are aware that Welker is the Pats #1 weapon right now so they will try to take it away. I expect to see Revis on Welker at times, when it fits their plan, but not all the time. The Pats fortunately have multiple weapons, dont forget the Gronk and Hernandez, Branch and Ocho, and Ridley and BJGE.

The KEY to beating the Jets this Sunday is not to be one-dimensional on offense. If the Jets can just tee off against the pass, then eventually thats gonna lead to a turnover. And the team with the least turnovers generally wins football games. Oh and it would be nice to see our defense step up against Sanchez. This guy has been terrible this season, let's keep it that way.

6. mb6592

mb6592 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Except for Ocho & Ridley, everyone else was there less than 9 months ago. It really all comes down to Brady, because this team hasn't been good enough (for some time now) to withstand bad Brady day.

Agreed, we better run on them. They are not a great run stopping defense. They can be run on.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  7. JetFan1

JetFan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In the 45-3 game, the Jets D was in complete disarray due to the injury of Jim Leonard, the injury happened on a Friday, and the practice work and game plan leading up to the game had to be completely adjusted as Leonard was the QB of the secondary, there was miscommunication and missed assignments all game as a result, this was the biggest factor in that game.

Tomorrow, the Pats are getting a healthy Jets team, especially in the secondary.

8. ArchAngel007

ArchAngel007 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +260 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Dang so Leonard is somewhat more important than Revis?

9. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +338 / 2 / -1

I agree. At this point in the 2011 season, the Patriots will not win ugly. Their offense needs to click for them to win. While I don't think Brady has to be perfect, I think we cannot afford to have him have a bad game. However, I think this holds true of the whole offense as a collective. We cannot afford to have multiple aspects of the offense to have bad days (AH, WW, Gronk, Woodhead, Branch and the OL need to play relatively well). With that said, short of the Jets coming up with an excellent game plan to confuse Brady, there is every reason to believe that the Patriots can put up another 30+.

To the specific point of Revis covering WW, assuming that succeeds in shutting down WW (start the lobbying for PI calls on Revis as soon as the game begins! :D), this simply means Brady needs to target the other guys, some of whom should be getting open (As I said in another post, this is the game for '85' if '85' has got it in him). If the Patriot offense can be shut down by shutting down WW, the Patriots have a serious problem on offense and are in deep trouble this week and beyond.

10. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Revis will be mostly on Branch. I don't see Revis covering the slot. The Pats will blow up the Jets with Welker and Gronk.

11. danam404

danam404 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This was a joke right? So one player in the jets secondary caused them to give up 45 points and only score 3? You people amaze me more everyday.

We lost jerod mayo last week, our actual signal caller on defense, and we scored more than 3 points. It was amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.